First grow ever. Using a dwc setup

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by laztjitter, Feb 24, 2014.

1. I guess soil isn't to forgiving to him... must be a love hate relationship

Sent from my Z930L using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. adjusting soil could take a week to take in to effects, hydro = instant correction :) also instant damage, I had an accident before and spill ph down on one of the bucket, lucky for that run I had 2 buckets :) the plant looks fine for 2 days, went down on 3rd day and die on 4th day, flushing her out gave her clear water nothing helped, she was meant to be a fairly potent strain too :( and the mother of that plant been put to flower when I got the clone of a friend, raging... and reduced my yield by at least 40% :( and left with just one strain instead of 2 to swap taste whenever i like, this run my new plants aren't ready for clones so only one strain again :(

also I'm not a fan with soil due to slower uptake = slower growth, in hydro there is no break down process, everything goes straight up the roots, plant gets bigger in shorter time...

I been trying to get him to switch to bubble bucket with cost so little to switch, but he doesn't wants to, hope he gets his soil right soon :)

4. I noticed that. The lower stems from where I started in a seed starting soil starting mix are not as well as the newer leaves from the hydro. Last night when I changed the res I upped to 3/4 strength nutes still waiting to see if I may have upped it to soon

5. won't be long before you see it if anything goes wrong, act on the spot and you should be fine, well as long as you didn't burn the hell out of the roots like I did :)

6. I've noticed on one leaf tip it kind of bent up. I'm not sure what that would be as it is just one tip no discoloration though

7. does it look drying out bent up or healthy looking leaf

8. I looks like it may be a little skinnier at the tip other than that looks healthy to my knowledge

Attached Files:

9. keep an eye on the tip, if it discolor you looking at possible nute burn considering you just up the nutes, hoe old is the plant? show a full size pic as well :) can guess roughly by the size and the amount of nutes, but ppm reading the best

10. It will be 4 weeks in about 36 hours. The nutes are Humboldt nutrients, it said 2ml for the grow 2ml for the micro a 1ml for the bloom per liter so I did 3/4 that. I can't give a ppm at the moment as it has not made it here yet.

Attached Files:

11. #52 lowryderrocks, Feb 25, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2014
    I drop the nutes back to 1/4 if I were you, she is very small yet, look at my grow, before I put her in to flower, I was still on 4/5 strength, and how big she was compare to yours, I can see burn on some tips

12. The burn on the lower tips was from when it was in the soil

13. But I will deff cut back the nutes. I will change the res with straight water and should I wait a day or so to put nutes back in to flush it out

14. #55 lowryderrocks, Feb 25, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2014
    it looks like the top set on the far side has a tip going, but anyway she is too small for 3/4, should be on 1/4 for another set or 2 then up to half, what you feeding by the way

give it a day of ph balanced water if you want, but if you change it back now you should be ok, it hasn't burn yet

15. You mean what brand of nutrients

16. Humbolt nutrients... I had never heard of them or read about them but the guy at the shop said that they were a great brand so I listened. I'm thinking about switching to GH my next grow though. I read a lot of good things about it

17. which one of those are you using, there are many base nutes and additives

18. Easiest way I'll just show a pic of them as I know nothing about them.

Attached Files: