Do you put a coin in your grinder?

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by MailFTW, Feb 26, 2014.

1. I just purchased a 4 piece medium sized Titanium Space Case. All of my friends swear that putting a coin in your grinder will produce more kief and so far it seems that they're correct however I've read that the kief produced by using a coin is not as pure because you're pushing more plant material through the screen. I've also heard that using a coin can damage your grinder over time and saying how i'm spending over $60 on the grinder I don't want to damage it. I'm just wondering if you guys use coins, or have a space case and use a coin and have yet to see any damage. Also, what else could I use besides a coin to get kief off of my screen? Thanks guys! 

2. My dude does this he says it helps collect keif lol. It seems to work well xD

3. And no he uses a dime and no damage to the grinder. 

4. I put a half dollar in mine just to be a badass. I've heard it helps collect kief too, I don't see any reason to doubt it?

5. With space case you get one of those plastic triangle scrapers not sure if that would work put could try leaving it in there

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. I got a dime in mine. It hasn't damaged it at all. I do get a good amount of kief too. As far as kief quality I don't think it really affects it. One little scoop on top of a bowl had me blazed quick.

7. :confused_2: seems like a ridiculous notion to me.

but im high :bongin:

8. nah man, I don't do that. Where I have a problem with your post is that you keep saying "produce", the grinder doesn't produce kief, it collects kief. In the end, you'll have smoked the same amount of kief, coin or not in your grinder.

9. My cosmic case came with a small plastic triangle too, I keep it in the middle chamber, I haven't used it otherwise but the kief definitely builds up faster than my old grinder.

10. Exactly. Well said. :applause:

11. What I do, is take a toothbrush, gently brush the screen on the top, take out the screen and make sure the top part doesn't have any plant material left on it to get mixed with the kief, flip it over, placing it on top of the kief compartment, and brush it again.  It works fairly well, and it's good for unclogging your screen.  

The only downside is that it's a little more effort than a coin, and it isn't really practical to do all the time, but it will get all that kief that likes to hang on the to underside of the screen. 

12. #12 lwien, Feb 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2014
    No..............being that I use a 2pc.   I want as much kief with my bud........all the time, not just some of the time.

13. I put a penny in my sharpstone grinder and it seems to do the job well. Just make sure its a fairly new or clean coin!

Sent from my iPhone

14. All your doing when you collect kief is taking it away from the buds and when you smoke the buds that have no kief on them its pretty much just shake at that point so i dont even bother with grinders and 60 bucks for a grind your getting riped.

15. I have a kief catcher but no desire to stick a coin in there, just seems unnecessary and then you get kief sticking to the coin too :confused_2:
    Every now and then I'll brush the screen with a toothbrush if it's getting clogged and to knock some extra crystals down, but that's it.

16. I use a dolla dolla bill yo

17. I use a coin . I like to collect keif and then when I run out of weed I dip into the crystals. also put your grinder in the freezer you will get a lot more ! I only do this with the really crystaly stuff tho because you don't want to take too much thc away .

18. overheard, "I used to keep a dime in my grinder, but I took it out to see if it would fit in my downtube..."

19. some people seem to be confused in this thread. you don't put the coin in the keif chamber, you place it in the middle area where the bud falls. once the bud is with the coin all grinder, shake the grinder country clockwise to collect keif!! it works great. I recommend a nickel. it will not damage the grinder!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

20. Putting a coin in ur grinder helps knock more kief down cuz it shakes the screen more but the exact same thing happens if you just tap your grinder a few times

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app