Destiny

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by BAMABABIE, Feb 15, 2014.

1. Vault of Glass should take around 45 minutes to an hour with a group who knows what they're doing.

Probably a few hours at least if you're going in blind.

2. Well I've never done it and I'd probably be using destinyLFG for a team so yeah I'd pretty much be going in blind.

I don't want to spoil anything for you, but if you want I can detail each section of the raid for you so you have sort of an idea of what to do

4. Well I don't think I'll end up doing it until after new years but I'll probably just try to experience it as new

5. #1545 PigBenis696969, Dec 21, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2014
    Grinded on Destiny so hard this week. Grinded out Vangaurd and Crucible marks/commendations so i can buy the new legendaries to get me from 30 to 31 for the new raid. It sucked having to reolace my raid gear from the VoG, but not nearly as much as having to replace my exotic Helm of Saint 14 (helmet that blinds any enemy, pvp or pve that enters my bubble shield, makes me so OP) in favor of a generic helm with more light. Though the body piece from crucible is nice because it gives me more vex mythoclast ammo.

My buddy who has been waiting for a Helm of Saint 14 for like 2 minths now, gets an uograded version with 36 light from Xurs engram, so of course im a little salty. But i grind out the few motes of light i needed to get another engram, and i get the upgraded helm too! So fucking stoked man. Just need to get Crotas body, arms and legs to get to 32 now.

Anyways, after all this work to prepare for the new raid, my friends want to just get in on a Crotas End final boss checkpoint... Cheap. So im afraid im gonna have to put Destiny away for a few weeks and play other games ive acquired until they patch the new raid so you cant cheat and beat it im 30 sec. I wanna experience the whole thing the way Bungie intended. I spent 20 bucks on the shit after all. Gameplay is what makes this game fun for me, not aquiring new gear in 1 minute through cheating

Sent from my XT1080 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. #1546 I'm Not Sober, Dec 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2014

There's plenty of players on DLFG and /r/fireteams that prefer to do things the right way, no need to quit playing. Playing the raid for the first time blind is the best. I thought Crota's End was way cooler than VoG.

Edit: Just did my third and final VoG run of the week on normal for shards/energy and had my best loot yet. Got a Thunderlord & my second Gjallarhorn. I think I have all of the old exotic weapons now.

7. Thats awesome. I agree about Crotas end being cool. Ive only seen the first 2 sections of it and we did it blind. I was blown away by the first part, wandering in the dark. Then we realized we have to cure our darkness with the light from the lamps. I love the whole dark/light theme in this game.

Anyways, this game is more fun to play with mt friends, they just happen to like to get stuff the easy way and not the fun way. I may have to check out reddit tho, sounds much more mature than any other site.

8. Just went through the new raid with some buddies that had already run it a few times and I completely agree dude, half the shit we did we just cheesed. Not to mention waiting for people to log off and on to get chests with other characters. I dont consider that to be very fun. I did get relentless harness though so that was pretty cool.

9. The Destiny Reddit changed their banner and added animated falling snow. Every 30 seconds or so, one of these falls from the sky

[​IMG]

10. WTF is that? Can't really see it.

Ran the Crota last night before the reset. I got a chest piece and darkhammer or something like that. Its a sniper with 3 rounds but the clip refills with 3 head shots. Now I just need some gloves and I will have all 36 light armor.

It's sunbreakers falling from the sky.

What checkpoint did you get the chest piece from? I want it so bad.

12. Got chest @ first checkpoint. It looks so lame imo. I feel like David Bowie in Laberinth wearing it.

13. I did Crotas End last night with a couple friends and some randoms. First order of business "are we cheesing it all?"

Luckily my homies are some hardcore dudes and they stuck with me on not cheesing, the randoms agreed to it.

We got to Crota in just over 2 hours playing it all legitimately. Everyone had a blast. It was so much fun. Gaurentee you everyone had a good time gaming last night, much more fun than if we spent 15 minutes cheating through the whole thing and then not having anything to do afterwards and being "bored" with the game.

We couldnt beat Crota. But i blame that on it being late and everyone being tired. Plus 2 guys couldnt hear each other the whole time. Well get it next time tho.

I think im gonna try to put together a team of first timers today to do it with on my other character while i wait for my group from last night to return from Christmas. So if anyone is on xbox one and 31 let me know.

If only i could find the reddit raid finder...

www.destinylfg.net
    www.reddit.com/r/fireteams
    http://firetea.ms/

15. So glad I sold my copy of Destiny yesterday for $35. Check the marketplace last night and Dragon Age was $39 so I got that lol.

16. I was supposed to be playing Dragon Age for the past 2 weeks but the Destiny DLC threw my whole gaming schedule off lol. I still have to beat GTAV before i can start Dragon Age

17. Didn't you play the shit out of GTA on 360? Surprised it isn't beaten yet lol.
    I just lost interest, not a huge fan of running the same mission's over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over lol. And sometimes ya don't even get shit! Whole vault of glass run through and I didn't get a single shard or anything. I think that was the last time I played.

18. Nah i didnt play GTA on 360, i knew itd come to xbox one so i waited. The new raid drops stuff a lot more frequently tho. I still find both raids a whole lot of fun whether i get anything or not tho

19. same ive done vog so much but i havent gotten a thing other than a raid shotgun and a sparrow. everyone else gets awesome exotics. it kills me every time -.-.  my friend got timebreaker last night doing the nightfall and he already fucking has it. 

jaysuz.

20. Are the servers down for anyone else on ps4?