Need help on my grow room, Any advice is appreciated

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Dubclub, Feb 23, 2014.

1. Ok ive been around grow rooms before, and figured id try my luck these plants originated from seeds about 2 months ago,(seem very small) Ive gone through numberous distractions like lights breaking, no thermo,too many plants, etc. Any advice is much appreciate thanks guys :) StayHigh 

Attached Files:

2. \tCFL Compact Fluorescent Flood LightThat's different. I like the look.  Next time, I might just do that.

Why does your 2 month old plant look small, any ideas? Too many lights maybe, for such a young-ling?

My advice, and trust me... this is my first time around growing inside and I'll tell ya my #1 mistake  -  NOT PLANNING MY GROW CLOSET TO ACCEPT THE DARK STAGE OF 12/12!!!!

Make sure your "grow" room --- with all that light action going on --- can also be your "dark room" without any, or very few modifications. Right now I have to move my 1(one) plant from point 'a' (12 hours of light) to point 'b' (12 hours of darkness) because my closet, no matter what I did, wasn't going to be dark enough. Thankfully I only have one plant. Could you imagine if I had 2 or 3 or more?

My #2 mistake was.......

.....was

hmmm, I think that was it, but still - mistake #1 is pretty major for me. Can't use a timer... I already thought about it. It's useless when you have to move the plant. just sayin'

don't forget drainage... when you water your plants make sure you water until water is running out of that blue container you have her in. I drilled holes in the bottom of a 5 gallon bucket (but then again, I just stick to the 24 ounces of water every other day)

Good luck
    ;-)

3. #3 Dubclub, Feb 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2014
    Thanks for the comment ! I originally only had the one big light on them in a much tighter area and I recently moved them into this larger "room" and wasn't sure about how that affected the plants, I wasn't sure if it was too much light and when I shut off the lights its completely dark in there & theres abunch of drainage holes in the containers,
    any idea about the dying leaves ? the others are nice and healthy and so is the stem I don't get it

4. Well, it sounds like you covered all the basic steps (unlike me....) and I'm guessing you should be fine. You have a fan for ventilation, the right lights, and complete darkness when the time comes. From here, it's just the waiting part. Do you only have the one plant and if so, why not more? It seems like you have adequate space for more. Unless I overlooked it in your photos....

5. #5 MJsGirl, Feb 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2014
    I forgot to add this.. about your last photo of the yellow leaf  -  that's a temp thing or maybe the lights were too close or you had too many lights. But since you adjusted the lighting, I'm thinking your plant will start getting greener.

Do you have a thermometer?
    IMO, baby seedlings are just that "big babies" and like to have everything perfect or they'll start crying!!
    LOL

My brother keeps telling me "it's just a weed, a hearty weed that'll grow under almost any condition"

I agree but when they're babies, it's not the case.

:)

6. Getting a thermometer asap. but I had 4 plants and 2 died and but there are two different plants there

7. Ahhh yes, a thermometer? I'm glad to read your ASAP part. :)  Death of a marijuana plant, at any size, is a sad and frustrating thing... I started off with high hopes and ended up with one . . . but I'll keep workin' it. At least you have 2, that's a good thing - one for back up anyway. I'm sure they'll be fine.

here's something  -  check out this guy and his "from seed in two weeks" plant  -  and I ask myself "why am I not doing what this guy is doing??"  -  I need my head checked or something.

http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-medical-marijuana-growing/1284991-first-grow-blue-dream-2-weeks-cfl.html

I gotta go pop some popcorn now... I have the munchies. I'll TTYL

:smoke:

8. ok, no pop corn for me.... I guess I ate the last bag and forgot.

About that other post, on the other side of the city, I made a comment about too many chemicals involved... I guess that's why I usually start from seeds, the natural way. I have to investigate and read more about other methods.

9. My advice is to toss them in the garbage and plant some new seeds. Even if they did recover it's still not going to he a great harvest. The way the plant is treated from when it sprouts can change your harvest easily. I'm not saying you mistreated your plants but something somewhere went way wrong. They should be 2 or 3 feet around ready to flower by now. It would be easier, faster and more rewarding to just start over.

I agree, they can start new seedlings that will pass those up in 2 weeks.

11. haha already beat yous to it :) got some in germination already , but as far as lighting and the fan and everything it look good im thinking of changing the two small bulbs to higher ones let me know what yall think

12. How many watts is the light you have? A 23w cfl is good for a week or two but after that i always suggest hid lighting. It costs more to set up but it more than pays for itself the first harvest. I don't think the ligts ere your problem. My guess is it's in the soil.

13. Dubclub,if you don't invest some time in reading and some money in lights,you are wasting your hopes and efforts and my patience.All your current lights are doing is keeping plants awake.

14. I agree with fart simpson. Even if you get them a bit bigger you will probably get a joints worth of weed.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

15. So what do you suggest simpson?  & I use miracle grow potting soil

16. Grow and or flower lamps that are strong enough to grow cannabis are rated 150-1000 watts. I started with about the same wattage draw as you,(I was trying to grow with 4 four foot fluorescent shop lights drawing 40 watts each). 

You need at bare minimum a 400 watt HPS or MH lamp with reflector that has a glass lens and the reflector should be connected by dryer hose to an exhaust fan to suck the heat away from the tops of the plants.
    Miracle Grow is OK,but there are better options. Light is the first thing you have to address. 

17. Maybe too much water? Ive never heard anything good come from growing in miracle-grow. And lastly my plants are all at least 3x nigger than yours with around 90watts of cfl so imo lighting aint your issue. I recommend using another soil with less additives and watering them less. Downward curling leaves usually means overwatering.

Sent from my GT-S6810P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

18. bigger* hahaha. And ive got at 85w 6400k and a 11w 2700k between 2 plants and in my main box, a 30w 6400k and 3x 11w 2700k on 1 plant. You should be fine for veg with those lights. You will need more 2700k for flowering though.

Sent from my GT-S6810P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

19. Oh and all mine were planted from seed on the 1st 1393435830747.jpg 1393435845815.jpg 1393435886882.jpg 1393435916151.jpg 1393435931068.jpg