So called sneaker heads. Love em or hate em

Discussion in 'Fashion & Lifestyle Trends' started by muteone1, Feb 24, 2014.

1. I see it as the same reason people buy lots of different pipes nd bongs. If ur gonna use something everyday you might as well drop some decent money on them so theyre comfortable nd look good.

2. hey each to their own, every one has their fetish.

but personally I could never buy a pair of shoes I didn't intend to wear... il never buy ANYTHING I don't intend to actually get use out of... 

3. I respect sneaker heads. It takes time and effort to look good... not everybody can do it. I rather be with a sneakerhead then a dude wearin some dirty ass rant over Vans. I'm sure sneaker heads look at stoners buying bongs priced for the same as their J's thinking "why would anyone spend so much on shit they have to hide 75% of the time and will most likely break at some point if you're not hella careful?"

We all spend our money on stuff that makes us happy. It's so crazy to me people complain or get annoyed at the shit other people do with their own time and money.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. If they actually use them then thats not nearly as annoying. Usually they tuck em away like some kind of damn trophy or something.

5. Not as annoying as it is simply illogical. Paying hundreds of dollars for a product that is produced for cents on the dollar. People say they buy em cuz they look so "fly" is a lie. They buy them for the logo and bragging rights. Most of the designs are hideous and the shoes are no more comfortable than $20 payless shoes thar probable produced in the same sweat shop (minus the ever so important logo).

6. I feel like that's the same as saying it's illogical to get a Lexus when you can pay less and get a Toyota. Or it's illogical to shop at Victoria's Secret when Walmart sells bras and panties for way cheaper. Some people want the finer things in life. Is that so bad??

Also, in your opinion the designs are hideous and yea, a majority of people will flip if they get a lick of dirt on their J's but they are supposed to be a basketball shoe, running up and down the court. I'm pretty sure J's would hold up way better, as far as wear and tear way better, and help more with performance then a Payless shoe that looks the same minus the logo.

7. A luxuary car (lexus) has features that a stock car (toyota) or plain jane automobile does not have so that argument is invalid.
    The Victoria vs Wal Mart comparrison only strengthens my argument. The fabrics the same, produced in same sweat shop, designs the same, and they function in the same way. Only diffrence is the price and the cute, little, pink stripped shopping bag you walk out of the over perfumed, shopping mall store with.
    Price does not correlate with quality a significant amount of the time depending on the goods you are consuming.

8. #28 TokenBG, Mar 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2014
    Hey, you admitted the bag was cute :)

9. Nikes NIGGUH

10. "Stop liking what I don't like"

I bet this dude wears snow boots in the summer with grocery bag linings.

I will drop an obscene amount of money on my clothes and I don't care if they are made from the blood, sweat and desperation of some poor child worker in India or woven from some vegan bitches armpit hair in Colorado. I am willing to spend money on clothes I genuinely enjoy. When anyone buys clothes they are looking for something that they can be comfortable and confident in and some people are willing a shell out more than others to get that. It doesn't matter if I'm in some $1000 Rick Owens and you're in some $20 vans we both bought our shit for the same reason so why judge.

And as far as "Paying hundreds of dollars for a product that is produced for cents on the dollar".

I can think of something else that that is produced for cents on the dollar an I bet just about everyone on this forum has spent hundreds of dollars on it...

11. If buying over priced clothes gives you the illusion of comfort or confidence then you have far greater issues to resolve before tackeling you depressed economically understanding.

12. I have a sneaker head friend. I think the idea and history about the shoes is pretty cool. Some shoes look pretty cool too. But the pricing is outrages. Some go for 500+. That's say too much for a pair of shoes. But if one wants to spend their life savings on shoes go ahead.

13. It's not about the cost or who makes the clothes you wear it's about wearing clothes you're comfortable in. That's my point. I'm not even going to address the latter half of your comment because I have no idea what you're trying to say.

What exactly do you consider before purchasing clothing?

14. Functionality

15. Do you wear women's clothing too? If not why? A shirt is a shirt and it serves the same purpose which is to cover you. Would you feel uncomfortable walking around in women's clothing if it served your purpose of being functional?

16. In short, yes.

17. Why don't you elaborate? Do you carry a purse? They are far more functional than the other options we, as men, have.

18. You can make a glass pipe for cents. Then sell it for 45 bucks but you can also buy a manufactured pipe for 5 bucks and guess what? YOU STILL SMOKE WEED!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

19. Okay. First off Jordans are like 120 new. Nikes are like 200 and I can almost guarantee those Nikes are comfortable. Now I'm not saying I'm a sneakerhead. I abuse the shit out of shoes. I get a new pair once a year.

Honestly we all have something we value. I love jeans. I will easily spend 200 bucks on some jeans that are good. Now I'm not gonna wear those jeans in the middle of a rainstorm.

We all got shit we buy and rarely use. Don't try to act innocent. Some people like sneakers some people like hats and some people like video games. To each his own.

Look at it this way. We are all going to die someday so why the fuck does it matter what happens to our money or what we have?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

20. IMHO it just goes along with collecting any other name brand article merch. Ego driven.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Grasscity Forum mobile app