SUPER SILO; Vertical, 2kW, 100 ft² RDWC Trees, water cooled on dry nutrients

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Ttystikk, Feb 26, 2014.

1. #341 Ttystikk, Feb 7, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2015

NICE! Just had a conversation/consultation with my friend who is a professional weed breeder for a Boulder dispensary. He's been there for years and it's all he does. There's an entirely separate crew that runs the grow houses... using his strains and crosses, of course. That alone gives him serious status- but the work he's done is quite simply world class. Just for starters, the Hillbilly Hobby in the pic above is his strain... and the list is endless.

Impressions from today's meeting:

1. The Super Silo system kicks serious ass- he's impressed with how we're doing things here. That kind of validation is worth its weight in dank buds. Yield per watt is on par with the best of the best.. and yield per ft² of floorspace is waaaay beyond what commercial warehouse operations are pulling. Our unit labor costs are a fraction of theirs.

2. He's planning to breed autoflowers soon- he thinks that modern autos finally now have potential when crossed with today's popular strains like Chem Sour Diesel, Strawberry Cough, etc. I can't wait to see what comes from this project. Other projects include growing red buds- I mean bloody red, and crossing to get color and potency into new varieties.

3. Buying brand name water bottle nutrients is no better than commercially available dry nutrient salts, you're just spending more cash for the same chems. For the money, you get a tested nutrient schedule and buffers to stabilize pH. Truly, it's not hard to add pH down when the girls want it...

4. He was very happy indeed to get a baby Hillbilly Hobby back- and will be sending us more clones to run soon! This is how our symbiotic relationship works; we get genetics that simply aren't available anywhere else at any price, CUSTOMIZED FOR THIS VERTICAL SILO APPROACH. He gets growth and potency validation and actual real world test results on his strains, without having to pay the overhead for the extra space- or labor. Simply amazing.

Straight up, I don't know what else happens on this website, but by comparison to the decades of relevant industry experience our team brings to bear, it's amateur hour.

The future is being built right here, kids- stay tuned!

2. Awesome work!

3. Bubblegum, a tasty treat that lasts and lasts;

20150307_190819.jpg

4. morning Tty ,aint seen you around for a while ,,that bubblegum does look yummy ,,,,enjoy it man ,,,,mac

5. I've been INSANELY busy!

6. So what was the final weight?

Thanks, brother! It looks amazing and my trim crew is drooling at the chance to taste test it. 

I'm busy setting up more silos around town for various clients.

I started an LLC to hold the intellectual property and as a holding company to own n operate the hardware and consulting businesses.

I've hired a guy with a Master's in Communications to begin the process of documenting procedures, marketing materials, correspondence letters, etc.

I've hired a certified welder to build equipment, light racks, etc.

Amateur hour is OVER.

8. Good luck man !

Wishing you a successful journey !

9. Tty that is so awesome! You def have the motivation and the talent. You've already being doing it so all you need now is the paperwork[​IMG][​IMG] to make it official. You totally got this!  I have watched your grow and you have inspired me to think outside of the box.

I wish you a lot of success in making your dreams come true![​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

My company is now official. Since it IS a company now, sadly I'm no longer really able to go into much detail about what kind of research I'm doing, but if you liked what you saw before, you'd love what's coming.

Research is my THING, and grow research aimed at reducing costs and dropping kilowatts used is what gets me out of bed and hitting the ground running every day!

11. This may seem weird... but, I'm proud of you.  Good shit.  Don't get overwhelmed.  Baby steps.

• Like Like x 1

12. This may seem weird... but, I'm proud of you.  Good shit.  Don't get overwhelmed.  Baby steps.

Totally not weird....I was thinking the same thing LOL

• Like Like x 1
  13. Rather than using the term "reducing kilowatts"  you could market with the point of "reducing greenhouse gasses," improving the environment, and limiting the carbon footprint of growers. 
    Just some thoughts.  Growers are often hippies.  Hippies like that go green stuff.  Just some thoughts for ya brudda.

Not weird. Thank you. There's an awful lot of those damned baby steps...

Thanks for the thoughts. I'm well aware of how green my innovations are, I just like to use the hot button hype words sparingly.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Just discovered this thread. Loved to see the evolution since last year! Super stoked to see your running a company off of this now! Can't wait to see the ad's in the ganja gazette [​IMG] ! 

17. These innovations, some described here and many more I didn't, add up to cutting the cost of growing product indoors at commercial scale by over HALF vs. currently accepted industry best practice.

The price of product is falling dramatically nationwide and the only way to remain competitive will be to produce it for less than one's rivals.

Yes, someone COULD attempt to reverse engineer what I've done here- but I'll always be years ahead in terms of technology and techniques, because the job of TCD Labs LLC is and will always be to continue the research. No individual warehouse grower will have the time, space or resources to compete with a dedicated research facility, therefore, it only makes the best kind of business sense to partner with us and thereby take advantage of our complete, integrated and proven package of techniques, technologies and practices to reduce costs, stay ahead of the competition- and the market.

How's that for the core of a marketing strategy?

I enjoy it, I enjoy the appreciation and pleasure of others who do- and most of all, I enjoy the validation it represents of everything it took to produce it.

Thank you for the kind words, Mac- you of all people have been watching my progress with the perspective of years of experience. I know you see the potential like few others!

19. On a commercial scale it would seem that there would be a lot of wasted space running silos. I know of a few who grow trees in a similar fashion but without the cages. Running 600w bulbs low and between columns and 1000w above, seems much less efficient. Curious as to how you are adapting for the scale, if at all. To make things more viable or speed up turn around have you considered a s.o.g. Similar to this but with hps, using the rest of your methods?. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1d6jCULxBHM

20. Been looking at blending this method and yours for a while now. Drip/soil sea o green silo.