4 rooms. hps and cfl. help a stoner

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by wood3501, Feb 18, 2014.

1. hey it's my first grow room and am looking forward to getting started! 
    I've grown a little grow in my closet, but all is welcoming to come up with ideas 

IMG_0214.JPG
    IMG_0215.JPG
    IMG_0216.JPG
    IMG_0217.JPG

hi got 2 room where there is a partition in each, so there are 4 rooms in the place, which is very old as you can see on the picture. but I believe it can be good. :hello:  

each room is 5ft x 5,5ft and only 5ft high. 

and as you can see there is some old walls

my questions:
    how do i cover the old walls ?
    how to grow? scrog ?

my plan :smoke:
    3x flower room 1x veg room
    3x hps (200w or 2x 125w?) 1x cfl veg

3 plants in each flower room.
    veg room for motherplants and clones (Enough with 1 room for veg? there is no floor in the room I'm using, so I dig a little out so you can stand up straight.
    white plastic on walls

2. Do you even have power down there in the dungeon?

you want real power, a good 60 amp service.

3. Damn! Looks like the Count of Monte Cristos basement. Check for body buried in there bro.
    lol

Twas Ever Thus!

4. whew ok. Can you clean the walls and paint them flat white? I would worry about mold if they were covered. that's a start.
    All jokes aside that could be a killer space bro.

Twas Ever Thus!

5. 3 x 400 or 600watts HPS on the lights.
    cfls are good for vedge.

Twas Ever Thus!

6. You look like you have had a fair bit of moisture down there man so you need to dry the space out before you do anything. As snoopdog6502 said have you got power? Get a decent sized dehumidifier into that space to draw the moisture out of that brickwork before you do anything.

How handy are you? are you able to mix and apply render? or would you feel comfortable batoning out a space and fitting dry wall?

The only other issue i see with that is the height. 5ft ceilings are going to be pretty restrictive as once you allow for the height of your medium and the fittings for the lights you are really only going to be left with 4ft of active grow space. If the floor is compacted dirt you may want to consider digging out a couple of trenches to sit your pots in to give you back some of that height.

Lastly do you have access for ventilation as that is going to be pretty important.

All in all though man that could be a sick little pot palace you have there,  you are just gonna have a truck load of work to do first!

7. 60! :O do not think I can get that much, have 10 to work with

8. is not so handy, my plan is to fill the walls with foam with white plastic on? be sure there is no moisture as you say :)

digging out for pots is a great idea:) need to talk to the owner about that

yea it can be done, but how much does it take? 
    can this one do the job?
     http://www.ebay.com/itm/CAP-Valuline-4-Inline-Exhaust-Fan-Vortex-Style-HPS-/230620849788?pt=US_Garden_Tools&hash=item35b212e67c

9. you would need one of those in each room really.

10. hmm oka, there will be too much heat? or what is it that I should be aware of ?  :)

2  600w and fans will be about all you can do, you will need to tap the main pannel and pull some cable in there to have power.

It cost me $130 to pull a good 60 amp cable,a box and breakers thats good for 7,000w 120 and 14,000w 220.

Get power first.

hmm okay, do not know much about amps, but is it possible to get several more amps of the same power? 
    because the owner has given me permission to use 300w in each room

13. 10 is so tiny that would be enough for the veg room. Do you really need 3 flower rooms? That seems like a lot to me

I don't have problems I have solutions. and if you have a problem with that I still have a solution.... *BONGIN* 凸(~皿~)凸

14. what if use 1 600w hps insted 3 200w, still need 60 amp ?

15. I would use 1000w it uses 9 Amo and your fans won't run much. I don't have much experience with hid though I use cfl and soon to be Led

I don't have problems I have solutions. and if you have a problem with that I still have a solution.... *BONGIN* 凸(~皿~)凸