Pakalolos Organics For The Win

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by Pakalolo, Feb 26, 2014.

Actually it is named Gooey so I don't know if it is related to any of the Afgooey cultivars. I got her from a friend who said she was a breeding that took place over a few years back about 30 years ago. What went into her was 70s landrace Cambodian, 70s landrace Mexican Gold, 70s landrace Lumbo Gold, 80s landrace Thai and 72 Maui Wowee from the breeder.

If this is all true then there is some old school genetics wrapped up in her and I'm interested to see what pops out when combined with my old school males.

This is the first time I've grown her so I don't know about the quality. I was told it was one of the favorites of the grower I got her from. I do like the looks of her.

2. I took down the PM ladies I let go for 8 weeks to get the seeds. They didn't look too bad for my fighting PM for the last 3 weeks I didn't get a shot of 3M though.

Gooey
    [​IMG]

Pimp Daddy #1
    [​IMG]

Pimp Daddy #5
    [​IMG]

Variegated Goblin Girl
    [​IMG]

This next picture is of a yellow bud. You can see that yellow buds don't do very well.

[​IMG]

3. My GOBLIN SCEPTER is coming right along Pak... she has been really receptive to the LST And is growing some long stringy pistils :metal:
    1428023631348.jpg 1428023665967.jpg 1428023689578.jpg

4. #2085 mrsilly, Apr 3, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2015
    Hi Pak I have read that once a plant gets PM, if you take a clone, the clone will have PM. I have also read this is not the case. It seems to be quite a controversial topic.

What has been your finding on seed harvested from a plant with PM?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

I've never had a seed from a PM plant. This is my first so I don't have actual experience. My thoughts on this is PM is not passed to the seeds.

PM is systematic and you could take a cutting that has PM in it but it doesn't show. So that plant would grow with PM. If the cutting didn't have PM then you won't have a clone with PM. Those are just thoughts and not facts.

I've got PM on my tweeners now and am thinking about shutting down everything. I've seen it on my pheno hunt too. So I've got serious problem with getting these girls to bud. I'll have to wait and see but I'm going to be tossing some plants for sure pretty soon. My 3M is still showing resistance though.

6. My granddaughter and I hiked up to the top of my 20 acres today. The house is at 330' and the top is around 900'. I haven't been up on top in many years. This is about a third of the way up.

[​IMG]

I have some cliffs in my woods and this is on top of the cliff. I like this area because it has lots of ferns. It would be a great place for a house but no access, no water and no septic tank. So I couldn't build here but I like to hike up here in the summer.

This is what it looks like at the top as I gaze to the west across the river valley.

[​IMG]

7. Beautiful corner of the world Pak.

Beauti

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

8. Hows the Panama red female looking? Sativa heavy?
    Just caught up from 15 pages back. Are you sure bubble is okay to take care of pm? I'm asking out of lack of my own experience. That panama red male looked indica-ish.
    Sorry about the pm. I spray a mix of neem and spino. Good luck with the old school breeding.
    Jw but can someone look at that SG genetic lines and tell me what moko loko is? I can't get the link to work and can't find info on it.

http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1304901-A.O.'s-Green-Adventure

9. #2090 Head Chef, Apr 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2015
    Wow 200 acres! I have a 1/4 acre lol :)
    Stunning man. You grow outdoors? Or going to?

Happy Easter all.

Chef.

Head Chefs Indoor and Outdoor Adventures - http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1289059-Headchef%27s-indoor-and-outdoor-adventures

Neem does have fungicide properties but it doesn't seem to stop PM. I use Senerade and Actinovate for PM. Spinosad is for bugs and not PM.

I agree that the Panama Red does look indica-ish when I expected it to look more sativa-ish. The female looks the same way. In a couple of weeks I'll post some pictures of the pheno hunt. I'm waiting for bud formation before I take more pictures. Later today I'm going to transplant some rooted clones from the pheno hunt girls.

I remember reading in SG1's journal about the parentage of Moko Loko but don't remember the information. I'm sure if you posted in his journal he will fill you in.

This link doesn't work for you? Sometimes I need to hit it a second time.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12JO9X7BjF6bb43yE46iQuQxecK44yUJCMk_eQRtUZPw/edit#gid=550068886

You added an extra zero on my acreage so I actually have 20 acres but that's still a lot of trees.

I do grow outdoors and plan to again this summer. I grow along the edge of my forest to keep it stealth from my grandkids. Last summer I did an open pollination and got some seeds from it. I'm going to get some more seeds this summer but I'm doing targeted pollination so I know who the dad is.

11. GDP cross X the purps

12. Maybe you could build an outdoor covered deck up there or something...
    It looks absolutely magnificent man :)

Sorry to hear about PM problems..
    When you say it's systematic and when you take a cut with PM it'll have it... Does that mean if the cut itself shows the powder or if anywhere on that plant shows it

-From a small patio in socal

I haven't done enough cuttings off PM plants to give you actually experience. There is no doubt in my mind that if the cutting is showing PM it will end up with the clone. I haven't tried to take cuttings off PM plants where the branches look okay. It is my understanding that PM is systematic and that would seem to imply that you will have it off any cutting. But to be honest I just don't know. I usually toss the ones that are showing and never try to clone them.

Some of my tweeners are showing PM so I might experiment with them to find out more about what you can do. I'm thinking about taking cuttings of branches that aren't showing PM but that will require careful examination with a magnifying glass. I'll share whatever knowledge I gain.

14. I transplanted cuttings from my pheno hunt today. I got a 3Elder #4, a Purple Star #1, a Panama Red, 2 3Elder #3 and 3 3Elder #1. Those 3Elders appear to be fast at rooting. I'm still waiting on Goblin Scepter #3, Purple Star #5 and Purple Star #2 to root. I also transplanted the seedling that is either The One or Blue Orca X Eminem or MTV, aka bag seed. I'm tracking it as The One.

15. Hello Pakalolo,

Enjoyable reading. I love the photos. I noticed an earlier post with pictures of the Konga. Any more recent ones?

Mud

16. Green Cure applied weekly has been my Powdery Mildew IPM for about 2 years now.. I only see signs if I've been sloppy and missed several weeks.. With most of my grow being outside I can't win but I can get a standoff if I pay attention..
    http://www.greencure.net/what_is_greencure.asp

I'm glad you enjoy the pictures. I'll admit I like them too. I'll be putting up some more pheno hunt pictures this week so stay tuned.

I haven't used Green Cure but I'm waiting to hear how well it works for TJ. I may invest in some of it. I've got some tweeners that are showing PM issues so rather than tossing them now I'll going to do some experimenting on them. I need to figure out how to optimally manage this problem and experimenting will allow the plant to teach me.