one hitter question?

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by chiefkeesh, Feb 17, 2014.

1. i have a question. im a freshman in college and i like to use my one hitter in my dorm room and smoke out the window. its quick, efficient, and barely smells. but sometimes, the smoke is really harsh and i start coughing like walter white. i had an idea, what if i put my one hitter in the freezer and then used it? would it cool the smoke down at all? has anyone tried this? its a metal pipe that looks like a cig. thanks!! 

2. Most 1 hitters are harsh because unlike a bubbler or bong there is no water to filter the smoke. Most people say that if you put ice in a bong the hit is smoother so in that case maybe the cold metal would make it less harsh. In my experience, the colder the bong (ice in it) the harsher the hit. If the hit is too harsh I would suggest getting a small bubbler.

3. Personally I would suggest getting a small bubbler as the water does make a huge difference. As far as one hitters in the freezer, I'v done it and it worked nice to cool the first few rips. After the first 4-6 hits it starts heating up like normal and during those first hits make sure your lips are bone dry, I made the mistake of drinking before i began and my lip stuck to the piece for a few seconds, no pain but it was awkward. -.-

4. one thing i can suggest is to bring to the smoke into your mouth/cheeks first, then into your lungs. kinda like sipping soda through a straw, if you hold it in your mouth a liittle it will help cool it down. if your one hitter is made of metal, go for it. but if its ceramic/glass, the temp change may break/cracck it.

5. #5 hermione420, Feb 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2014
    agreed. Either invest in a small bubbler or work on a technique that will prevent you from coughing either by collecting the smoke in your mouth before inhaling or taking smaller hits

6. Definitely get a little bubbler or bong it will make a world of difference

Who Dat!

7. Most of the time it's just because it's dirty. Clean out your 1hitter with iso, rinse and let it dry. Pack and hit, it should be smooth.
    Oh, and since you don't pack a lot in a 1hitter, you don't have to inhale like you're gonna take a dive. After a short hit, everything is burnt up, hitting it more = harsh