Is the U.S. a murderer? Why did they go to war in Iraq?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Massholes, Feb 19, 2014.

1. I just answered that, its a view comments below your original comment.

2. #22 ICGreen, Feb 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2014
    That would be rather selective implementation. Why not just jump right into N. Korea?
    Kuwait was long over by the second, regime toppling invasion.
    We provided him with chemical weapons. No new weapons were found during the invasion.
    Bottom line Bush Jr. fucked up. He fucked over the Iraqi's as wll as the American citizens and the military. Job one should have been to finish up in Afghanistain, period. :smoke:

Edited to add: You never initially responded until this post, well after my second request.

oh there ya go using real facts and all those real events...

4. Once again Massholes, you have nothing to back up your information, and you have no proof of anything. Secondly, the people that make up the U.S. military are not terrorist, the reason why is because they are fighting because they want to A) defend their country B) to save others from death. C) believe that everyone deserves to be free. The U.S. soldiers do not kill innocent people, they save countless lives. If you actually read the news then you would know what happens. 

5. Iraq was a big mistake and Bush and Co lied about why it wasn't.

6. [​IMG] uhhuh

7. The assertion is that the U.S. has a just cause for entering the war. It also shows that the U.S. didnt just randomly decide to kill terrorists, they kill terrorists because of the countless murders the terrorists have committed against unarmed innocent people. I put the part about the U.S. saving lives because it shows that they actually care. If the U.S. was a murder why would they care about non-american citizens? Why would the U.S. save the lives of people in a country were their are no laws? If the U.S. didnt care why would they help rebuild roads and buildings for citizens? Why does the U.S. try to take out dictators if they didnt care? Why would the U.S. try to build a stable government if they didnt care?

The point is the U.S. tries to help these innocent people in these countries from terrorists. The terrorists murder their own people. Also, if the U.S. is such a bad country, why would they give terrorists rights and let them have a trial? When they could simply kill them if they wanted to, but they give them a fair trial.

8. This has nothing to do with DC. This has to do with certain people on this forum blaming the U.S. for murdering people, when the same people have no information backing up their claims. I just want people to be aware of who the real terrorists are.

9. And you guys come up with alot of conclusions without showing a shred of evidence that backs up your claim. Your ignorant fools, trying to change the minds of naive people. This is sad, how the world is turning into people like this, it is sad that people like you support terrorists, if they have a cause. A godless nation this is.

10. Cheney and Bush?
    I know what you are trying to say, but Iraq sure isn't a good example. There is no good justification for that. I believe most folks know that by now. :smoke:

[​IMG] there there it will be ok

<SOMEONE GETS HIS MEDICATION! STAT!>

12. I dont murder people because i think its fun to do. I believe that everyone in the entire world deserves to have rights, even terrorists. But if those people murder innocent civilians, then i think their rights should be took away.

13. [​IMG] yepper, good times!

14. Then turn around and look at Washington :smoke:

Wow... are you even a real person?..

16. Saddam Hussien's regime was stopped in 2003, which was after the 9/11 attacks. The U.S. then attacked al-Qaeda and other known terrorist organizations involved. Also, I wasnt trying to be mean, i was just guiding you to were i posted the answer to your question, my bad if it sounded like that.
    Here are my questions to you. Wheres a source that shows that we gave him chemical weapons? Where is your source showing we didnt find any new weapons?

The reason we stayed was because terrorist threats continued during this time, as shown with my original post. Also Saddam actually was amassing troops to the border of Saudi-Arabia, in which he was preparing to attack them. Many inteliigence agencies also found that Iraqi scientists were building chemical weapons. Here is what actually happened.
    1990-91
    \nIn 1990 Iraq invaded Kuwait. There are two reasons that Saddam Hussein directed his armies to take over the smaller, weaker nation on the southern border of Iraq. First, historically Hussein considered Kuwait to be part of Iraq. There had been numerous hostile confrontations over the years set in motion by this claim. Additionally, a recent brutal war with Iran ended in defeat for Iraq, so Hussein may have been seeking an easy victory over a weaker nation. Second, the border between the two nations had never been clearly defined and Iraq believed that Kuwaiti oil companies were tapping into Iraqi oil fields. He also believed that the western world, including the United States of America would not become involved in this regional conflict. He was wrong, immediately after the invasion, the United Nations and the United States of America issued strongly worded statements that demanded Iraq withdraw from Kuwait.
    Between Iraq and Kuwait, Hussein now controlled 20% of the world's oil reserves. Additionally, it looked as if Iraq was preparing to invade Saudi Arabia by massing troops along the Kuwaiti-Saudi border. Saudi Arabia, a strong U.S. ally and supplier of oil, contains another 20% of the world's oil reserves.
    In Kuwait, Iraqi troops looted the cities, seizing all movable property. Summary executions, torture, and rape were also reported to the world press.
    Last, it was known that Iraq had been developing weapons of mass destruction. The world was scared that the influx of money that could come from controlling Kuwaiti and possibly Saudi oil reserves would allow Hussein to expand those programs. America intelligence suggested that Iraqi scientists were close to the successful development of nuclear and biological weapons. Hussein had already proven his capacity and willingness to use weapons of mass destruction when he used chemical weapons to quell a Kurdish rebellion in Northern Iraq.
    Military Power
    • 547,000 soldiers in the Iraqi army, including the highly trained, elite Republic Guard.
    • It was known that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction. Hussein had used chemical weapons on the Kurds in Northern Iraq.
    • The United States of America and its allies had millions of soldiers and an almost unlimited supply of arms.

Sources​
    http://www.pbs.org/frontlineworld/stories/iraq501/events_kuwait.html
    http://www.usip.org/publications/saudi-arabia-and-iraq-oil-religion-and-enduring-rivalry

17. Israel has WMD.  What should the US do?

18. Lol, that is pathetic. Saddam Hussein leader of Iraq, invaded Kuwait, murder my innocent people, while used chemical weapons to do so. Saddam then seized oil reserves, giving him massive profit, and which helped him to continue building a chemical weapon. Saddam then prepared his troops and was about to attack Saudi-Arabia, another nation with huge oil reserves, but the U.S. stopped him. Also even if Bush lied about this, which he didnt, there is plently of videos, and news reports form Iraqi news, Saudi Arabia news, and news across the entire world, showing exactly what happened. There is no denying what Saddam did.

The U.S. has the most deployed nuclear weapons of any country in the world. It's time the U.S. does something about this!