MMJ in Florida. Lets plan early

Discussion in 'Marijuana Business and Industry' started by poorbuffalo15, Feb 21, 2014.

1. So, you are confident the legislators will get the message that.Floriduh voters want a better cannabis law. You sincerely believe they won't instead take it as Floriduh voters don't want cannabis policy changed?

Sincerely? :wacko:

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. #62 Green Wizard, Mar 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2014

To hell with the Florida legislature. They represent Korea War veterans.(not putting down the vets, just stating generational differences) Our saving grace in this matter is the initiative process. First spearheaded by Kim Russell, then taken over by John Morgan, PUFMM got the unthinkable done. We're voting this November on a constitional amendment without the legislature, without the governor. There is no negotiating table between the legislature and the voters in the initiative process. We're going about it this way because the legislature wouldn't advance a mmj bill out of committee.

So. We're throwing to the voters. We need over 60% yes votes to pass a constitional amendment in Florida. That's tough to do on any measure let alone a controversial one like mmj. The wording on the ballot reflects the difficulties it will take to pass such a measure by over 60% 

The wording on the ballot is vague, which is both good and bad. Good because anyone can qualify for mmj with a doctors recommedation. Bad, because the rules and regulations are yet to be determined by the Florida dept. of health. And one other sticking point, no personal grows, but again, it was thought that a personal grow clause would jeopardize our chances of securing 60% of the vote.

3. #63 poorbuffalo15, Mar 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2014
    good point.

your right fear. that's what I wanted to know. how you felt. you just have to look at the other side of the coin here. if the law makers are saying to us "hey guys we will let you vote on medical marijuana" who is going to turn that opportunity down. (at first glance)

once you read between the lines you figure out who really is all behind this and the evil intentions they bring under the table.

free aint free.

4. where does it suggest that there will be no personal grows in florida?

Check it out on United for care's website.

Instead of talking about mmj business strategies, let's talk about what we all really want. Let's legalize it in Florida. Copy and paste the Colorado law onto our own and get a petition going to make the ballot for 2016.

6. As much as I would love Colorado's system, I dont think Florida could possibly accept it by 2016, itll be hard enough to get the 60% for no personal grow medical. Full on recreational like Colorado? 2020 at the Earliest.

Medical is still an uphill battle, I personally think we will pull it off in November, but it will be a close one.

There just isnt enough support in Florida for a recreational system. Yet.

7. Something we could probably get on the 2016 ballot though, an ammendment to 2, that allows home grows, and caregiver grows

8. When they see how much money they are making your really think that is going to happen.

9. Hope it passes my father has terrible neuropathy in his legs from diabetes and other pain issues from tons of surgeries and other things.  He say's that mmj helps his pain but makes it almost impossible for him to walk.  I'm hoping a high cbd low thc strain could help him out.  

10. Even if it passes the sheer wave of people needing/wanting to use mmj is much more then Florida Leg will admit.  Regardless of how much the state will or will not admit numbers don't lie.  

Our FL waiting list has tripled since Jan 2014. www.cannalabs.co  November will be a very interesting month, it may pass stranger things have happen in FL in short periods of time.

11. no personal grows........we just need to decriminalize it. legalize it. that's it. its gonna take a while. id say another decade.

12. I have been trying to start a business in Denver Colorado, and take it from me - it's tough, and so expensive. The licensing fees alone can bankrupt you. But keep pitching your ideas. There are tons of investors out there hot to fork over their money to be in the marijuana business. I have residences in Colorado and in Florida, so I have been watching the progress closely. The laws in Florida are more restrictive, allowing for only state sanctioned and licensed facitites. The chance of getting a license are one in a million. My advice after years of research into a successful marijuana business plan ? - Look at all the support business opportunities - such as a grow store, cooking/growing school, evape store, and even TShirts and wholesaling rack merchandise to dispensaries to name on a few of the businesses that are excellent profit makers, support the mmj industry, BUT do not grow/sell mmj.  Thats how I made my money in this business.

13. Another thing I needed to mention as a huge profit maker - the laws in Colorado for recreational marijuana and infused products state all products MUST be tested by an independent laboratory. There are only 4 approved labs in the state. Get ahead of this curve in your state now. This law will come to your state too - wish I had invested in the testing/laboratories. Bet they are making huge profits. You do not state what your intended purpose is ? - Do you want to start dispensaries? or grow operations or Infused products? I see a lot of people who got into the business early in Colorado are now selling out because they did not realize how hard it was to run any kind of retail business. not only that but the regulations and taxes have eaten away at their profit margins, and they realize thay are not going to make millions in the mmj business. A year ago an ounce would cost $400. now the dispensaries are fighting for $150 an ounce of top shelf product. Still costs the same overhead to produce. Just some thoughts. I am a very experienced mmj entreprenuer business professional and have consulted over the last 14 years with many other mmj entreprenuers.

14. #75 GreenViewMMJ, Aug 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2014
    I've been to a few CCI seminars down here in s.fla already. If you have about a million in capital to back you up in the bank, you have a pretty good chance of getting a license. They're speculating that maybe 1700 licenses total will be given out (cultivation and dispensary).

You need to have a solid business plan and team put together. I am actually gathering some investors up at the moment, so far it's looking promising! I will not be giving up easily on this. As they say the early bird gets the worm! If anyone is planning on going to a CCI seminar in SE florida soon, please let me know I would love to meet some of my fellow ganjapreneurs!

