random car talk

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by docleary, Feb 13, 2014.

1. Looks perfect!!! Such a dope cruiser!

2. #1662 mercinariesgtr, Nov 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2015
    bad quality but gives a good idea of the car, in its entirety.

Edit:: so the purist are already hatin on the w123 boards. too bad they dont realize that a lesser man would have part'd this out and scrap'd it, i saved a w123 not ruin it (though i do realize its not in everyones taste). as t-swift would say(cant believe i just did that) , haters gone hate hate hate

Attached Files:

3. dope benz bro.

how's everyone doing? i sold my 318i again, and this time it got picked up.

now i'm hunting for an old 5 series, or 2002.

4. Looks rather subdued and clean if anything not sure why people would hate not like it's sticker bombed and fake rusted with boso pipes or some shit lol..

Screw the haters thing looks awesome ...every car community has purists that see through a straw like that.

5. #1665 invinciblejets, Nov 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2015
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1448725821.851266.jpg

The tail lights too?? Lmao

6. Been helping out a friend in his trim shop on Sundays and snapped a couple pics of what we been working on. These are going into a full resto'd rx3.

Attached Files:

• NO4.jpg
      NO4.jpg
      File size:
      96.2 KB
      Views:
    • NO5.jpg
      NO5.jpg
      File size:
      73.2 KB
      Views:
    • NO6.jpg
      NO6.jpg
      File size:
      89.7 KB
      Views:
  7. So great you guess are keeping these early rotarys alive......don't see many of a resto jobs for rx-anything here and if you do they usually go "racecar" route and strip everything.

8. It is good to see a lot of old car getting white wheeled tyres and original hub caps. Down here we call it "Granny spec" haha.

A pic of the rx7 storage bench.

Attached Files:

9. One thing I've always hated about the aus/uk spec fc rx7s ...the weird tail light trim to accommodate the wide license plates ..most cars it doesn't make a difference but to me it's to starched out I guess
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1449106691.618585.jpg

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1449106701.116812.jpg

10. so i was about to vape a bowl and was looking for something on netflix and decided to watch "the real rob" and one of the characters has a mint white w123 wagon diesel, decent amount of footage of it and they ride around in it. Same color interior as me also. just thought that it was neat and figured my blades over at random car talk are the only people who would see the draw of something like that.

11. Probably the last drive in the rx7 till I pull the NA turd out..figured I'd film it for shits and gigs kinda sad I won't be able to drive it but next time I do it will be ALOT better..

http://youtu.be/_-TJ_0dT4bQ

12. Scored this 15 hp 2 stroke short shaft outboard at the dumpster.. Nothing major wrong so far.. It's all been little crap like the pull rope didn't always engage.. The pump tell tail was plugged so it looked like it wasn't pumping water.. Fired and runs well on the stand in a trashcan full of water.. Time to clamp it on the dingy and do a full load test on the lower drive unit..
    8 hp long shaft on the boat now.. Think the dinks only rated at 10 hp so I'll have to watch my P&Qs not to jump the throttle hard out of the hole..
    [​IMG]
    BNW

13. #1675 mercinariesgtr, Dec 21, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2015
    sunday funday, got my drivetrain back in, took about 30-40 min to actually get it in. Way more time was spent putting my t5 back together and doing all the little things that need to be done before the engine goes back in. I reinforced my front subframe/engine mount location by welding some ten gauge steel to the top and bottom sides of the area. now just gotta build megasquirt for it, make a new exhaust and add front clip.

sorry for how big the pic is, im too llazy to resize it so y'all are gunna have to just deal w/ it

Attached Files:

14. anyone have any advice for buying a car off of craigslist without getting ripped off ?

15. can you handle yourself and how well do you know cars?

16. The usual advice.. Shop plenty before you buy.. Look over at least 6 of the same year, make and model so you have several to base your choices on..
    =============================
    Another parking lot find..
    [​IMG]

BNW

17. i've owned two cars before but wouldnt say i know a lot about cars. Im not sure what you mean by can you handle yourself though ?

18. craigslist can host some sketchy characters

I suggest you take someone with a little more knowledge than yourself

I am in my 30s and owned over 40 or so different vehicles and I still seek advice