what do you guys do? hobbies/jobs/passions?

Discussion in 'General' started by DJSandaS, Feb 15, 2014.

1. #21 chldrnfbdm4, Feb 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2014
    My passions are keeping in physical shape by going to the gym. I've also become quite devoted to BJJ. My other passion is on hold due to probation, and lack of a job. I love working on cars. I plan on buying another b5 S4 (audi) with a blown motor, and swapping a 24 valve vr6 into it. Turbocharging it, and shooting for around 5-600 WHP. I also enjoy building computers. I love the outdoors as well. Whether it be hiking, camping, or even rock climbing.

Heres a video of a vr6 swap s4.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEhHOkmCJO8

Fucking love that engine.
    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I437P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. I work as an EMT. I just put my two weeks in, I'm going into the army as a medic.

3. Last year I went to school to be a machinist and taught myself to grow those are how I spend 80-90% of my time.. I also have been into audio engineering for like 5 years (self-taught)..

The internet is a horrible but amazing place, you can teach yourself a new skill to the level of expertise without leaving your computer.. I plan on continuing to teach myself new skills, new hobbies, new hustles, every year

what kind of engineer snoop?

5. I like to ride bicycles. In the mountains, in the city, in the forest. I like all things bicycles. I also like to build and repair them.

I enjoy hiking, camping, indoor climbing, Xbox, making cosplay costumes, snowboarding and other stuff.

I'm a senior healthcare officer, but in the long term I want to become a firefighter.

Omega369 :wave:

6. talking about call of duty, I used to spend an exorbitant amount of time playing that game and was one of the top ranked players on Black ops 1, MW3 and Black Ops 2 but I considered that an addiction that was holding me back from accomplishing other things.,. haven't played since last july and I'll probably keep it that way

Mechanical, food harvesters, food processing,structural,hydraulics. But went to college to be a civil engineer.

awesome, Im 25 and finally realized I should of gone to college to for mechanical or manufacturing engineering...

I don't know how I'm expected to figure that out at 18 years old tho, instead I went for business/real estate and dropped out lol

9. Horticulture is my passion

10. #30 TheAnswer121, Feb 16, 2014
    I was mcse and a+ certified after high school, but already working retail so never pursued my passion for computers. Was in retail management for 8 years before I needed a break. Wish I had the opportunity to go to college, but we just work with what we got

11. #31 emf3rd, Feb 16, 2014
    I'm an avid collector of many things, but primarily movies. I find the art fascinating, and am always hoping to add on to my collection of films and television series. I also have a collection of video games from a wide arrange of systems, as well as a large library of music and of course an actual library of books. I used to be huge into Lego's as they offered a wide range of creativity, but have for the most part grown out of them. I was never too good at playing instruments, although I have always wanted to learn to play the saxophone and I currently own a keyboard and a 7 piece drum set that don't get much use. Let's see what else, I'm a thrill seeker. I love roller coasters like Kingda-Ka and my dream is to skydive. As for sports, I'm not really into many involving teams. But swimming, biking, hiking, para sailing, hang gliding, etc are all fun to me. And, of course, there's always marijuana, which is probably my biggest passion of all mainly because it influences my day to day life more than the rest do. However, another thing I incorporate into my every day life is my basic belief in the power of good, and that by helping others you will be helping yourself. Everyday philanthropy is getting rarer and rarer, and I aim to change that. I think that covers the gist of what I do and my hobbies... As for jobs, I've worked at restaurants, amusement parks, motels, and currently am employed at my father's deli. I live in a tourist town, so the winter's are tough money wise. But come summer I'll be making around $900-$1,000 a month, which will hopefully be enough to get me out of here when next winter comes... I'm hoping! (I loathe winter.)

I took a lot of vocational trade classes like welding and machine shop. That gave me skills that got me good jobs right away. I was building things on day one and not just a pencil pusher. I still get phone calls from ex employers on technical math type problems.

If I have to go on site to sort out a fuck up its $100 an hour $1.66 a minute so talk fast if you want to save money or talk all day but its on the clock and I round up to the nearest hour.

Currently I have more work then I can do and am turning away work.

