First grow ever. Using a dwc setup

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by laztjitter, Feb 24, 2014.

1. thanks. I'll be sure to keep this updated.

Sent from my Z930L using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. You better!

3. looking good there, what air pump are you using? I find that the more bubbles you have the better the root grows, noticed that since I brought my air pump from 300l/h to 720l/h

you can check out my grow in my signature, its bubble bucket, I wasn't as fast on growing when i started, only joined forum since 4 weeks in so my second grow came bubble bucket :) that was 4 years ago :)

4. I've got one from my local shop that runs my dripper and I wanted a more oxygenated red so I picked one up at Walmart that I'm running 2 air stones with.

5. Res not red... stupid auto correct

6. do you know how much air it is pumping per hour? and what size is your res?

7. The one from my local shop is an eco air and it pumps 1.8l per min and the one from Walmart is a aqua culture and it pumps 1200cc per minute. Its in a 5 gallon res which I have 4 gallons in since I have the 10in net pot

8. 1200cc thats 1.2 liter per minute, thats 180liter per hour total, its a little on the low side to my liking, I am using 4 gal bucket with 3 gal water nutes solution, and I'm running 2 single outlet pumps + a dual outlets pump which came to 720liter per hour with 4 airstone, and trust me it made a very noticeable difference since the 3rd pump was added, even at 300liter per hour it didn't seems so promising to me, but everything else also takes in to accounts for the plants overall growth

9. Im doing my first hydro indoors anyway and will follow along.

I wish I can run 3000w that would grow some monster plants :D

11. Nice, once I'm done with this grow I will be adding more things and doing upgrades with my equipment. I would like to get a bigger air pump though. The guy at the shop said that the one pump would be all I need but from what you say and the many things I've read the more bubbles the happier they will be

12. I have a 1000watt that I can't use right now due to little space, way to much heat that I couldn't control. So I'm looming for a 400 watt

13. yep you need a lot of bubbles, imagine you went diving and you were giving 1.8liter of air per minute, you not going to be moving very fast would you :D

14. I suppose I'll just go on and get a bigger pump or just a few more, which ever is available lol

15. I have one light off right now to save power, plus pulled 5 male out of the flower room but have some fem plants coming on..

man that sux,I hate to even see one let alone 5, reason I been starting from clones, while doing that I can sex the new plants for mother :) I better move on to your thread before we hijack this one :)

17. I have no idea what its like to have a male but I imagine its got to be a real bummer. If I mine turns out to be a male ill probably be disapointed but still on the positive side about it cause I made it that far with a system not advised for beginners

18. to be honest I find it much easier to manage than soil, and you should be positive and proud, a friend of mine been running soil for 3 years and he's still killing plants just couple months ago  :D LOL

19. That's what I thought reading about it all.. with soil yeah it may be more forgiving but there was just a lot to it that I just didn't get. With this route yeah it may be more maintenance but I will pretty much know exactly what's going on. Besides I love spending taking the time to take care of my plant.