Fire up the grill

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by GrooveWindow, Feb 13, 2014.

1. Oh man I want to grill so bad I miss me some good ol charcoal grill flavor.  It's -20c average out there though.  I guess I could fire up the propane grill.

What kind of Canadian am I?

/hangs my head in shame.  I seen em grillin in the -30c before.

2. Scallops on a skewer brushed with EVO, some garlic, and a little lemon are good too. Kingfish steaks:

Attached Files:

3. I cook 80% of the time out side on the grill all year round!!!   Love it!!!

4. if you got access to the seafood and sounds like you might,  Then get you some shrimp, blue crab, clams, corn on the cob, new potatoes, crab boil and then throw it all in a pot and cook on side burner.  Start with the potatoes then the claims then the corn then the crab and then the shrimp. we call it a crab bake here.  throw everything in the pot we have caught and add extra when done we drain it and you just help yourselfs

5. I just hate cooking in the dark since it usually is dark around 5, so I can't really see how things look and it takes long to cook.

Dude, that's what the cherry on your joint is for. :D

Best part about grilling????  LESS DISHES TO WASH!

7. now that looks good!!!

8. This is great stuff guys! I'm taking notes!

You can't hold no groove, if you ain't got no pocket.

9. AGREED!!!

10. I like to soak shrimp in a garlic/lemon juice/butter marinade for about 2-3 hours, then right before I throw them on the grill I put a tiny bit of Sriracha sauce on them. Gives a perfect light grill flavor with just a small amount of kick. Works great for stir fry or on top of steaks

How could I have missed that?  OMG King fish.  I used to eat those steaks at a Jamaican spot down the street.  Also Escovitch(sp?) Snapper.

This is torture I haven't eaten yet.

/off to the kitchen.

12. YES we do that too! Awesome feast. I haven't tried shrimp in it though. We catch blue crabs and sometimes I get stone crab claws from a friend who dives. We have to buy the clams. Besides fishing, we also go shrimping a lot on the south shore flats at night, crabbing a few times a year during the full moon off the north Skyway pier, lobstering in the Keys once a year at least, and scalloping near Crystal River during season. I've collected oysters a few times too but didn't really care for them. Wish I had more time for this stuff :)

13. My grill is on the screen porch so I have light but I know what you mean. This time of year it's dark when I leave for work and dark when I get home. Sucks.

14. Cheeseburgers with Montréal steak seasoning, lettuce, sharp cheddar cheese, and center cut bacon crumbles. :smoke:

15. Nuthin' like homemade burgers on the grill but they gotta be on a good bakery roll. Regular hamburg buns just don't do it for me. Pickle spear on the side too please :)

16. Toasting the regular buns help the taste considerably ime

17. Yes, definitely toasted but I still like good bread. Just a quirk of mine.

18. Same here, it helps the taste more than it would seem!

19. pretzel buns are the absolute best!

20. Never tried one. Where do you get those?

Also, if anyone has tips for cooking venison on the grill, I'm all ears. I've tried backstrap and steaks a couple times but they got too dry even though I kept the heat low.