MMJ in Florida. Lets plan early

Discussion in 'Marijuana Business and Industry' started by poorbuffalo15, Feb 21, 2014.

1. I think it's case law from 1993. I would have to check. There is one county specifically that it's really booming. Think the sheriff is a large supporter.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. I thought this vote was strictly for MMJ? I am a bit disenchanted with the MMJ crowd. It does really seem to be a disguise for recreational use from what I have seen on numerous sites. I am for full legalization but let us call it what it is. My concern is the deception to move towards full legalization. Once it goes recreational do the MMJ folks who need this become the quite voice in the room, the side show?

Anyway YES to Prop 2! I want to run a dispensary one day and get into running the security for the entire process, from the seed to the weed and to include the money plus IT security. I do not want it to turn into a glorified liquor store or pseudo head shop. 

3. If it is legal for medical use but prescribed for most anything like in CA.whats the problem with that? I think going for a Dr visit prior to engaging in anything is not so bad.

Whether you smoke for medicinal purposes or not, you still receive those medicinal benefits of the cannabis. You may not be aware of it, but you do get them. Maybe without you might get a cold more often, or stomach issues? Who knows?...

If it helps great if not-enjoy anyway. Mental wellness is just as important & nothing like some good flower to help you there in the brain dept. let's not forget....

4. I know this has nothing to do with a business plan but as youse guys are from Florida and I'm heading there in oct for a holiday. Where's the best place to score some smoke?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. Sorry, I am not a smoker. Some of our counties are like going back to 1955 with the county sheriff departments. Be-careful for sure and enjoy your visit.! 

6. With the known carcinogens in it you are more likely to get cancer from it. Why make a silly "what if" argument? Again my simple premise was, "the people just wanting to get high are using the medical marijuana patients as an excuse to access it as an intoxicant." Nothing more. It is clever but I have problems with liars. 

"the people" or "some people" ? ... that's an important difference.

yeah "some people" will always abuse the system... but there is a huge amount of people that use mj for medicinal purposes, albeit illegally today. 
    additionally who is to say that a medical user cannot use cannabis  for recreation purposes or vice versa? 

imo, having to get a script from a doctor who is all of a sudden an expert on medical mj is complete b.s. 
    but whatever brings us closer to full legalization.

8. One thing I see as a huge problem that no one seems to ever address is how do we comply with Federal tax law?  For example; as we all know, most of us pay income tax at the local, state and Federal level.  Now that the local and state governments are decriminalizing MMJ we knowhow to comply - report and pay.  However, at the Federal level, MMJ is still illegal.  Just like the IRS broke the mafia through tax-law, so can they crush any MMJ business-person.  you cannot hide nor pay tax on nor enjoy any tax benefits like deductions on ILLEGAL BEHAVIOR.

How do the people in Washington, Cali, Colorado comply with Federal tax law?  Do they simply report anyway and the Feds look the other way?  What about deductions for legitimate expenses - do they take a deduction for these or do they pay Federal tax on GROSS RECEIPTS?

Inquiring minds wnat to know!

How was the CCI seminar you went to?? Worth the money??

10. cci is ok. But they really just tell you what you already know. Good place to network a lil.

Do they help a lot with legal stuff as well? I'm looking to start a delivery business. 

12. Like another poster said, you really think Legislators will take a failed bill as the people "wanting a better marijuana bill"?  If anything it'll set us back, and probably have a bill introduced with more restrictions in the hope something passes. 

The truth is FL is nothing like Colorado and will never be anything like Colorado.  It may take over a decade for people in this state to think even the least bit like those people over there.  We're in the south.  And as such, we'll be required to take the smallest of baby steps.  Starting with ending age old myths.  Many people here truly view weed as a cancer on society.  We'll have to slowly inch those misconceptions away.

I understand your point, and I agree with a lot of it actually.  However, it's just not realistic here.  I've lived in FL my entire life.  If FL goes the way you desire, it'll be through Federal Laws; which will take a very long time...like rest of the south.

13. Don't worry. Now all you dreamers can keep saving your pennies.

14. #94 MistahWho, Nov 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2014

I'm just curious, why do you feel the need to pester people on this forum? Are we not all here for the same reasons or am I missing something? It seems to me, like your a little on the immature side and might possibly need to grow up. If you are in fact an adult, act like one and stop "trolling" these posts. 

People are entitled to their opinion, but trying to antagonize Cannabis supporters on a forum that is FOR Cannabis is uncalled for and childish. 

I will no longer acknowledge this adolescent behavior, as it is immaturity who makes our community look uneducated.

15. That's right. I don't agree with the majority so I am the troll. Seems to be the theme on this uneducated site wouldn't you say.

Draft a real bill that most people would actually benefit and I bet I would pass with ease. And think you would also get to save 20k.