Share your Old Growers Tricks

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by Antiqatoke, Feb 24, 2014.

1. #61 d3thk0r3, Jul 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2014
    No need for neem oil and all those sprays.. Just plant a bit of Basil and Dill in the same pots as your herb.. Basil is a natural fly repellant (whiteflies all the way to your common house fly, and even thrips), while Dill repels the aphids and spider mites.

Don't look for something to remove it, look for something to repel it.

2. Ive been using azamax and it works for a lilbit then comes back .. igonna have to try your trick thanks bro

Herb is natural not criminal.
    Alcohol kills marijuana heals

3. Carnivorous plants are a great alternative to mosquito dunks, and sprays for stuff like fungus gnats and thrips. Sundews grow well in a small pot in with your plant/s, utilising the same quality mix of soil you use. Adelea spear leaf are the ones I use. They don't need a dormancy period either as I believe they are from africa.

4. Cultivate and feed the micro life and anything you put into it to grow will be golden! :metal:

5. Start your plants outside in the fall (northern hemisphere) and note how many hours of light there are when the plants start to flower. Turn the earliest starter into your mother and take clones of her. Now, if they flowered at 14 hours of daylight outdoors, you flower the clones indoors for 14 hours of light instead of 12. You can be sure that both your yields and your power bill will increase substantially. lol

6. Heres a sucky old school method starting seed with wet paper towel some will die but it works

Sent from my LGL86C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. Here's one: You can prolong the life of a cutting/cuttings for weeks by wrapping them in a damp paper towel seal them in a zip lock bag with a little air and into the refrigerator. As long as the paper towel doesn't dry out or freeze they live a long time an ice chest works too as long as the baggies dont touch the ice.  It works.

8. This is how I establish roots on my seedlings and young plants.:I'm big on establishing massive root systems and established root systems mean bigger buds..so what I do is pop my seeds in 3 inch biodegradable cardboard cups. I let them pop up about 3 inches and put each seedling in a gallon container with only 3 inches of soil in it ..the roots pop right of the cup and go right into the soil ..now I raise my my light a little farther and let the seedlings stretch and as they stretch I add soil around the stem and keep adding soil until the gallon container is full of soil .so what u end up with is a 10 inch plant that is 4 inches out of a gallon container and a stem that was slowly buried which ends up rooting out

Sent from my HTC One using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. I do the same type of thing with seedlings in a solo cup.

10. That sounds killer. I might have to give this a try on my next cycle.

11. I've seen a guy with a massive tomato plant cut a 2 liter bottle almost in half long ways and wrap it around a larger side branch filled with soil (he duct taped it so light wouldn't get in )..so imagine a side branch with a 2 liter bottle of soil feeding it as well as the main stem feeding that branch as well and within 10 days u have a plant with well established roots that u chop off that needs one transplant that's ready to flower ....or imagine this a massive kush plant with 2 2liter bottles filled with soil giving the plant extra nutes and bigger buds..I saw the video on YouTube ..gonna see if I can find it

Sent from my HTC One using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. #72 mafiatic602, Oct 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2014
  13. Didn't work. What do we search for on youtube?

14. That's the original post

15. #76 mafiatic602, Oct 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2014
    Search YouTube: rooting tomatoes clones/ suckers a clever way

16. You can use toilet paper rolls as well.

17. I too am extremely intrigued by this. I found two seeds in some fire unknown last night and dropped them in a germination pellet. If they sprout, I'm trying this. Especially since I can't think of any negative risks associated with technique. What could it hurt to try it?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

18. Correct wording for this is "air propagating " and you can Google search it ,they sell capsules that pop around the branch that you fill up with soil for pretty cheap as well with a little searching on the net

19. I just googled it and holy hell! I feel so enlightened! Damn, I love these forums.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum