First grow - my setup

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by Da-Lu, Feb 25, 2014.

1. i planted a WW in my 5g rdwc yesterday & it seems like the dam thing doubled in size over night!( might be a slight exageration) by not far off!!! yeehaa
    i've been trying to post pics up on Ironheads thread to no avail ,everything i try tells me "ERROR" any suggestions!!!! seems like everyone else has no problems but I cant do it to save my life. I am NOT tech savy at all!!!lol

2. #82 Da-Lu, Apr 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2014
    Canadian- Well I get 24 hours off in the middle of my hitch when we switch from nights to days. So I always go home on my 24 off. Before I leave I'd adjust my pH to 5.3-5.4 and when I get back its usually around 6.4-6.6, ppm always stayed pretty good never had a spike or drastic decrease.

Also lately I've been leaving water ph'ed to about 4.9-5.0 in the top resevoir. This seems to help keep the ph in check. Every time the controller gets low it's being topped off slightly with low ph'ed water, helping the ph from rising too drastically. At least that's what I think.

3. #83 Da-Lu, Apr 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2014
    Magic - Try posting them here! Maybe the picture is the wrong format or to big?

I just put 3 cracked WW beans in rapid rooter plugs under 4 4' t5's. Only 3/4 germed! wtf first seed that didn't germinate for me.

4. #84 Magic M, Apr 16, 2014
    Buddy I have tried EVERYTHING! emailing my pics to myself,cut & paste, set up a photobucket acct, got one pic to show up there but cant get it to move to this site. I have had a bunch of suggestions but nothing seems to work! when i plug my phone into my laptop it charges my phone but tells me that there is no "driver"that i need to download one but when i try to download it there is an ERROR!!! now i dont know if my laptop is screwed or if its my phone but i have been trying for a few days to no avail!!! I WILL keep trying but its getting old!lol
    also my computer keeps shutting itself down & then restarting, this happens several times a day so i might just bring it in to have it fixed! dont know what else to do! why 1 pic showed up on photobucket but none of the rest is beyond me! IRONHEAD told me how to transfer the pic but that dont work either! any other suggestions??? do you think that i might have a virus thats fucking with me

5. update= after many hours i have a few of my pics uploaded to photobucket... some came up as duplicates & others didnt show up @ all!! now i will figure out how to get them from the bucket to GC!!! its funny cause once i got the first couple pics iwould repeat the prosess but would not get the same results. IDK

6. #86 Da-Lu, Apr 16, 2014
    If you have a smartphone Tapatalk may work? I got it for another forum I couldn't upload pics on and it worked. I'm not sure if this site is Tapatalk friendly or not though.

Update on my system:
    I think I have the veg tent fully functional for a perpetual grow. Waterfarms are set up, heat is 80-84, 600w MH rockin', and I got a cloning system today.

PS. Stolked to get this perpetual grow going!

Attached Files:

7. http://forum.grasscity.com/advanced-growing-techniques/685546-ez-clone-experiencesand-breakthrough.html
    have you ever used a clone machine before? I built one & my 1st attempt was a huge fail! then I came across this link & my success rate went to 100%!!! once you work out the bugs they ROCK!
    I was pushed towards photobucket by another guy on here ,said it was easy but i dont understand how some of my pics go there & some dont. now that some are going it might take me a little while longer to figure out how to get them to GC, but i WILL figure it out. so far 12 pics are in the bucket but there should be 25-30!!! like i said before i am NOT tech savvy!!! i will keep trying till i figure it out
    your set up looks good, its nice to harvest once a month

8. Thanks for the link! I've never cloned but I'm sure it can't be that hard.

9. Forgot to mention what I did with the 4 waterfarms in the 3x3 veg tent. I used 4 from the 8 pack which already had holes on each side for water lines. I didn't really have space for a resevoir but wanted them all linked together. So what I did was link them all together with eater lines, no res or anything just the 4 waterfarms linked together. What I did to avoid a controller unit but still distribute ph/nutes when I do a water change is got a small 40 gph pump and put it in one of the waterfarms attached to the out tube leading to the next bucket. Plug it in for a few minutes and all the buckets are the same ph/ppm.

10. Went and got an eye hortilux 1000w yesterday. Swapped it out with the spare 600 I had to use this morning. Everything's back on track !

11. #91 Magic M, Apr 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2014
    [​IMG]
    a few of my god & widow in veg
    [​IMG]
    on deck for veg
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    shitty pic of finishing room
    [​IMG][/URL]
    i'll take more pics detailing the set up later today

12. Wow dude... Quite the setup you got going! That's a lot of lights/plants.

13. Its 10 lights all together- 2x 4 flowering+ 2 for veg , then i have my "on deck(veg)" & my rooting zone under 2x54w t5's each! more pics to follow now that I know how to post!!! 

14. Quick update:
    I waited longer last time but I decided to put the freshly sprouted WW seeds in the veg tent. I'm running the waterfarms 24/7, also added 60ppm of bioroot to see if there's any difference.

Attached Files:

15. Photo update:

Attached Files:

16. NICE lookin plants Blaze! 
    I just started a new journal the link attached to my sig 

17. Thanks man! I'm pretty happy with my first grow so far I do my research / buy top quality supplies when I do something!
    I'll have to check out your grow!

18. you know what they say ... you get what you pay for

19. Yea for sure!

Noticed one of the seedlings wasn't growing like it should be. Figured out I had the water level a bit to high, so the water was touching the bottom of the net pots. Dropped her down to about an inch below, should solve the problem.

I also switched the watering schedule back to where I had it my first grow. One hour on three hours off during lights on, one 30 min watering during lights off. I had it on 24/7 for the first day or two but figured there's no need. Why fix what ain't broke eh!?

20. Subbed too!

I also have a Top "Drip" System....i dont drip...its more like a nice steady stream...I water 1/2hr on 1/2hr off....24/7 ! and my Nutes are chilled to a cool 60 degrees and recirculated in my 5 gallon rez...
    I am into my 2nd week of FLOWER on my 1st grow! and Im now seeing a light salt residue on the hydroton!  is it ok to just flush out with R.O. water when i do a clean out?