Fire up the grill

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by GrooveWindow, Feb 13, 2014.

YES!! Sweet Baby Rays is all we use in my house. My dad worked at this food distribution place, and he got hold of some of it when they first started marketing it. They shipped cases to places for free. It took him a year to get ahold of them and make a dead and started pushing it out to his stores just so we could find it. That was way back in the late 80's

2. Isn't it great shit? Haha.
    You ever use a sauce called Country Bob's?

You can't hold no groove, if you ain't got no pocket.

3. I'm seeing that this thread was moved from "general" to "Great outdoors". I guess that works too!

4. sweet baby rays is the bees knees. love their original flavor, honey bbq flavor and the sweet and spicy. the cola one is no bueno though lol

5. #25 Bill O'Really, Feb 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2014
    Not a big fan of that one either. I'll take the original or the spicy and mix it 50/50 with some Texas Pete hot sauce and sauce chicken with it. WOW... that is the only thing that can be done with it. Adds kick! And is delicious on chicken.

6. No. I'll look for it tho.

7. It's the perfect sauce for everything! Do whatever it takes to get a bottle. Lol.

8. I didn't even know they made a cola flavor? Lol. Sounds gross.

9. No fancy recipes but I grill a lot too, year around. Steaks, chops, burgers, chicken, fish, sausage, brats, ribs, corn on the cob...:)

If I add a sauce like bbq, I generally brush it on during the last 10 or 15 minutes so it doesn't burn. I always salt meat like steaks and chops before they go on the grill and I never use a fork to turn stuff. Tongs only. For chicken I usually stick with dark meat like thighs or whole wings. Breasts always seem to dry out for me. I also do a lot of traditional barbeque as opposed to grilling where you push the coals to one side, put the food on the other side and slow cook over indirect heat. Google it if you're not familiar with the method, it's good stuff if you have the time. Sometimes I'll throw a few soaked wood chips in but I use a dedicated smoker for smoking. I only use charcoal. Gas just isn't the same.

10. @[member="MisterNatural"]
    Classic BBQ! I like it!
    Speaking of soaked wood (not what you think), do you ever plank grill salmon? I've never tried the method but I want to start!

11. Know about it but never tried it. It's on my list though lol. I live on the Gulf of Mexico and fishing is my passion so we eat a lot of fish, no salmon just stuff I catch. A lot of the fishing shows I watch have a cooking segment and I've seen the planked fish done a few times.
    Reminds me of a famous old time carp recipe:

Ingredients

Carp two medium sized fillet's
    1 lemon squeezed
    1/2 teaspoon Bay seasoning
    1 cedar plank large enough to fit fillet's
    1 cup olive oil

Directions

Combine lemon juice, Bay seasoning, and olive oil in a bowl. Place carp fillets in the bowl to coat with the mixture. After the fillet's are well coated place fillets on the cedar plank. Place in a preheated oven to 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until fillets are cooked. Remove from the oven, throw away the fillet's and eat the cedar plank.

:)

12. Pizza on the grill while grilling garlic corn on the cob

13. Stuff hamburgers,,,, stuff them with mushrooms, bacon and cheese...seal them up and grill them

14. @[member="MisterNatural"] I love the gulf! I've spent many a week lounging on the beach there! Whereabouts do you live?

15. if you are interested in cooking stuffed hamburgers on your grill, you buy a presser that does just that for cheep at cvs!!!  $10 but works great!!!  Grilled Shrimp or fish is good also, slow smoked brisket but that takes some work and you got be willing to spend the time keeping an eye on it.  A Smoker is even better if you have one of those for the brisket and then right before brisket is done put potatoes in the drip pan with the water below and let them cook in the juices of the smoked brisket!!!  God those are heavenly!!!

16. I sail out of O'Neill's Marina in St. Petersburg.

17. And I am on the Beach in NC

18. Nice! I usually spend most of my time up around Ft. Walton. Love that white sand!

19. If only I could grill in the winter without it being a pain in the ass. During summer usually cook 4-5 times a week on the grill for supper.

20. How about a grilled boneless chicken breast slice thin stuffed with cheese and broccoli chopped up. then take bacon and wrap up the stuff chicken breast you just stuffed.  Using tooth pics to stuff threw the bacon to hold it in place.  covering the whole chicken breast with bacon.  After stuffing your chicken breast take them out to your grill. have it on low to med heat depending on and cook it till its done.  don't go to high with the temp because bacon will burn.  On low to med heat and slow cook till done.  Little work making them but is worth it.