Pakalolos Organics For The Win

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by Pakalolo, Feb 26, 2014.

1. Happy 4th Pak

2. Just droppin In to say hello, I've got some Lil ones to share pics of
    1436135138025.jpg GS
    1436135181548.jpg PS
    1436135202725.jpg and a Lil PS mutant
    I also just dropped some others to tryout aswell
    1436135287964.jpg

3. I'm crossing my fingers for the mutant to straighten itself out. Good to see you Red Beard.

4. #2484 RED BEARD, Jul 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2015
    likewise pak! & it's always good to be seen by your friends..;)
    I thought the Lil snowflake was kinda cute

5. Why the gloves? Just curious.

6. I don't like getting dirt under my fingernails is all. Just part of being a lazy grower who doesn't like to spend the few minutes cleaning out the dirt.

7. Ah. I'm right the opposite. Not only do I have a hard time using gloves for anything beyond bulk work, but I like getting my hands in the dirt. Feels like I connect with the Earth when I do. I've never bought into the whole "Earthing" thing, but I do feel a spiritual connection with nature when I garden.

8. Now that I've got the teenagers moved into the flower areas on July 1 I transplanted the tweeners from their 2 gallon pots into the 5 gallon pots and moved them to the teenage area. I'll be moving the ladies outdoors on August 1 and these teenagers will be moved into the flower area.

Teenagers
    [​IMG]

Front row left to right: Old Goblin, Blueberry, Purple Star and 3Elders
    Back row left to right: Nocturnal, Goblin Girl, Goblin Queen and another Goblin Queen

9. Hey y'all :wave:
    Yeah I thought it was kinda fast myself Tman. My last plant took 3.5 weeks before she threw any new veg shoots. This time..though I did something a little different. Once i saw serious new growth on node. I plucked anything else on that branch. Kinda like jolt of energy, is what I was hoping to create. You know how we manipulat hormone by bending the tips? That's what I had in mind. Seems to have worked okay. I'll snap a picture of her when I get home she's looking really good.

$peaking of photos. LoLo I need help with my new phone camera. I can't take a good picture.

10. I'm here for you Smokey but not sure how much help I can be without standing next to you and your phone.

That plucking is something I've never tried but I haven't re-veg-ged in many years.

11. Just see if it has a micro/macro setting. I was gifted a Nikon coolpix camera, it does some seriously justice photos

12. Cost is aboot 100$.

Attached Files:

13. Trimmed almost a whole plant last night. My buddy and I went hiking/swimming as you can see in the Lounge, then we came back to work. I went and bought an extra pair of fiskars for him, but 2 minutes into it we were just trimming with our fingers. The hash we peeled off was pretty impressive. He's not smoking at the moment so I'm just saving all his finger hash in a jar for when he starts again.

They've been hanging like 10-11 days now and there's no way I'm going to be able to trim it all in a day or two so I'm thinking about chopping up the branches so they all fit in paper bags and keeping them in there with some humidipaks or something until I can get to them. Do you have any suggestions on this? I also have gallon ziploc and some decent sized tupperware.

14. I'd go with the paper bags over the ziplock. If it is dried though ziplock would be okay. The paper bag would be easier to put the branches into.

15. #2495 Anatman, Jul 8, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2015
    The buds are dry to the touch but the very inside is still pretty wet, so I guess that's what gets evened out during the curing. The buds are either incredibly fluffy/light or they are a little more dry than optimal, and that's why I was thinking putting them in an environment where they would absorb humidity rather than lose it.

The trays into which we were trimming had a nice dusting of kief on the bottom so the outside material is definitely pretty dry.

The buds that are trimmed filled up a paper grocery bag 3/4 full and I threw 4 humidity packs in the bag, this is a temporary storage until I figure out a better place to put them; I don't have enough jars for the material I have.

I have an unoccupied tupperware bin that's used to store wrapping paper, so it's pretty long, I think I'll take my plants down from hanging and throw them in there whole, so deal with when I have the time.

16. I would say to make the time my friend or you could potentially eff up a what 5 month endeavor

17. #2497 Pakalolo, Jul 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2015
    Cabinetman is correct. Whatever you do you need to watch them to make sure you don't end up with a bunch of mold. TJ lost most of his first crop to mold because he didn't take time to cure it. Don't make that mistake.

18. Righto. I've stored weed that was too wet and ended up with brown hay, but have yet to see mold. Rather than too much moisture I'm wanting to take action that they don't dry out too much.

If they keep hanging until I can trim them, they'll be too dry, so I'm just brainstorming a way to store them until I can trim them. I'm assuming them having some fan leaves shouldn't hurt anything.

Say I put them in the tupperware with the humidity packs and a hygrometer to monitor the RH, would you agree this to be an acceptable MO? I could then just take out a branch and trim and jar at my leisure?

19. I see what your getting at now...... I would say so long as your checking on them and letting new air in and the old wet air out you should be gravy........ My friskars are sharp my friend

20. Today I made IWE hash from my trimmings. I started at 10:30 soaking the herb and by 2:00 I had recovered the hash. Let's start first with my equipment.

[​IMG]

In the back left I have my 5 gallon bucket with my 'Grow Your Own' bubble bags. I use 25, 45, 73, 120 and 160 micro bags for this with the smallest number on the inside working out to the highest number and that's the green bag on top of the rest. Next to it is the herb I've collected over the trimming. The dark pad hanging down in the center is a seed heating pad that I use to dry the hash with. The circle shaped object is some copper tubing I made to put in the bottom of the bags when I scraping out the hash from the bottom of the bag. The white object inside the circular one is my scraper. The wooden spoon is for stir the ice and herb. The blue outlined square shaped objects are the 25 micro screens I use to press the water out of the hash.

I start it off by laying herb then ice then herb...

[​IMG]

When I get all the ice and herb in there I fill it with water and let it set for awhile. This time it was about a hour.

[​IMG]

Once I have stirred my arms sore I drain the liquid out of the green bag. I don't stir vigorously but after a half hour it does get tiring. This is what I end up with in the bucket.

[​IMG]

This is a mixture of very cold water and tens of thousands of resin heads. It's a very dark brown color. I drain each bag and the smaller resin heads flow into the next bag and the bigger ones end up on the screen. I get that copper circle object and place in in the bottom of the bag. Using the white scraper I get the wet hash and place it between the two 25 micro screens and push out the water using paper towels.

[​IMG]

You can see the hash in the bottom there of the 45 micro bag. I place a sheet of parchment paper over the seed heating pad and put the hash on the parchment to dry. This is what I ended up with.

[​IMG]

The hash from left to right came from these sized micro bags: 120, 73, 45 and 25. The 73 micro bag ends up with the most hash.\t\t\t\t\t\t