random car talk

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by docleary, Feb 13, 2014.

1. Mods so far are just cosmetic-
    18" motegis
    25% micro tint
    2 12" JL w1 subs w/ JL amp

2. Cool, keep in mind COBB is just the easy way and is overpriced due to name, unless Subaru keep their word and start accepting COBBs mods under warranty, there are better alternatives(other shops). Also when ready for the 15 WRX, go for a 16. Stereo display unit is 20 times nicer and a lot of the 15s had a main harness issue which caused engine light to come on, also a rattle under the dash is fixed on the 16s. Either way you got a nice car.

3. Eh. If I ever swapped the 13b out it would be for a 3 rotor.

4. I agree with your driving style. Id much rather be on some backroads. Im personally into alot of 80s and 90s stuff. And i would love to own a e30 sometime in the future. HUGE fan of the straight six aswell. I wouldnt mind owning an e36 328 aswell. Me and my buddies are into toyotas of that same time period. The mk2 supra with the 5mge is such a fantastic car. Suspension designed by lotus. A 2.8 inline 6. Really preform well on some tight windy roads.

5. RIP Dean jones
    I owe you a thanks for getting me into cars as a child I would watch herbie the love bug over and over.
    My parents always knew I would be obsessed with cars because of that lol.
    The movie also helped seal me as the kind of car guy I am I like the underdog cars the ones everyone over looked. It was awesome watching that beetle destroy mustang and real sports cars lol

Attached Files:

6. Pulled the trigger on a tent I have been wanting for awhile. Its on sale with a free shower skirt. My back hurts to much to sleep on the ground. It will be on a single cab tacoma.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. would be cool if Audi LM diesel race cars could roll coal when they overtake.

8. #1568 mercinariesgtr, Sep 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2015
    yah it would. i floored it by my buddy yesterday in my benz and he said he saw smoke pouring out my side stack.....awesome(its out of my view when i drive). the lms don t show it because they re tuned spot on to be as good as possible and smoke is the result of excess fuel and which causes high egts.

9. #1569 El Duderino, Sep 7, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2015
  10. Don't forget to take a jug up there so when you have to piss you don't have to climb down the ladder at 4AM....[​IMG]

11. Roadkill... You disappoint....

12. yah but at the same time i was entertained for the whole show. Would have been nice to get something new, although the ratsun running is something new.

13. It wasn't bad per-say, but it wasnt worth a 6 week wait [​IMG]
    They think its seized.. I think they have a fuel leak in the carb which hydro-locked it.... We may never know [​IMG]
    If they do get it running, and address the cooling issues, that thing would be a BEAST!!!

Attached Files:

14. #1574 invinciblejets, Sep 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2015
    gnarly rx7

15. #1575 El Duderino, Sep 11, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2015
    are both those vids the same guy? almost a second difference between the two runs but the same trap speed. awesome.

first video, after he launches and starts to build momentum and gain his boost back, the rear lets go again when the boost comes on, looks like it freaked him out a bit. his upshift from 1st to 2nd looked a bit sloppy, but still prolly better than me. ive never been on a strip before. still faster than my cars. i think my Olds runs a high 15.

second video, the weight transfer on the upshift from 1st to 2nd looks like my Metro when i get frisky in it!

just as a reminder, those vids are quarter mile right?

16. #1576 invinciblejets, Sep 11, 2015
    yup 1/4 mile^ same car but I'd like to think different drivers but not sure saw the first video then went to his channel and found the faster run....
    And I'm not sure why everyone who drags rx7 s always runs stock suspension ....I feel like it slows them down big time with the squat.

Like this 8 second fc with stock suspension would probably be a half a sec faster with proper suspension thing was all over the place.

17. the texas mile stuff is where it's at tho!

18. #1578 mercinariesgtr, Sep 11, 2015
    someone i know whose big on dragging wastelling me that that is kinda what you want to have happen with your suspension.
    He said you want squat and to get all that weight on the rear so you can put all the power down and take the fuck off. This guy had bags and would take the presssure out so that it would do that when he launched. It was a big blocked monte carlo, 80's

19. #1579 invinciblejets, Sep 11, 2015
    Guess that does make sense^^^^I don't know crap about drag racing

Thinking about it I could see hard suspension giving massive wheel hop probably breaking axles and diffs.

20. Quick pic on my way back from lunch.

Attached Files: