If scientists discovered that weed is sentient

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by gentleman, Feb 14, 2014.

1. I used to think about this all the time, so yeah I'm still smoking. Of course, I will smoke in my weeds name :)

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. scientists can discover anything they want it aint real until i discover it

3. What if Cannabis actually makes THC to lure humans like us to smoke them and that way it can enter our body, the plants are behind all of this they are the real threat. Im really baked

4. #24 bongtokes6200, Feb 20, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2014
    well don't plants already kind of feel? like thats why people play music for them? idk i was watching mythbusters the other night and they were testing to see if plants felt, like yelling at them and hitting them and stuff but i think i passed out before the conclusion lol.

but to answer your question yes i would, with a big ol juicy steak on my plate too as i smoke that blunt.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. If I did find out this information. Then I would have wonder that if by smoking them, they are somehow trying to communicate something to me.. .. Somethimes I think about this when I'm high haha..

6. #26 DorianOmega, Feb 20, 2014
    Yes absolutely because we as humans would be giving marijuana purpose. Purpose for sentient beings is one of the most important aspect of existence, if we discovered marijuana was indeed sentient we would then probably be allocating more resources then on a mars mission to communicate with these sentient plants.

Now if we learned that smoking bud was the equivalent to murder and an infringing of freedom on these sentient being then absolutely would I quit and so should everyone else, but plants are lower on the food chain so would it technically be right to stop?

Problem is if bud is sentient then so is probably every other plant, vegetarians would have a hard time existing and herbivores in nature would be considered more violent mass killers then meat eaters, it would be very very hard to convey this to people of non scientific thinking.

7. a lot of people believe that you must be invited by a shaman to enjoy the intelligence of weed . same with dmt .. I dmt is the spirit molecule and dmt is in almost every plant, does that mean that every plant has a spirit ?

I'd smoke mice too if them shits would get me high!

9. #29 gentleman, Feb 20, 2014

I would argue that nothing has a spirit

Oh....Like them Zombie Bees....? Yeah, that'd be awesome.

All Hail the Hypno Weed
    [​IMG]

11. If no other worldly creatures come and make us pay for smoking their offspring, then yes of course.

12. ok well I can go that way too .. if our perception, feelings, thoughts etcetera are just chemicals and electrical currents to the brain then could you argue that the plant itself is the brain? the brain (plant) doesn't have neurons like our brain but technically still has neurons because of the transport of the energy from the sun chemicals from the environment ? I attached a picture of a neuron looks kinda similar to something ... just a thought:)

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1392914958.250977.jpg

13. That's a device of nature. Branching helps to maximize surface area.

I wouldn't argue molecule transport system to be similar to an electrical neuron driven processing center just because they both use Branching

14. Yep. Just like meat I only consume the final cured and prepared product. I'm not out hacking cows apart for flank steak or lighting fields of marijuana on fire.

So yes. Id continue to consume marijuana if it turned out to be a sentient creature. Just like I eat cow, fish and other LIVEstock

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity F

15. everyone can stop saying it's the same as eating because eating is mandatory

16. I would argue we eat far past our needs for sustenance. We eat a lot of our food for pleasure.

So, they are pretty relatable topics I feel when discussing the consumption of "sentient" life

17. No percentage of intoxication is necessary for survival

18. True truw Its actually been said that our natural instinct/ drive to eat it almost if not the same as the desire to find mind altering substances. Just something i heard.

19. And no quantity of food we consume is needed to survive. You need far less. We eat for pleasure over necessity

20. I am aware. But we have the capability to understand what is required and what is not.

Besides, speak for yourself, I personally gain no pleasure from eating.