If scientists discovered that weed is sentient

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by gentleman, Feb 14, 2014.

1. Depends on how you define consciousness. An animal is conscious because it is aware of external objects. Plants can communicate chemically, release toxins when attacked by predators, and have a memory of seasons. In a way that's consciousness but is a different level of consciousness.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. This makes grinders sound so abusive

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Yup well least some brand names like cali crusher can double as a torture devices probable name...

4. Cured cannabis is technically dead.. a plant is capable of feeling stress. Not dried herb.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

5. I'd smother it to death then smoke it.

6. #67 mandrin13, Feb 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2014

This thread should probably be in Pandoras section, just because you use the word science doesnt make it so.  That said of course I would smoke it, I eat living things, I smoke living things, and I kill living things!  wait

7. If my herb could talk if find the coolest bud n he'd be my blazin buddy!

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

8. If my weed started screaming I'd be rich I sell it at top prices an say I got that screamer haha lol

9. #70 TesseLated, Mar 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2014
    Animals are something invented by plants to move seeds around. An extremely yang solution to a peculiar problem which they faced.
    ~Terence McKenna

10. I dont think "science" will ever discover plants "sentient" because the definition of "sentient" will simply be updated to refer to humans.

They will never consider more than a primitive chemical communication/response

Sent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. I'd be happy, because pussies would stop smoking weed probably, leaving more for me. 

12. Well considering most of us are carnivores, why would we care about plants. :confused_2:

"Some philosophers, notably Colin McGinn, believe that sentience will never be understood,"  Wikipedia(lol)     lets just go with that end thread/

13. You know, I would say that plants are in a way sentient. They are living things but just cannot communicate with us. They grow, consume food, water, need sun just like us. We don't like to think about this stuff since we snatch them out of the ground and use them for various things but anything you eat in my opinion comes from something that was living.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. I've already stopped eating meat and consuming almost any animal product or byproduct,

WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT FROM ME? :smoking:

15. #76 yurigadaisukida, Oct 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2014
    My thoughts exactly.

plants are the only thing left to eat...

Maybe someday humans will genetically.modify themselves to he able to get energy from the sun instead of food.

But eeven then we would need to consume "nutrients" (building blocks)

16. But sentience and.life are different

If you kill a human other humans become sad

If you kill a plant, other plants don't know or care

17. Lol probably one of the very few scientifically accurate things that guy ever said.  I liked McKenna, until he got all fuckin weird.

18. I'd smoke a kitten if it got me high...

-Loki

19. Fuck yeah I would. I'd talk to it, too.