random car talk

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by docleary, Feb 13, 2014.

1. What motor?

2. d16y8, nothing fancy and it was naturally aspirated. He thinks maybe the oil pump went on it because it had oil in the pan when we went to drain it but it was real unhealthy, it went from a qt every 1000 to everytime you drove anywhere. Originally we thought it broke just because he drove 30ish miles and didnt calculate his oil use right (i.e. he only pulled over once to fill up instead of twice)

3. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1417969037.125308.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Grasscity Forum..💨⛽️

4. Dude, I just found out that my PCM cuts ignition spark if I'm spinning, even with traction control disabled. Wtf was the point of even putting the disable button in the dash??

So now I have to buy a tune and HOPE that the spark cut can be disabled. Don't know if the gambles worth 400-500 for the programmer + more $$$ for dyno tuning.

Wish I never got out of DSMs

5. Damn man... that's weak. Little things like that are what made me decide to just go full standalone.

Do you if they sell any kind of ignition cut defender for your ecu? I know with my 1jz HKS and Greddy sell a fuel cut defender that basically overrides the safety mechanism... not sure if they sell similar for aw11..

6. Doubt it. Modular Fords suck for thus reason. With mitsus I can just get an safc and trick the ecu, with this thing; no such thing.

7. Ahhhh shit, my bad man. For some reason I thought you posted the red MR2. Not sure about Fords or domestics at all for that matter. Lol

8. Basically:

5.0w cars before 94 don't cut timing at all. Those afterwards and the modulars do.

I just got done running a test. I have a cop friend who let me use my and his car as dummies.

The 2003+ cars, police or not; only skip the spark cut if you lay on the gas while tapping the brake, or while you burn out for (Maybe) 8-10 seconds or longer. It does it as a safety to the rear brakes and differential to keep from overheating.

9. I had a 2003 PI that would do brake stands all day maybe Police took that bs out so they can do burnouts lol

10. selling my subaru and bmw to clean up the yard and help fund moving halfway across the country.

figure i'll hang on to the sentra and drive it to the new location - it gets the best fuel economy, and is the most legal.

really sucks. for a minute i was considering using the subaru drivetrain in the e30. but life/love has other plans for me.

11. Dam that sucks man
    Where ya moving to? beg my pard

12. Sounds like an exciting life change :)

a city - new orleans. should be a big change after midcoast region of maine.

exciting and scary man, but yeah.  met an amazing woman, we fell in love despite her set departure date.

gotta see that through. seems to me to be a once in a lifetime sort of woman - the one who loves my e30 and passion for cars.

14. #654 invinciblejets, Dec 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2014
    NO huh that's cool defiantly a lot different then where you are at now.

15. yeah. by trade i'm a carpenter, so i'm applying to lots of non-profits (that pay a bit and don't drug test).

i also have to get out of what i'm doing here. shitty people, too many drugs, and not enough legal work.

i just have to leave "my" two flowering rooms and veg room behind.

16. #656 invinciblejets, Dec 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2014
    Got a koyo for my rx7 in the mail. Got it for cheap just have to bend some fins straights.
    I'll Probably put it in this weekend. Only fixing my exhaust today since it leaking and loud as balls 😝 ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1419012767.380078.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1419012778.565407.jpg

17. Currently looking for a new car.
    Credit isn't great, so I gotta shit out a high down payment.
    Shooting for infiniti m35 or m45 if possible. Or acura tsx manual.

Im 33 now, no more mods for me, other than tint and MAYBE coilovers....

18. #659 invinciblejets, Dec 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2014
    It's an s5 non turbo😔for now at least
    Just my fun cruiser/occasional drift slut lol

19. i dunno what the fuck nissan was smoking back in the late 90s/early 00s but it must have been some good shit because it seems like they got confused and made a bunch of grand touring race car family sedans around that time

2002 maxima GLE stock at 255hp? it has the same model engine as the same gen 350z hahaha. even with minor improvements that thing is already a decent sunday racer