Need help With DWC SCROG TENT

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by legalize.it, Feb 19, 2014.

1. Okay so I have a 36 x18x30 tent and I wanna run a smillar scrog as younsee in picture attached. The only questions I have is since the screen will be full and couldnt take the plant out of the tent or screen how would I do res changes?
    what do you do i do with the big rootball when you have to do res changes .?.
    I have done alot of research came up with something on recurculating nute mix and just top off but I still dont understand that .
    Can some help me with this I really wanna run a dwc system I just cant wrap my head around res changes when your plants to big to remove from tent or screen? Some 8ne more experienced will know .. thanks alot grow on

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

2. Get/build some 5 gallon bubble buckets. Those will treat you much better and they're easier to clean and swap.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Nobody haas any answer for me I figured somebody on the hydroponic forum would have came across my problem

4. check out my grow in sig

5. In sig where that????

6. #6 lowryderrocks, Feb 20, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2014
  7. Nice grow man maybe since you have experince you an help me figure out this reciculating nutrient idea where you just top off .. becuase im particular setup I wont be able to move the bucket or plant due to tent size and xscreen

8. #8 lowryderrocks, Feb 20, 2014
    the way I have my screen I can lift the whole plant up and change rest

I used to have a smaller box, 1m x1m x2m, what I did was I used a rectangle container, 20GAL, and I use a timber, weather proof it, then cut 4 holes in for 4 pots, that for 4 plants, place screen the same way like this grow I have now, and pull down with paper clips as usual
    due to the size og the plants is taking the 1m/q, I have 4 hooks on the timber and 4 chains hanging down for holding the plants when I change res, also raise the light before raising the plants ofcos

you could setup a flood and drain, which would be much simpler to setup and easy to change res
    http://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/showthread.php?847-Flood-n-Drain-step-by-step-plans-(%A320)

for recirculating system
    http://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/showthread.php?106795-RDWC-(Recirculating-Deep-Water-Culture)-Design-and-Help-Thread

I never use anything else other than bubble buckets, works for me and I like it, the more bubbles the better thats what I learn from it, other than that I focus on training to increase yield, last plant yield 7 ounces with similar training, but different nutes, this round better training steps better nutes

if you want the simplest, try my setup, its easy look after, I change res every 10 days, other days I keep it topped up to 1" below pot, and is better to adjust your ph while top up, say your ph raised above 6.5 with 3gal water left in a 5gal bucket, you top up by 1gal with same mix of nutes and between 4.5 to 5 ph, that should adjust the whole thing to around the low 5 mark, thats what I normally do, and if ph drops fast like my grow, 100ppm a day, I increase nutes by quarter amount I am feeding, say I was giving 20ml for every 4 gal, I mix a gal with 6.25ml to top up

9. Im trying to get into bubble b6ckets but my tent size is stoping me

10. the bucket I had in the small box was nearly the size of the box, that was the reason I never took it out, just raise the lights and plants to get just the bucket itself out, as the timber was actually too wide to take out through the door flat, and I can't till it hen the plants are like 4 weeks in to flower, by 6 weeks they are pushing up against the wall of the box... that way you can run a bubble bucket, or just do one plant like me, you wont need a tent the size of mine, I wanted it big so I can walk around in it :)

11. Thanks man im just gonna play it how it rolls.. and yonna give it a try .. like u said il try just raisng the plant high enough tto get the bucket out... just be gentle witht the roots

12. pump the old out.
    pump the new in.

you don't need anything big. a small 10$ ebay fountain pump will do just fine.

from the gc app on BlackBerry Playbook!

13. I acually thought of that and I think this is my best option pump and drain into bucket .. or drain valve on bottom then fill from top ... 7fmi can make it without leqking

14. Attach the screen to the lid of the bucket. That's how I did mine. Then it's a single plant screen and you can lift the lid off and the whole plant and screen comes with it.

15. Thats a great I dea but my screen will be covering every single inch of my tent I wanna look in myntent and see 30 40 tops

16. #16 lowryderrocks, Feb 20, 2014
    do the training on the plant buddy, my plant is sitting on 2ft x 2ft space, you want to see 30 to 40 tops? try count mine, last plant had well over 40 tops, I don't even count anymore these days.... I can train the plant to put up over 50 tops in the space you have and still be able to move it up and down easily

17. Thats the plan just got me a water pump getting ready still got a wait on my dwc bucket

18. You can make the screen as big as you want and still attach it to the lid. My screen was about 2.5' x 2.5', i.e., much bigger than the lid of my bucket. It's all about getting the PVC cut to the right lengths. Then I just screwed PVC end caps upside down to the lid. Stuck in the poles for the screen and drilled through the side of the caps and stuck cowpers pins in to hold it. Easy peasy.

19. Imwas bored today and this is what I came up with I have metal rods threw the pvc for strength support...... what do you think it is gonna cover evry inch of my tent cant wait. The string I weaved is really just speaker wire I had laying around I figured sturdy string plus the soft plastic outside will keep it from hurting my babys ... fkrst thought was fishing string after a min of pondering horrible idea found my speaker wire... I didnt have any 90s or I woulda used them but its still sturdy the way I got it

Attached Files: