First grow - my setup

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by Da-Lu, Feb 25, 2014.

1. Looking great for being gone 2 weeks.

Sent from my Z930L using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Thank you! I actually get 24 hours off in the middle of my 2 week hitch so I rip home for a few hours. (It's about 7 hour drive round trip from work to my house and back to work) so I do check on them once a week! On my week off I constantly check on them!

3. Have they shown sex yet?

4. I'm not at home so
    I'm not sure! Will be home Wednesday!

5. 4 of 10 were female. Chopped the males this morning. Any advice on ridding the excess roots in the ecogrower? Any bacteria that will help?

6. That's a question I'm not able to answer. I don't k kw anything about that... sorry. Maybe someone else of experience can answer that

7. Sucks only 40% are female.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Yea, oh well though. I have all feminized seeds now so don't have to worry about any more males.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Just picked up:
    3x3 SJ DR90
    600w lumatek digital ballast
    Air cooled reflector
    4x individual waterfarms
    2x waterfarm recirculating upgrades

Going to have a 600w mh and 4 waterfarms running off 1 res in the 3x3. Going to have 1000w hps and 4 waterfarms running off one res and 4 individual waterfarms in the 5x5.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Once this grow is done I'm switching to a perpetual. Start 4 plants every month.

• Like Like x 1
  11. nice set up Blaz! i have been running godbud for about 4 mnths & i got to say it's KILLER! cant even finish a J! im have been running dirt but just built my first 5g top drip,my cuttings will be ready to fill that bucket in about 10 days! im subbed cant wait to see how yours do in hydro! my god in dirt was the hardest nugs i've ever seen !!!! good luck & good growing

12. Awesome! Sounds like fun bro. Thanks for the comments! Man this 1000w hps pounds out heat. My tent is now between 82-88 is this too hot? I noticed the plants started drooping a bit but I put another fan in and it dropped the temp a bit. I also raised the nutes quite a bit but lowered them down slightly. The plants seem to be slowly perking up. I might lower the nutes a bit more tomorrow.

13. Do you have an exhaust? Personally I am in a closet. The temp was getting up to the high 90s even got up to 108 once. I now have a fan blowing directly on my hps which is 1000w also. One fan blowing in and one half in half out to blow cool air around while exhausting it at the same time. I also had to add a window a/c unit. That really helped me keep it down to 70-75 mostly 73

14. I have a 6" can fan hooked up outside the tent blowing cool through the cool tube and out the other side. I also have a 4" can fanand a small clip on fan blowing across the top of the plants. The highest the top of the plants get is 80-84 but the base of the plants I've seen up to 88-90

15. Here's an update. The room looks kinda pathetic with only 4 plants! You can see the leaves are a bit droopy on the god bud plants. I think I raised the ppm's too high but have recently dropped them back down to where they were before and the plants seem to have perked up! I also did some trimming to expose the bud sites to more light. Anyways here's the pics. First one is my kittle corner in my laundry room. Also a few pics of the big setup and my new 3x3 tent half setup.

Attached Files:

16. Awesome looking first grow brutha!   I'm in the same situation as you work-wise, 2 weeks on and 1 off.  Hope my grow goes as good as yours.  Good luck man!

17. #57 Da-Lu, Apr 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2014
    Wrong thread!

18. Here's an update:
    Today I moved my 6" fan and carbon filter from outside the tent to inside the tent. Humidity was becoming an issue (as you can tell by the droopy leaves). I also opened the two side vents, letting fresh air get sucked into the tent. The 3 god bud are staying very compact, the 1 Thai light on the other hand is tall and branches out more. I did fim the Thai lights twice, these particular god bud did not get fimmed as they were the smallest/youngest of the bunch. The god bud that did get fimmed were all males. I changed half the res yesterday. I'm running the ppm quite low in both systems.

Ecogrower - ppm 650
    Ph- 5.9
    Res temp - 74

Waterfarms - ppm 450
    Ph - 5.4
    Res temp - 74

Temps in tent are usually 77-82 I think they will drop now that the fan is inside the tent.

Attached Files:

19. #59 Da-Lu, Apr 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2014
    After working away most of the day I pretty much have the 3x3 tent finished. I just have to add the 4th waterfarm, which is in the 5x5 tent not being used but still hooked up to the main system. So I can either drain the system or wait for this grow to finish to get the last waterfarm for the veg tent. Also I couldn't fit the fan and carbon filter in the tent so it's outside blowing air through the cool tube and out the other side. I think this will be sufficient to cool the 600w mh. I'm doing a test run right now to see how hot it gets. Will post pics later!

Stolked to start harvesting every 4-5 weeks!

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1