SUPER SILO; Vertical, 2kW, 100 ft² RDWC Trees, water cooled on dry nutrients

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Ttystikk, Feb 26, 2014.

Interesting video, I've never seen people get that kind of weight out of induction lighting. Pots are packed pretty tight for an ounce each, so all in all I'd be expecting more like ten lb from the room. Still very respectable!

2. #362 Buffalo11024, Mar 15, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2015
    I was thinking 14g a plant was a safe bet with hps, half their projection. Still 18# out of a 12x12x10. I'm sure that the 5400-6000w of hps would bring us much closer to their projection. 21 g plants put the numbers at 28#. 28# off of 6k in a space the size of master bedroom. 21x600=12600g total. 12600g\\6000w=2.1g/w. Quite respectable.

3. #363 Ttystikk, Apr 19, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2015

Hey brother- how's it going these days? I got fed up with six string and his attitude so I quit visiting the other forum.

4. I'm still here, still pluggin' away. I'll be taking delivery of 5kW worth of COB LED lights next week, which should make for an interesting spring.

5. hi Tty,,will you still be growing vertical when you use the cob lighting ? ,,,mac.

6. oh yeah, no going back to flatlander grows for me!

7. I'm definately re-reading this thread today!

8. other highlights to the system include an upgrade from window mount chillers to a full dual circuit heat pump, giving me the ability to move useful heat to and from anywhere is needed in my op or in my home. Still in progress, currently under construction.

9. in other news, Super Silos are obsolete.

Yep, that sexy cylindrical shape is a thing of the past, just like that. COB LED is much more efficient and has excellent spectrum characteristics... and since it's a directional light source as opposed to an omnidirectional one, the shape need no longer follow the curve of optimal distance from a point source.

Long live the COB Array!

Oh boy, do I have some crazy ideas cooked up for this shit. Juuuuuuuuust you wait.

The revolution cometh!

10. #370 Ttystikk, Jan 14, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2016
    see if I can post a pic here.

Bubblegum;
    Dang. File too large, gotta edit it down.

Anyway, it came out to 26 1/4z.

Today's Hillbilly Hobby will come pretty close to that, I'm guessing.

11. @Canadianorganic my average is over a pound unless something drastic happened. The upcoming COB LED installation may help me achieve a two pound per plant average, perhaps even more.

12. The Super Silo shape has evolved into an ellipse or oval shape, so I could fit more lamps inside.

My light distribution pattern is less than perfect, so the two on the wide panels in the middle tend to get more light and thus grow bigger. All my record holders are coming from that spot.

With the upcoming COB LED setup, every plant will have even more light, and they'll all be on flat panels.

13. I'm so excited to see the COBs!

14. trust me when I tell you that considering what I paid, you're not half as excited to see them as I am.

15. Hahaah
    I can imagine!

16. @Canadianorganic since you're pretty much the only one checking in here, so what would you like to know about my growing style or equipment? I've been at this for years now, so I'm happy to share.

17. Hahaha everyone else is just quiet
    How do you set up the actual vertical mesh/screen? And what did you use?

18. I'm here also, I haven't had anything to share so I was observing and taking notes man way above my level in this thread, but very informative, like just checking it out.

19. #380 Ttystikk, Jan 22, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2016
    I'm going to be really honest and say I'm not a fan of this forum's interface. I can't quote anyone's reply, it eats my responses and sends ME an email when I post to my own thread!

To answer the questions above- AGAIN- I use four inch square goat and sheep fencing, 4' tall. I cut 6' lengths of it and bend them into shape. They hang from screw hooks in the ceiling with wire ties.