random car talk

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by docleary, Feb 13, 2014.

1. Shot this Datsun 1600 Roadster

[​IMG]

2. Love those^ that color is awesome too

Ok my turn! Guess the ride!

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1428704687.966590.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. #1103 BrassNwood, Apr 11, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2015
    Good one.. Stumped me.. It looks Fiatish to me but can't be sure.. I'll run it past the wife for fun as she's even better then I am on some makes..
    Clean 3/4 ton burb in the lot at dinner..

[​IMG]

4. Yeah that one was hard
    It actually a German car which is why it has kinda a weird style for a roadster
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1428750302.165494.jpg

The first production rotary engine car.

5. just randomly dropped off 3 dozen assorted donuts to my mechanic's shop... happy gear heads...

the Harley is coming out today mofos!

6. #1106 mercinariesgtr, Apr 11, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2015

Theres a guy whose friends with someone i work with and lives in my town that has a pickup in that style and color (actually his is two tone) and a built big block in it and its super clean. The guy owns kens salad dressing, hes also gotta el camino thats a built big block car ( along with other sweet cars)

Got my turbo out and i have more time into cleaning turbo parts than the rest of this turbo rebuild(im talking about the whole process of removing the turbo too). This thing was more coked up than charlie sheen, i was thinking maybe not running a BOV was part of the issue but after taking it apart time was the issue. Ive had to scrape rock hard carbon build up out of every groove and race in the thing. I got a bunch of pictures (to aid re assembly) if anyone has something they wanna see. 

7. That sounds like a pain in the ass can't you just soak the stuff in some purple power or somthing a few days? maybe even kerosene idk never rebuilt turbo ..

8. Very good.. It's an Alpha Romeo the wife says so after looking at a 64 Alpha and a bit of internet digging turns up body by bertone.. LOL so we were both half way right..

Probably but that doesnt fit into my working all week, tons of time on weekend schedule. I let it soak for a few hours in carb cleaner and it didnt do shit to the caked on stuff. I think it would have worked but that stuff was so dense that it would have taken forever to fully penetrate. Turbos all rebuilt now, just got back from the gym, i am just waiting for my cousin to stop shooting so i can go work on the car without having to wear earmuffs. (he shoots like right outside where the  car is in the barn, then leaves shells everywhere....asshole). 

10. #1110 invinciblejets, Apr 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2015
    Can't believe I've been daily driving the rx7 this long.... ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1428848040.045791.jpg

11. Would love a roadster but their super rare down here.

12. So driving around in the mr and im still seeing white smoke intermittantly and smelling some oil burning but figure whatever, havent been losing oil, havent been leaving puddles in the driveway, good oil pressure etc. Today i get home and im like fuckit, this is starting to bother me so i get down and look around and sure enough the whole wrap on the exhaust is slightly smoking. I must have gotten some oil or something on it when it was out but damn. So i reset my trip odom when i first took the thing out and the exhaust has about 100 miles on it and its still cooking off some oil in the wrap. Before anyone suggest it may be an active leak I can say its not since its smoking in parts not near any oil sources. On a lighter note cars running well and HIDS/halos look dope. 

13. I didnt know the car, but just by seeing you posted it, i knew it was proly a rotary. Now i have some reading to do.

14. #1115 mercinariesgtr, Apr 20, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2015
    It was kinda hard to get pics, i ll try and grab one with the projectors on but the camera couldnt pick up the halos with the projector on. In real life even with the projector on you can see a nice separation of projector and halo. These are rgbs so i just took a pic of a few colors.

Attached Files:

15. #1116 BrassNwood, Apr 20, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2015
  16. Spotted this around the corner from work and stopped for a quick pic, Can't believe it's just sitting outside getting rained on and in.

Anyone wanna have a guess what it is before I say?

rx2.jpeg

17. That's a Morris Minor I'd say on the left partly hidden behind the tree.. Not seen much state side now days..

18. #1120 invinciblejets, Apr 22, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2015
    Is the yellow a mazda rx2 Capella?

Or

Maybe an old Mitsubishi Galant?