Living Organics in an Urban Wasteland (CBD Crew)

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by blackwo1f, Feb 25, 2014.

You're right. The Azasol definitely did a number on them, but it's so expensive and I have cold pressed neem cake, so why not do a neem tea... 

I also was at Whole Foods this morning and was thinking about the post you made regarding LD's hot chili pesticides so I grabbed a bunch of thai chilis and habaneros. You think I should stick to foliar for that concoction or would a soil soak be fine as well?

2. Soil soak is A-OK.  LD often recommended it for fungus gnats.  If you do the fermented one (which takes longer) you might want to hit your soil and plants a few days later with an AACT to firmly re-establish beneficial aerobic colonies

Crazy to me that something like hot chills can be an instant kill when things like imid (found in Bayer pesticide) can end up being ineffective in the long run. And that's actual poison. In that icmag thread most people were ranting about how the imid ended up killing the root aphids but then they came back. Worth the cost of your plants processing all the chemicals in pesticide? Hell no. These things are extremely resilient though, so I'm curious to see if I can capture one, spray it with the hot chili concoction, and witness the effect for myself.

4. I am very sad to say that the grow room is empty and the lights are off. I can't try to fight these things, they will win in the long run if I don't completely overhaul, clean and burn sulphur in the grow room and bleach everything. All the girls are outside now. I will continue to force the current flowering plants to flower by bringing them in before the actual sunset.

They win this round  :cry:  :mad:

I'll be back....

5. That's a major bummer dude!! By overhaul, do you mean the soil and everything? They are goin crazy in my room all of the sudden too. Back in full-swing... little fuckers....

6. Sorry to hear it bro.  Good luck with the cleaning and overhaul...... maybe start working on that chili, garlic, cilantro FPE now, so it's ready by the next time you need it (if you do).  Fail to plan, plan to fail, my dad would say lol.  Keep us updated on the girls still!

7. Yeah. And even though I have tons of strains that I love, I can't take any cuts. Not worth the risk. All the organic matter that was in the room is now outside.

I will spray down the room with bleach water, clean it throughly, maybe Raid bomb it, burn sulphur, clean all my lights and everything. All new pots, new soil. I probably am going to use EWC, that Malibu compost, perlite and Sunshine Mix and top dress with amendments so I don't have to cycle my soil. I don't want the ones that are flying around outside to get into my new soil.

A friend is rooting cuts for me, so I have 2 weeks to turn the grow room upside down and make sure it's totally clean before I officially start over. 

I will keep this thread updated with the outdoor plants.

8. Hey, blackwolf. Sorry to hear you lost the battle. Those buggers can be a serious pain. Diatomacious earth and letting the soil dry out did it forme. Come out swinging, man. Good luck.