Pakalolos Organics For The Win

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by Pakalolo, Feb 26, 2014.

Sounds like you went out to Hana on the Harley ride.

The best part will be spending an overnighter talking with my old grow buddy and eating his fruit. He has the best tangerines I've ever tasted.

3. Yes I know you keep rubbing it in :p :laughing: 
    Are you sure they are tangerines and not tangelos? Most people don't know there is a difference. They look almost exactly alike except tangelos are a bit larger with more of a nipple at the top and they are much sweeter and produce about 5 times as much fruit. I have been eating a ton of em they are my favorite citrus I think :hello: :confused_2: :hello:

4. #904 Pakalolo, Aug 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2014

My friend knows the difference and so do I. He planted the trees but he has termites that like those tangerine trees too. I haven't been there for 3 years so I'm hoping he hasn't lost the battle with the termites. No, these are the best tangerines I've ever tasted. He got lots of other fruits too. I like his starfruit but not the jackfruit. I'll find out what he likes to grow in the islands and pass it on to you if you're interested.

5. Thats good. I used to love tangerines I'd always get em at market and then at toms house theres a tree I get em from so I cant even eat a orange or tangerine. I love those fuckin tangelos though sometimes get a cup out of one of em :yummy:
    I'm not a starfruit fan. It tastes like weak mango to me :laughing:
    You bet I'd love to hear what he has to say. You should of had him meet you on my island shhhhh :hello: :hello: :hello: It would have been a blast. We truely live in the left breast of Hawaii man we are so close to the beating heart of this place. mmmm I love everything about her right where I am, it's just unspeakable. :love: :smoke: :D :smoke: :love:  But I'm such a recluse I don't know if I could do it. :confused_2: I have a cord that runs from my old home to toms home and through a few areas of ocean. I don't go much outside that except here. It's just who I am. My true friends know if they want to see me they need to plan something quiet and hope I am having a day where I can handle whatever we planned :smoke: :laughing: :smoke:

6. I got some good news when I was checking out the cuttings this morning. Around the beginning of July I took 6 cuttings, 2 each off Goblin Queen, Goblin Girl and Halo. All but the 2 Halo cuttings rooted and are in gallon pots. This morning I finally saw roots in my clear cups for one of the Halos. So I haven't lost the Halo line. I'll transplant her tomorrow.

7. #908 Pakalolo, Aug 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2014
    Into week 5

This is when I enjoy sitting with the ladies. The buds are forming and the plants aren't stretching. Now the buds will fatten up. These ladies are thirsty every 3rd day now. I placed in some support stakes today. The buds are getting heavy and I don't want a branch to break. I just did a final trim on them removing lower branches that won't amount to much. I know some growers think you should leave on dying leaves some the nutrients in them are given back to the plant. I don't think that way. I think that the soil will provide all the nutrients the plant needs so I don't want to have branches or leaves that are healthy. Anyway that's how I think about it.

Halo
    [​IMG]

Blue Orca
    [​IMG]

Goblin Girl
    [​IMG]

Another Goblin Girl
    [​IMG]

Goblin Girl sister
    [​IMG]

Goblin Queen
    [​IMG]

8. Dang, those are some beautiful plants, pak :)

TJ

I'm sure you'll be doing just as good with your soil mix and those seeds you're popping.

Want to see the buds?

10. Is that a serious question :unsure:

Of course, I would love to!

TJ

11. I took bud shots but the one for Goblin Girl sister was not up to my standards. So she is out of the line up this week.

Halo
    [​IMG]

Goblin Girl
    [​IMG]

Another Goblin Girl
    [​IMG]

Goblin Queen
    [​IMG]

Blue Orca
    [​IMG]

12. I know blue orca looks fresh as hell, but there's something about those goblin girls that I can't resist (and it's not the variegation, either).

I don't have a favorite among the ladies as far as quality. I haven't tried BO yet so who knows. Part of the reason I'm expanding is to accommodate the variety I have. Goblin Girl has the variegation. Halo is unique in smell and flavor. Goblin Queen smells like grapes. Blue Orca is just a beautiful plant. She's almost poster perfect.

14. I think I see her perfection as a flaw, like women who fit the "ideal beauty" mold a little too snug. (I was just making my statement based on looks.)

Aside from potency, I think the most defining quality for marijuana, for me, is the smell/flavor. There are some plants that are just loaded with resin and super potent, but have a smell I don't prefer, I think the sour D I don't like, or anything that smells skunky; I'm much more of a fan of fruity smells, so those are the phenotypes I'll start hunting. Any tips that could point me in the right direction towards that would be helpful. I think I would like the GQ grape smell.

15. The Hashberry I have from Mandala Seeds has phenomenal smell and flavor. Kinda fruity, sweet and floral. It smelled like sour candy when it was growing and drying/curing. Potency is there too. Pleasant, relaxing buzz that is refreshing for sleep, but functional and doesn't force you to pass out if you don't want to. I like it! Lol.

TJ

16. Wow Pak! Beautiful as always! Livin the blue orca, would love a cutting of that. Excellent work bro!

I'm more a couch lock knock me down sort of a guy. That's why I like indica but I haven't had good sativa since the 70's when you started seeing the 'good stuff' making the rounds. Halo is good but I had to harvest her at 7 weeks. So she wasn't fully mature. I'm hoping for no PM this time and take her to full maturity. Blue Orca should be a great sativa quality. I like to mix things up and that's one of the reasons for the variety.

As far as smells and flavor I have to admit I'm inexperienced so I don't have much to contribute to a direction for your search. I did and will enjoy the grape smell when the lights go off. It's much better than Skunk. My wife complained about how bad it stunk. I didn't have carbon filters and those last few weeks would stink up the house.

I think there are still some Dark Goblin seeds from Sanctuary Gardens over at seedbay,

http://www.seedbay.com/index.php?a=19&change=0&c=0&b[subcategories_also]=1&b[search_text]=sanctuary+gardens&b[search_titles]=1&b[search_descriptions]=1&b[whole_word]=0&b[classified_auction_search]=0&b[by_price_lower]=&b[by_price_higher]=&b[optional_field_1]=&b[optional_field_2]=&b[optional_field_3]=&b[optional_field_4]=&b[optional_field_5]=&b[search]=Search

Maybe someone cruising through here will have other suggestions. TJ offered Hashberry. I would assume anything with berry in the name would smell fruity..

Thanks man, I owe my success to the information that has been so freely shared here in GC. It's a recipe for success. You just have to read the posts.

19. #920 Possuum, Aug 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2014
    Beautiful Pak. If you and I was hangin' out I'd say something like:

Me:  "Man you ought to seriously investigate what resources are necessary to patent your cultivar".

To which you might reply, "There's an easier way to accomplish the same but I have to be careful because it's cannabis. I've hired a lawyer expert in these things to see what's up".

Me: "Fuck yeh man! You have something special right there if you can reproduce it from seed. You need to protect that shit!"

Plant Variety Protection

Now spark that doobie and let's smoke some of that Goblin GurL smoko!