First grow ever. Using a dwc setup

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by laztjitter, Feb 24, 2014.

1. hey gold, thanks for the advice. I'll give that a shot when I able to get back to the grow area.

Sent from my Z930L using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Well got home from a weekend at the in laws see my plant has about a gallon and a half left in res so I just went on and dumped that and put 3/4 strength nutes and 1/2 strength koolbloom. Brought my ppm up to 768. PH set at 5.9. Now for a few pics.

Attached Files:

3. Looking good laztjitter :)

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. At 5th week you suppose to be on full bloom nutes and cut back down again from 6th on get ready to flush, depends on the strain how long she needa to flower, you can estimate the time frame left by the trichcomes status, she is looking good, should be time for her to fatten up real soon, give her a boost then flush her near end of 7th week if trichs are mostly milky, chop her when trichs are 50% amber you get a nice crop :)

I should start my thread soon, 2 auto's and a feminized G13 have popped out of the coco and looking up for light this morning. After lots of messing with the the autos to help them pop, g13 grew from seed as all other seeds normally starts, the autos didnt, one grew normally, one didnt sprout, one rot itself after sprout, 3 sprouted backward, root was stuck inside hard shell while leafs growing bigger, one of the auto you will see when i put up the thread, has only one seedling leaf, reason of that, she is one of the seed that couldnt grow roots stuck in the shell, i removed the shell one all 3 of them, this one i broke the leaf accidently, but root took off then she popped :) the other 2 just kept growing the leafs with very luttle growth on root, they still alive, im nit giving up on any of them :) till they show definite death :) so if they takr off in a week, means the g13 will be veg for fairly long time :) looking like upto 12weeks then in to 12/12 for a big flowering girl... Shes gonna be huge :)

5. Well she hasn't really liked a high strength nutes till here recently (at least from what I was able to tell with out meter). But ppm stayed spot on 768 from last night and also drank 1/8 gallon. Got some weird growth going on on the main cola, I'll post a pic in minute.

Man seems like you are having a little bit of a rough time starting this one out, all will be well though... the G13 is a def try on my strain list. Just read its a tedious strain to grow. I really need to go get a loupe. I can see that I have a lot of clear and milky trichs. I just can't tell the ratio by plain eye sight. I have perfect vision but that shit is just to damn small and a strain on eyes.

6. Eh can't get a good pic right now.

Attached Files:

7. Get a 40x magnifying glass, thats what i use, i can even take pics of the trichs with that and my phone together :)

Yea it has been a rough start but hopefully these stablizes, i knew some aint gonna make it thats why i threw all 7 seeds in at the end hoping i would get 4 going at least, since i have only 4 pumps and buckets, g13 is going in the new bucket, which looks about 10 to 15 liter bigger, she needs a bigger bucket than the rest since she be 20+ weeks total life time when done flowering

8. Man I'd love to grow a monster like that. I just have to wait to move and have a bigger space. I'm looking for a place with a basement. but so far every one that I have found either floods or is more of a cellar with only outside access.

9. Hey Laz,
    Im just germing some G13's now , started a new thread, you should check it out

10. Little late on the update. Had to drop my ppm earlier today. Went from 768 down a little then up a little over 800 and had a little curling tips. Took about 3/8 gallon soup out and diluted it down to 700, now ppm is sitting right at 680 and water level dropping also. PH is at 5.9 still. Buds are getting fatter also. Still haven't been able to look at trichs but I have a lot of pistols browning in the lower area. Main cola decided to have a random grow spurt, not quite sure why though. May be normal and just new to me, any insight on this?

Attached Files:

11. Also made a little ghetto hood for the tube lights I'll be using in a few days to start my widow seedlings.

Attached Files:

12. I get most of my growth in the last 2 wks. they basically triple in size in that time! I will take some pics tomorrow of the girls @ 4 weeks and compare them to the ones that i just took down, you would never guess they could grow that much in 1 month!!!I will post them on my link so you can see the difference

13. Lights on. She drank 1/8 gallon water. Ppm down from 680-642 (after adding 1/8 gallon h2o). All tops are getting huge and fat, it may be about time to time them up.

14. Lights on, ppm down from 640-529. PH at 5.9. Pistols are turning at a quick rate. Now time for a few pics, first one is of the top of cola. Is that normal?

Attached Files:

15. Got my net cups, 2 3" and 2 6" cups, and hydroton to go on and start my next seeds today :) here in a few minutes I'll be prepping my ww for germing then heading to Walmart to pick up a few totes. Can't wait to get this one started! Plan on starting ww and cloning it to get a pretty good batch going. I'll also probably be starting a new thread in the hydro journal for this one.

Attached Files:

16. Attached Files:

17. when is the harvest????

18. #460 lowryderrocks, Apr 25, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2014
    10 days :) painfully slow 10 days :)

my bulb died yesterday, got a Sylvania 600W Grolux Dual Spectrum, all going well now, after few hours of work, all 3 seedling gone in to their bucket... a lot of typing to do starting a journal, I leave it to another day :) feeling lazy now.... 

Attached Files: