So called sneaker heads. Love em or hate em

Discussion in 'Fashion & Lifestyle Trends' started by muteone1, Feb 24, 2014.

1. Yeah, not really my style personally. My two pairs of shoes are over a year old. Somewhat worn out but still work just fine. The idea of waiting outside a store for hours for a pair of hundred+ dollar shoes is lost on me. More power to those people for being willing to drop that kind of cash on footwear.

2. I have a LOT of shoes, but I wear them. Yes they get cleaned, but I also get most of them muddy. I have 5 pairs of Smart shoes for work, going out Etc. I have a pair of LeBron's for when I play basketball, I have 2 pairs of Asics for running, a few pairs of shoes just for working out and crap, a couple pairs for just general stuff out in the garden, some hiking boots, some army boots for when I airsoft, driving shoes for go-karting and track days, a few pairs of skate shoes for mountain biking, and 3 different pairs of smart trainers for if I want to go out but not be over dressed, although I'm in a suit 50% of the time when I'm out. I also have 3 different types of laces in pretty much every colour because I like being colour co-ordinated. If you trod on my shoes, I'd just be annoyed you weren't watching where you were going, but I'm British so I wouldn't say anything, we're to polite, I'd just tut at you :p

3. I bought 2 pairs of shoes and 2 pairs of sandals after a year of not buying any (and 2 years prior to that). I think shoes admire my favorite part of fashion, but it's also an essential part of living, yes why not have multiple pairs, but why make it more expensive for new styles? And ridiculously over priced. I really do think that things that we need to live ought to be super cheap.

4. at the same time though, it is greed in essence. You may say that's the way society is, but are YOU to be a slave to it? It takes a lot to look beyond the confines of capitalism/materialism, and its really an easy game to win with a certain amount of capital and the right mindset as you have pointed out. But go beyond the shallow nature of it, keep asking what else, what more, what's the next level? Making bank, fucking all the girls you want, it's not everything it's cracked up to be.

5. We all have things that make us feel good and it's okay to splurge every now and again. It's not okay to buy every new pair of sneakers and complain about not having a car or food to eat. I go to an HBCU and I see this all the time. Fly as can be but knocking on my door with the munchies??? No way. As I've grown older I tend to support brands that actually give back. Jordan is one of the newer billionaires in the world and I don't quite remember the last time he gave back to a community I was in.

6. Everyone has their objects that they treasure most. Some its sneakers, some its video games, cars, hats, etc. Let them spend their money. If they're a help to society, they'll learn sooner or later when to stop. I like looking at "cool" looking shoes all the time. Its a sign of "status" I guess. I'm not spending $200 on a pair though...ill buy some knockoff brand at WalMart.

everyone has a collection of something. Don't you?

7. with true sneaker heads and not hype beasts it's more than the logo or even the shoe itself. It's more about what Jordan did in the sneakers that makes them special. Not to mention some Jordans are limited and therefore hold more value. You have to understand shoes aren't just fashion items, they are also an extension of who you are as a person. the same goes for cars and cell phones and the like. Everyone has their reasons for liking what they like.

8. I agree that J's are dumb expensive. I just pick and choose my favorites. I've bought 5 pair since November (Grey-Toe 13's, Legend Blue 11's, BOB 10's, Infrared 6's, and Laser Dub-Zero's). It started with the 13's cuz I had them when I was like 6 or 7 and they were my favorite pair of sneakers. I wouldn't consider myself a sneaker head because I'm not that deep in the game but as long as you rock your kicks eventually and keep em clean I don't see why one man should bash the next on his foot wear. Y'all gotta cut them crocs out though 4real. Here's my infrared 6's.

Attached Files:

My thing is what do you know about the quality of Jordan shoes? Sure the sneakers don't cost much to make but my dude did you not see what Jordan did in some of these sneakers? Like if these were really bad sneakers then why did one of the greatest basketball players ever wear them even when he was fined for doing so? Sure the quality of the shoes aren't what they were back in the day and NBA players get enhanced materials for their shoes, but yo Jordan wore these shoes on the court. Why am I crazy for wanting to wear them on the street? #StopIt

10. All sneaker heads don't wear the same thing because real sneaker heads obtain sneakers when only 500 pair were made and a fraction of that is worn. Look at your cell phone and tell me there aren't a million other people with the same phone as you. The individuality doesn't come from the sneaker it comes from the sneaker head. They are just as human as you sir cast stones a lot.

11. General Post for the thread. Not all sneaker heads like Jordans.

12. I feel you in a sense but also its a hobby just like anything else, they get mad when you step on their jordans because they have probably been wanting them and have finally got their hands on them.... Its kind of like if smoking is your hobby and someone came and stepped on your bong..

13. #73 Madeenz, Mar 31, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2015
    I think it's lame quite honestly. Just because you go and buy an overpriced sneaker as soon as it comes out doesn't mean you have style. If you own a few pairs of Jordan's and can rock more formal shoes then yes that's sexy! But if you're obsessed with having as many Jordan's as possible then no

Personally I think it's really sexy when a guy can dress well, and not like a boy. It is super sexy when a guy is confident in his style without being too obsessed.

Ugh something about a man dressed well just brings out this animalistic sex craved stuff in us women haha

14. I don't consider myself at all a sneaker head, I don't worship Jordan's either, honestly I think almost all of them are ugly in my opinion. I usually rock just a pair or two until they start falling apart, I'm usually a little picky about my shoes since I have to wear them all day everyday practically.

Just copped a dope pair of N7's this week, definitely gonna try and keep em clean! ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1430688028.226471.jpg

Wraaaap the night around me, blanket of black on my back, I feel safe in the darkness...

15. Yeah. Fuck those tool bags

16. I have 2 pairs of Jordan's but I wear them all the time and One of them is dirty as hell it's not all people with Jordan's just people who don't want their shoes getting dirty which is too big of a responsibility for me since I don't really care if they get dirty and I can just clean them. X

17. Of course there are shoe fetishists out there. People who collect shoes, shoe prints, drink champagne from ladies shoes, sniffers and even weirder types. And guys who simply like ladies shoes for what they once contained.

18. As Joe Rogan said in his 2006 special: "buuuuuut I need a pair of sneakers, aaaaaand I don't know how to make sneakers sooooo, I'm probably gonna just go ahead and get 'em".

19. I love my Js, don't really care what people say about it. We all do something other people are going to call a waste of money or dumb.
    I'd collect more if I had more money

20. I own quite a few pairs of Jordan's, Lebrons, Foamposites, spurrys, KD's, Tims, Bo jacksons, and etc. now be real ppl if u spent and arm and a leg on your shoes why would u want someone to step on them. If u wear something u cherish to the club your asking for trouble.