Was it weed or life that fucked my ability to be funny?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Dabs, Feb 20, 2014.

1. Next time on 'Shit that never happened'..

2. I think its just part of growing up, being 14 or whatever is worry free and everything is just a big joke.

3. It's just life setting in man, try not to let it get ya down.

4. I've been off weed for a solid week now and I can say that it's my issues that are dampening my spirit, but I've also found myself becoming more articulate and witty again. It's like the connection between my brain and my mouth has been freed up or something, and it is helping. My anxiety is getting better too. Maybe the herb just ain't for me, at least at this point in my life.

5. when ur younger u just have more going on in life, your brain is more wired all the time...even if you hate it (school, obligations to parents, etc.) its still keeping ur mind active. like that other guy said, its jus life setting in...youre gonna need to find out how to make life more lively on your own, vs in the past when u were forced into situations by others. if that makes sense. life is just ups and downs tho, just go with it ...

6. #46 AcidBaker, Mar 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2014
    Marijuana does make you lazy. I'm not saying it's bad, I'm actually against ignorant fucks that say it's bad.

You can smoke Marijuana and still have a good life. Whats happening is that you are letting it take control over you. Understand that there's also other important shit in life than just smoke.

:D

7. Maybe weed just had you realize that you aren't actually funny or witty at all.  Oh well

8. Pretty shit thing to say man

9. #49 Wiseguys, Mar 1, 2014
    I was only messing around.  Don't get all emo on me.  I was going to respond to the first post but then it seemed like you might be BSing.  I think you're probably just young thats all.

It is your depression that has destroyed your personality and turned you into the person you are now.  You are just looking for an escape or something that will put your pains aside and help you get past the depression but it is not going away.  Your pain runs deep.

I don't know the solutions but I know the diagnosis.  I would recommend seeing a therapist, of some sort, you need someone who can really cheer you up and get you to being yourself again.  When traumatic things happen in our lives, they set you far back.

Stay away from drugs.  Just do things you enjoy.

Join a yoga or dance class.  That might be odd but I think something like that would help a lot.

10. Thanks mate you are right

11. Lol god this place.. Don't listen to all those idiots on page one they have no idea what the fuck they are talking about. Some people really need to stay the fuck off of here when they've been smoking. 

OP - Don't let these fools get you down. You're much more intelligent than a majority of the masses on here. Do you work or go to school? What kind of environments do you surround yourself in? I've found myself to be the happiest when I'm actively in school pursuing something with a healthy social life, or working a job that I enjoy and with people I enjoy working with. I wasn't working and was doing very limited school for over a year and I was miserable. Very depressed, easily smoking 1/2 ounce + a week etc. I feel pretty happy now and smoke not even an 8th a week if that now. However I do dab about 2 grams a week. 

I've been doing pretty much nothing but dabs for the past three months and I want to get back on the flower soon. But it's hard after that dab and rig life. 

12. It's hard to be funny or find things funny when nothing around you is funny. 

13. haha you think most posts are propaganda

HOLY FUCK dude....Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you...LOL...You are on Botticelli's shit list :laughing: :laughing:

15. #55 Sunny Jim, Mar 1, 2014
    As we get older, we are humbled. We gradually realize that we're not as special as we thought we were when we were young, and the struggles of adulthood consume more and more of our mental energies. Some people, when exposed to struggle, are left embittered shells of their former selves. I see it happening with my friends; people who used to have a zeal for life have become joyless, resentful sad sacks...Or they become more serious than they once were.

I think it's just getting older man. Maybe you're depressed, and you don't realize it. It sounds like you lost you had some serious emotional trauma somewhere along the way, and you're searching for who you used to be, or who you THINK you were...The truth is you're still you.

I definitely think it's a combination of stress, anxiety, and depression weighing on you, and literally DEPRESSING your personality. 

16. You didn't give anyone sound advice.... you pointed out the splinter in his eye while probably ignoring the rafter in your own.

17. This is sound advice.

18. i don't even wanna get into this... that's my contribution.