The absolute first time anyone has ran into this problem ever...Help

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by HipSkip, Feb 18, 2014.

1. Hey folks, with all due respect I'd like to weed out anyone inexperienced or "guessing" that might choose to reply to this thread. IMO, This is an expert only topic plz, although I'd never be rude to anyone that is kind enough to reply.

Let me begin by catching you up with some history of this grow.  Strain is a custom bred Turbo Diesel, approx 8 wk photo period ....  this is  the 2nd grow..... 2 identical rooms w/switchbox on 12-12...

About 4 wks into the 12/12 a chemical spill almost killed the entire grow. Accidentally, some bleach was mixed with some Advanced Nutes PH-Down.......not a lot.... less than a few ounces of each, accidentally...but this caused a crazy reaction that caused a unavoidable evacuation of the rooms. It took 45 minutes to be able to ventilate the adjoining area enough to even get to the doorway to the first room and begin flushing (garden hose on full blast spraying the contamination area to dilute) the chemicals. Total time the plants were subjected to this reaction was between 2-3 hours. This killed all the fan leaves and bleached white most of the sugar leaves on the smaller plants, the larger plants were the least affected only losing a small portion on the lowest fan leaves. It seemed the plants more in the "airflow" zones (middle of room) were hit a bit harder while plants closer to the walls avoided a bit more of the chemicals. This chemical "burn" resembled a nutrient burn..best way i can describe it. I can post some pics upon request of the current state if it will help an experienced grower assess the damage.
              So, I was left with a choice. Wipe out everything and start fresh(no clones ready) or wait to see what they would do. I decided it best to not waste all the nutes,time,$ spent already and let these go to see what survived. To my surprise only the 2 smallest plants did not recover. I did a few different things to the surviving plants to see what made them react the best...I removed burned leaves, I trimmed burned sugar leaves even....It seemed like the plants I did the most trimming on, recovered the fastest. Some have made a complete recovery, some have just puttered along. Some buds are huge, dense,,,,,some barely got any thicker than they were at the time of the chemical burn.
              But, the time has come...8 weeks.....and what I see..and what I've seen them go through....I no longer can tell when to harvest. I used to go by a few things... I'd wait for the hairs to curl back into the buds, also look for around a 75%milky-25%amber trics....but this time shits all crazy!! The plants went into a shock stage, some longer than others.... this strain does not usually foxtail...but when some plants recovered from the shock they did foxtail...So....this is what I'm looking at as far as bud development.....The part of the buds that were already formed before the chem-spill have pistil browned and curled in & showing my preferred tric ratio....but right along side the curled in pistils are NEW white pistils...and then add in the new growth and the foxtails that are now showing largly milky trics and fresh white pistils..all in the same bud. And these are just the furthest along maturity buds....I have a complete rainbow spectrum from these types of buds...all the way down to the smaller plants that have only barely thickened (buds) but not shown any new growth since the spill.
              A week asfter the spill, every pistil on every plant had curled in orange, giving the appearance of a very early finishing.....but I let them go hoping for recovery....which has happened in the larger picture....

What I am here asking for is help harvesting this grow. Opinions from anyone who feels they truly have enough experience to offer sound advice on this harvest. I'm going to post this topic without any pictures now so I can hopefully begin getting the attention of the experienced growers. I will go take some pictures of these plants and return to share them so you can see all the things I have been describing, and the multiple stages these plants are at @ the 8wk mark (standard harvest time). Anyone surfing and seeing this thread that is interested in working with me please follow me, I'll be back with current pics of everything soon, not more than a couple hours.

Thank you for your help. I told you this has to be the first time in the history of growing this has happened, and trust me, it's my luck it would happen to me....I'm hoping the similarities of this chemical burn to a nutrient burn will make it easier for those trying to offer their experiences and advice and hopefully easier for me to get through this harvest in the best possible way.

Manual edit to include signature:
    I am in Colorado, and everything I say is complete fantasy. This is only for entertainment purposes because I am very bored and like to role play fictional growing just like everyone else here. Any pictures I share were downloaded from the internet and used as total fantasy. Due to my prescribed medications, it's highly likely I won't even remember what I wrote or that I am a member of this forum.

2. yikes that sucks man. and you're right, tough to know what to do exactly given the circumstances. personally, I would harvest all the flowers that seem like they're ready. the white pistils will most likely brown during drying/curing. the ones that look like they need more time go ahead and give them more time. pix would definitely help

3. Here is a link to another post on this topic at another forum ONLY FOR THE USE OF LOOKING AT PICTURES OF THIS (35 PICS THERE) I am actively monitoring both threads, and will reply here to replys I receive here, just it was easy to batch upload the pics on that forum. Please if you are watching this thread here, reply here! I am here too...and I will work on getting a few pics posted here in the meantime =)

http://www.420magazine.com/forums/frequently-asked-questions/211752-without-doubt-1st-time-problem-has-happened-anyone-world-help.html#post1998343

PLZ forgive any broken rulze MODs... in sharing this link to a sister thread on another forum, it is only for viewing pics now until i get them over here also. I need all the help I cna manage, and am not abandoning this thread or trying to get anyone over to another forum, as stated I am here and actively looking for replys from MEMBERS OF THIS FORUM here... as I kinda respect the members and advice from  this forum a tad bit more than the other one, because of the medical aspect here, but its just simpler to batch upload pics there, and more traffic..

4. So...... is this real?

Sent from....... wouldn't you like to know. Probably your mamas house.

5. #5 turbotoke, Feb 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2014
    Seems like maybe the bleach caused varying grow times in small areas.  Meaning the pistils that were out continued to grow and the other's that would have popped soon slowed down or stopped for a while, and are now catching up.  I would suggest that if the buds are of a reasonable size and density to go ahead and cut them, you may have to choose certain buds instead of whole plants.  If the over mature parts get dead and brown it can bring all kinds of issues.

6. Thank you very much.... I had not even thought of that! you're right... Ugh...

I posted some more pics on that other forum thread.... pics of the trics from a single plant, some from the same flower even (the top flower is as big as my head) If ya wanna see them, ckeck it out, I just came back to my PC to catch up on replies...

7. I am still monitoring this thread, so anyone who wishes to offer advice and assistance can still do so and it will not be wasted effort. I have just been too busy to try to upload the photos here, and have been burried with labor related to my plants. I'm sure u can understand. I just want everyone to know I am still here, and still gratefull to all for their advice and input.

8. Well, I guess I should rephrase, I should have known there's allways got to be at least one....... So, I respect the experienced and mature members opinions here that attempt to help and advise more than the other website i posted this topic on. From my experience that website is full of all types of clowns (nothing against clowns, we all enjoy an idiot to laugh at once in a while and i mean no offense) but their pic sharing system is sweet, and I had a lot of pics to share. I also updated that thread with pics of the trics and the locations i got the pic from on the plant/bud.
    All advice is welcome, I am still actively dealing with this, and monitoring these threads.

TYVM,
    HipSkip

9. harvest what you can and dedicate this particular run to BHO

personally i would feel uneasy about smoking buds exposed to those chemicals...and i sure wouldnt want to give away any of that to my friends