Rap Battle Tournament 2nd Round - Apex Word vs GaNinja

Discussion in 'The Musician in U' started by Glock Coma, Feb 20, 2014.

1. I feel you on this. If you check my verses (and a few of the other MC's verses) in the Post your verse thread, you'll see im not bout the gun toting and shit either. But I will say, I love battling and thats pretty much what the battle culture is.

2. There's more to rap than making songs lol. You ever heard of textcee's? This is a textcee battle it's quicker, easier, and makes them fucking bars more apparent. If you don't respect textcees that leads me to believe you don't have bars like that tbh

3. Well now u have 2 fite all of us in rl fucker

4. I like that gun talk in battles like there's only so many ways you can say you're gonna kill someone that's where the creativity is IMO and I overall like gun bars just because lol

1v1 us bro.

6. #26 stickyglassOG, Feb 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2014
    lmao exactly because none of you are bout that. you wanna hide behind the screen and type. fake as fuck. that's all I'm saying. get in the booth kids.

7. (In My Opinion)
    Best Bars (Apex): i'll let this black hound clamp down,
     celebratin in the background, hella hated but i pack rounds, expellin cases when i blast crowds

open your ribcage and push nails through your heart,
     keep your ass on a leash so only speak when i tell you bark,

Best Bar (Ninja): methods leave you shattered, battered broken like some porcelain,
    blades watch me torch this bitch, if he got kids they orphans quick
    Im takin back whats mine like you didn't pay the mortgage bitch

PUNCHES: Tie
    NAME PLAY: Both only had one line each mentioning names, Apex just said his name while Ninja had a little play on it. Slight edge to Ninja.
    WORD PLAY: After a quick review, didn't see anything stand out. Nobody gets this category.
    PERSONALS: Ninja knew Apex was from Oregon but the line didn't stand out. This one's gonna come down to punches and multi's.
    FLOW: Ninja went a slightly simplier route with flow, both solid flows. Apex had some syllables here and there but it's easy to understand these as slight pauses in the verses. I'll give it a tie.
    MULTI'S: Apex man; disintegrate your spine, cause your soul dissapears when you intergrate with mine,
    ORIGINALITY:
    Both pretty much written to be used against anyone. That's why nobody took the personal category.

So according to my breakdown, it's Apex: 1, Ninja: 1 Tie: 4.

It's a tie! Four lines from each to break the tie and I'd be satisfied.

We cant all be ghetto thugs like you, the majority here just participated in this tournament for some fun you really need to lighten up. If it bothers you that much simply don't click on the threads?

9. #29 stickyglassOG, Feb 22, 2014
    it's just funny. and it's a public forum. so I can do whatever the fuck I please. :smoke:

ghetto thug? do you have a picture of me or something sir? does the way I type give you these vibes? lmfao.
    what.the.fuck.

Why would you continuously visit threads which you dislike? seems like a poor way to spend your time. You do what you want bro, its your time your wasting. Whatever gets you through the day.

11. Seems like a troll.

12. you probably spit straight shit in the booth and cant write rhymes against others. that's the only reason your here. do something with yourself bro , being mad at others having fun aint a good look.

13. #33 stickyglassOG, Feb 22, 2014
    sorry I didn't even read through your response given you previous posts. LOL. foh.

[​IMG]

14. Is it considered swayi if I say I want ninja to win, I feel like his verse was better lol. I didn't really have the time I usually put into my verses so he deff outshines me

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

15. this was one of the closer ones, both verses were good. ive got to give it to ganinja though, the rhymes were more complex and gave him the edge.

16. How strict are the rules? I liked Apex's verse more, but that's way more than 8 bars.

17. Yeah Ganinja went the fuck off definitely the hardest verse of this round so far.

18. Apex killed on those multi but to be honest there is alot to sift thru which I'm not a big fan of.. ganinjas shit was on point.. very well rounded so I gotta give to him..

Good shit from both parties

+1 ganinja

19. Nah, thats the way he's always done his stuff. Apex has always used an experimental sorta style. Its dope

20. As long as the post is 16 lines.. no more no less than it doesnt matter how long the bars are.

Sometimes long lines works against people in battles though so its not done often, but thats just Apex's style.