Like NanaR said as well there are a ton of opportunities in ancillaries too. Hopefully delivery services won't need a dispensary as an agent because that would be a great business to have in florida with the elderly if the dispensaries don't control that market.

15. if you are looking for a veteran grower of 18 years i would luv to work down there i am born and raised in CO. i have been in the green rush here from the start i have friends in all areas of the business also had a edibles company for awhile which was jammin till they started changing laws and lic. fees so keep me in mind it will happen sooner or later

16. #77 ProGMO, Aug 12, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2014
    Does anyone have reports of their experiences attending the MMJ seminars here in FL?

I would like to open a dispensary with mobile capabilities. My dream is to have a drive through as well as walk-in with private rooms to discuss the effects of available strains.

When the feds legalize it all I want be the Papa John's of delivery, hell I will get a fleet of armored ice cream trucks with creepy music and all! 

The reality is delivery is to facilitate those who are immobile, FL has a batch of elderly. It will also benefit those who do not want to be seen at a dispensary. 

17. There's already a bunch of cultivation & sale (LEGAL) going on in Fl now. I've seen it w my own eyes. A few smart people have exploited some old case law & are working as "caregivers"

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

18. OK dudes, football season is back!   :yay:   Time for all of you in Florida to throw a "Political party"! Get your friends together to watch the pre-season game and have a few buds and brews, but also have some voter registration cards ready! You can print them up yourself, but they have to be mailed in or handed in to the registrar of voters office.

http://election.dos.state.fl.us/voter-registration/voter-reg.shtml#voterApp

Make sure all your buddies are registered voters!  They can't vote on legalization unless they are registered! If they aren't sure if they are currently registered, they can check here!

http://registration.elections.myflorida.com/CheckVoterStatus

The prohibitionists are counting on us to be stereotypic stoners- apathethic and just too lazy to vote.   :smoking:  And honestly, a lot of you 20-somethings don't vote! :mad:  Unless you like the idea of always being at risk for arrest, now is the time to change that!

The "No on 2" forces WILL be out encouraging the older citizens to vote No! And senior citizens DO vote!   We have to show the older voters what cannabis can do for them! DARE them to watch what Dr Sanjay Gupta says about cannabis in his CNN specials! (YouTube has them). 

In the comments section of news articles, I have been seeing prohibitionists moan over imagined fears and try to spread them! They have been claiming "Traffic accidents will go up if cannabis is legalized!" :eek:   We have to counter with articles like this-

“If Medical Marijuana Laws Cause A 'Surge in Drugged Driving Deaths,' Why Are Fatalities Falling? (FORBES – 2014) “Traffic fatalities fell by more than 20% nationwide during the study period, even as “MEDlCAL MARlJUANA sales expanded.” Between enactment of its MEDlCAL MARlJUANA law in 1996 and 2010, California saw a 31% drop in traffic fatalities. The number of traffic fatalities also fell in Hawaii and Rhode Island after they legalized MEDlCAL MARlJUANA -by 14% and 21%, respectively.”

Medical Marijuana Laws, Traffic Fatalities, and Alcohol Consumption       (full – 2013) http://gatton.uky.edu/faculty/sandford/391_f13/marijuana.pdf

â€œThe first full year after coming into effect, legalization is associated with an 8–11 percent decrease in traffic fatalities.”

Deaths from pharmaceutical overdoses go down- 

Medical marijuana laws may reduce painkiller overdoses   http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/25/health/medical-marijuana-overdose-deaths/index.html

As do suicides- 
    Medical Marijuana Cuts Suicide Rates By 10% In Years Following Legalization  
    (news – 2014)   
    http://www.medicaldaily.com/medical-marijuana-cuts-suicide-rates-10-years-following-legalization-268472

And a lot of veterans live in Florida-

PTSD Symptom Reports of Patients Evaluated for the New Mexico Medical Cannabis Program                      (full – 2014)   http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/02791072.2013.873843#tabModule

"Results: Greater than 75% reduction in CAPS symptom scores were reported when patients were using cannabis compared to when they were not. Conclusions: Cannabis is associated with reductions in PTSD symptoms in some patients”

Now here is a "goodie"! Every once in a while, some prohib will bring up the 1961 Single Convention on Narcotic Drugs as a reason why we couldn't possibly legalize cannabis federally!  (Ask any Native American about the US government and how well it keeps treaties! :cool:

Well, the fact is, all a government needs to do to get out of that treaty by January of the next year, is to send a letter by July 1! :eek: THAT'S IT! And surely someone in our government knows how to write a letter!

Single Convention on Narcotic Drugs, 1961   http://www.druglibrary.org/schaffer/legal/singconv.htm

Art. 46. -1. After the expiry of two years from the date of the coming into force of this Convention (article 41, paragraph 1) any Party may, on its own behalf or on behalf of a territory for which it has international responsibility, and which has withdrawn its consent given in accordance with article 42, denounce this Convention by an instrument in writing deposited with the Secretary-General.

- 2. The denunciation, if received by the Secretary-General on or before the first day of July in any year, shall take effect on the first day of January in the succeeding year, and, if received after the first day of July, shall take effect as if it had been received on or before the first day of July in the succeeding year.

Comment in the news! Educating the public about the facts about cannabis, and backing what you say with medical studies, is a lot more effective at changing minds than sitting there playing W.O.W.! Florida will be close- we need EVERY vote we can get!

Granny

19. Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum