So called sneaker heads. Love em or hate em

Discussion in 'Fashion & Lifestyle Trends' started by muteone1, Feb 24, 2014.

1. Most pairs of Jordans I've seen are butt ugly,the one pair I actually tried on were so uncomfortable I couldn't imagine them being useful for anything. Too clunky to run in, too stiff to want to wear for long periods,way too expensive. I don't get the appeal.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Well.. I have a small shoe collection. Jordans never impressed me but I do have white ostrich filling pieces and such.
    I find rotating my shoes and cleaning them every so often keeps them looking new

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. Are nike Air Force ones hard to come by?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. Sometimes I wear Jordan's in my own home, so I could imagine people looking at them in public... And I don't get them dirty

5. Sneaker heads are idiots that try to be individuals all wearing the same things. And theyre slaves to brands without realizing it. Nike does tho LOL thats they charge so much. And they still flock to the stores like mindless drones...especially black people. Mannn, what happend to my people. We usto be so righteous and dignified with our own self respect . Now we' re copies of a copy of a copy. And get mad when we get stereotyped by whites etc.

Sent from my SM-G730V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. It's a hobby for some. Don't knock collectors just because you don't share their passion. Yes they're getting shafted by the company they're supporting but aren't we all? You guys think jordans are crazy priced? Try walking into a Nordstroms and check out some of those heels and boots these women buy. Now THAT is rape.

7. If I was rich I would be a sneaker head, but I just can't afford it. I would have a closet full of Nike Air Max's and a couple of the early Jordans that I had when I was a kid.. And I would definitely have a few Bo Jackson Cross Trainers.. 

8. #48 TimothyTheFirst, Jul 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2014
    why do you care?  we all have hobbies/interests that other people don't like.  doesn't affect you any.

I think anyone who's so hateful about the way someone else spends their time or money is really just unsatisfied with their own life.  

9. Yeah, who really gives a fuck right?

dilligaf

10. It's not always about the brand/price. I have shows that are 20$ and I have shoes that are 200$ and right now I'm thinking about saving up 450$ on some Givenchy all red sneakers.

If I'm trying to like fresh I'll throw on my Js because they do make the outfit better

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1407281580.694180.jpg

No other shoes I own would look this good with what I'm wearing.

They could be an investment...Kanye West' Air Yeezys sell for thousands on second hand stores.

11. The nicest shoes I ever bought were $60 vans 😂 I just don't care for shoes that much but I needed to buy dress shoes and needed something for good grip when I long board so I just bought vans a few years back lol I even bought them in a size higher than I am so I can have them for a longer time haha.

12. i wouldnt call myself a sneakerhead, but i love sneakers. i used to have an obsession but never owned more than 5 pairs at a time (i knew people who had more...). if i paid $200 for shoes i probably wouldn't even wear them. but that's just me. i don't like jordans or nikes at all though. DC and Globe are my main brands.

i mean, i'm not going to begrudge anyone their hobby, but sometimes i don't get it. maybe part of me wishes i could afford $200 sneakers and i'm a little jelly lol. i'll own up to it ha.

13. I don't mind sneakerheads but if their priorities aren't right and they're spending more money on shoes instead of taking care of their child, bills, etc than that's messed up.

I can't help but laugh at someone who has a collection worth thousands but no car.

14. I've sold shoes to NBA players. I'm not in it for the sneakers I'm in it for the money.... The shoes come and go....

15. I myself am a massive sneakerhead and it was one of the most empowering lifestyle choices I've made this far. Here's why.

The fact that these shoes are worth so much money is something you can take advantage or be slave to. Do you notice how although they're $150-300, a lot of them sell out in minutes? Once that happens, good luck getting them for the retail price nevermind the manufacturer price. I've bought countless pairs that I sold next day on eBay for $100 profit (as much as $400 once). Or better, some you can wear a few times, sell, and still make money on. So it starts to be like selling weed, or concert tickets. Except better because these things will hold their value indefinitely. They don't get used up or become suddenly worthless.

Just like any business, as it starts to grow I could handle more and more and more shoes at a time, and now I've got 40 pairs for sale on my eBay page. I'm making fucking BANK as a 19 year old. I'm talking an extra $10,000 a year just for a hobby. And as these shoes sit here I get to wear a $500 fashion statement every day. Just like some people bodybuild to feel better about themselves, or build things, some people like to look good. And Jordan's look good as hell, especially when you match them with an outfit. And yes, it has gotten me girls before. I also get a ton of respect from adults who recognize my entrepreneurship skills, and that kind of business expertise is wildly applicable in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

16. I'm definitely a sneaker head, but I'm far from worshipping Jordan's. I love the sneaker head culture and I used to buy, sell, and trade shoes....but a lot of of sneaker heads are self absorbed morons.

"Animal Smoke"

17. Pffffffttt niggaz I rock Jay's and I smoke more then your entire outfit is worth....

Stratosphere Status 
    HiiiiiiP0WERRRRRRRRRRR

18. Now that I've started working and earning my own $$$ I've grown into the sneakerhead culture. I'm not into the typical sneakers though, I dislike Nike/Jordan/reebok ect ect. The only brands I'm into are PUMA/New balance & a couple asics..
    I love my shoes.. One can look really good when matching their outfit with some sneakers :)

PS: we should get a sneakerhead topic going!!

Sent from my C2105 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

19. Vans
    Nike Air Max
    Adidas shell tops
    New Balence

..are a few that Im interested in. I own a few pair of Jordans that my friend got for me because he works at a shoe store. I only cop stuff that I like or feels comfortable.

20. #60 invinciblejets, Sep 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2014
    I love shoes would probably collect em if my money wasn't always sunk into cars
    Surpas and nike sb are my shit

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Grasscity Forum..grabba dabba goo