13. I am a stay at home father half the time and the other half i am the sterotypical burnout working at the local pizza place lmao.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

14. As far as the Australian government is concerned, I'm in the business of irrigation and outdoor plumbing. But depending on the day, I'm a landscaper, carpenter, mason, or plumber. I work for an exterior design company and though I fell into the job randomly, it's become a real passion of mine. I plan on starting my own business in the near future.

As for hobbies, music is my number one, I'm really into surfing, and I dig anything outdoors.

15. drift rc cars....

16. Your dieing???

17. Interesting thread....   doin the single dad thing, working 3 PT bullshit jobs while I go back to school for paralegal certification. Other than that just chill with friends, do drugs and music stuff. Only growing outdoors these days sadly. I need more hobbies.... on the verge of joining a gym lol.

18. #38 ThePot, Feb 16, 2014

And being a grammar nazi because it annoys the shit out of me..

*You're dying?*  smh

19. #39 Scarfacee, Feb 16, 2014
    School/Job: I'm finishing up one class for my degree (that I have no plans on using - Business Management) and then I'll be looking to move forward with job/career. I'd like to coach football in one way or another, preferably at the HS or College level. I don't know if I've gained enough connections at this point for this, but I think I'd like to get a graduate assistant football coaching position and do 2 years as a GA/assistant and get a free Masters Degree (probably finance), and then decide whether to further pursue collegiate coaching and work my way up the ranks, drop down to high school, or use my masters degree in some professional manner (doubtful, I'm not big on needed a lot of money, miserable work for high financial compensation is not worth it to me compared to low pay, high enjoyment in what I do everyday)

Hobbies:

Football - everything about it. I study the game, schemes, etc. Re watch tons of games. Watch a lot of positional technique stuff. Read books, schemes, and playbooks. Could go on an on. My playing days are behind me, but I played at a pretty high level (not NFL). I also play the video game Madden a lot. Its a terribly made game but its my football fix. I also play for money and from madden 11-13 I made a good amount of money off of it. But I have gambling problems (which developed from madden) so I really havent played much this year. Sometimes I'll turn the game on and just go into practice mode and create schemes and such to get my football fix lol

Stock Market - I'll get into investing type stuff eventually to set myself up longterm, but options trading is pretty fantastic if you take the time necessary to truly grasp it, hone your rules, understand how to accept small losses and turn losses into gains etc. Gives you versatility to trade regardless of market direction and uses leverage as a way to manage risk to make profit. Its fun once you get the hang of it. This is currently my means for income and I'm planning on it remaining that way for a very long time. 

Cannabis - Uh, obviously? But I like learning about different strains, medical uses, the magic this plant has worked for people, the history of its illegality etc. Would like to get into growing eventually

My car - I don't know a whole lot about cars but I love muscle cars, always have. My favorite is the 67-69 Camaro RS/SS. When the 05 mustangs came out back in 04 they were the first thing to truly resemble old school muscle in a long time and I fell in love. All my talking and loving of the car must've paid off because one day my dad was driving me to school (I went to school an hour away but he worked real close to my school, this is HS were talking about) and we hydroplaned and hit a barrier.

Car was done, he came home late that night but the car sounded loud. It was a red 05 mustang GT vert 5 speed. It was exactly what I'd expected, sounded great, drove fast, looked amazing. Wasn't quite everything I wanted though, I wanted it mean, black, and hardtop w/ the fastback look as opposed to convertible. 

Eventually I purchased a 2006 Mustang GT 5 speed. Black and hardtop. Finally. So now once money is right I'll just throw my money into making this thing as mean and beautiful as possible. I really have no desire for a newer or better car. Just going to try to keep betty in the best shape possible for as long as possible.

Shit thats honestly really it. Football, Stock Market, Car. Fishing too, I forgot that, but thats because its the middle of winter. 

Edit - Working out too, duh. Thats just kind of become habit of life with  8 years of football in HS/College but I've grown to love it. Its essentially part of me. I've put down much of the cardio and explosion work needed with football though. Its nice to lift at a more leisurely pace and still accomplish everything necessary for maximum progress without the extra stuff required to play ball

20. Hobbies: Hiking, motorcycles (certified HD tech in early and late model), guns, smoking weed
    Job: PC tech working on my bachelor's
    Passions: Weed and motorcycles