Was it weed or life that fucked my ability to be funny?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Dabs, Feb 20, 2014.

1. When I first started high school I was one sharp witted little fucker, always making people laugh, often having an entire class in hysterics. I had an out there attitude, I didn't give a fuck about other peoples opinions. It's like before, I set the standard for how I wanted to represent life but now I'm all too concerned about how others perceive the things I do. I used to be able to spark up conversations out of nothing, but now I run out of shit to say to my own friends. I don't feel like I know myself, or the people around me.

As a youngster I felt I had an intellect that somehow rose above a lot of the behaviour I saw as petty about human nature but now I find myself falling for the same shit like I've lost the solid introspection I had.

I smoked weed over my teen years. I also had a progressively shit time with family issues. My parents separated when I was 14 and there's been a big shit fight over my little brother who has autism.

So I don't really know if weed is screwing me up, or just a shit life building up on me and stifling my fire.

I used draw constantly, and my reading level was 3 years above until about the age of 10. Can't do either anymore it's like forcing myself.

I don't even really know what I'm asking here, I just need life advice I guess.

2. [x] new account
    [x] negative connectives inferring blame towards marijuana that stinks of propaganda myths (weed ruined my life this time)
    [ ] new/noob account supported.

propaganda, could be....

could be someone just made a lot of bad choices and needs to get their shit together (you seem to QUIT doing things when DEPRESSED and just want a crutch to point at..my advice..STOP DOING THAT, and stop 'looking at your navel' [look up the phrase]).

3. You're paranoid dude. I'm trying to sort my shit out which is why I'm posting here. If you don't have anything positive or constructive to add, please take your tinfoil hat elsewhere. I know the concept that weed is synonymous with any form of negativity is something you are unwilling to comprehend, possibly due to some inner denial, but you don't need to reflect that on me. I'm just here at a point in my life asking for help.

4. God this sounds so fake. Just certain lines make me cringe, seems like someone tried their hardest to make it seem real. If you're actually really going through this, it's life. There has never been a single case of this in any marijuana forum or study that I have seen, nor will see probably. Just certain parts sound ridiculously off.

Sounds really fake.

Sounds really fake, and I'm gonna stop because I could just quote the whole damn post to be honest haha.

5. Well my life is real whether you can see that or not. I see you've jumped on cballs paranoia bandwagon, but I'm after some real advice thanks.

6. Like I said, it sounds fake. If you're serious, I'm sorry dude, but @[member="cball"] is right. There has been A LOT of this type of shit all over GC in recent months clogging up the place that some other site has been posting to make marijuana out to be more of a negative thing than it is.

[x] attempt to discredit anyone that points out propaganda...

keep going, go on..

BTW: I did provide you with sound advice...you choose to ignore that part huh....

8. To answer your question, though, weed hasn't affected me this way, and I don't know anyone that has had this happen to them. Cannabis affects everyone differently though, so this means nothing. Sucks that you've been having this happen to you and it sounds like you're maybe having a bit of depersonalization/derealization from it. It may be affecting how you are sober, and if this is true then I suggest going to a psychologist and telling him about your problem. I also can suggest that you take a month or two long t-break and see if you feel the same way.

9. Well that's not what I'm trying to do, it's just that it's posted in a mj forum where I felt there might be folks who can relate. I have some other posts here as well it's not like I joined up to post this I just woke up today and managed to put my situation in words. Man I am that desperate to get how I was before and I thought maybe someone would have ideas. I'm not on some anti weed buzz, I asked for life advice

so, you KNEW who I was before you even posted this thread...and use a negative cognitive to imply I am just 'paranoid'
    ...was the thread just a troll post...hmmm...ya...it is a troll

11. Yeah dude, I gotchu. Sorry about the thing earlier, it's just that some people have really been trying their hardest to ruin this site, and GC members are pretty dedicated to it. Just some people protecting what they love haha. It had to be sooner or later some people got caught in the crossfire.

12. Man I totally feel you. I can honestly say I feel everything you've said in your post. I've questioned whether it was the weed, or just part of me growing up. I quit smoking for 3 months, and can't say it helped at all, so I don't think it's the weed to be honest.

13. #14 Red Forman, Feb 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2014
    Same problem man like I used to be funny as fuck & someone everybody loved. But idk I changed I am miserable all the time unless I'm high & no one really likes me anymore, I can barely keep a convo with a friend or girl, I have family problems as well but who knows though maybe I'm just a miserable person. Weed always seems to get me out of that rut though, but I always seem to be talking about weed which isn't good ethier because I don't talk about anything else really & people always don't wanna talk about that but who knows man...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. If you think smoking is negatively impacting your life why not quit for awhile? See if your life gets any better, if not then you'll realize it's not the smoke.

Honestly you have to take responsibility for yourself and not blame other things for problems in your life.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

15. #16 Johnny Blazed, Feb 21, 2014
    damn if i dont kind of fit in with this

i think we're the sad fucks that let weed take over our lives lol im not even blaming trees at all till i i got hooked on oxy, methadone, and suboxone i didnt even know what being a miserable fuck without drugs was till the opiates so my shit has gone far deeper then weed

but addictive personality maybe?

16. Same here bro beans

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

17. I think im in there with you, too.. Except my creativity got shot at the beginning of high school

18. your just becoming more self aware. you need to find your innner child again and remmber it doesnt matter! TURN UP

19. #20 Bill Dauterive, Feb 21, 2014
    I gotta say that i felt that and can relate to how you feel.People on here have to act like they have to come to marijuana's defense. Nothing you said was propaganda just real. The problem with some people on here they hear one bad thing and assume someones a government agent or fed trying to 'infiltrate' there magical way of life.