random car talk

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by docleary, Feb 13, 2014.

1. unfortunately they are getting scarce, on the bright side your from america, I have the most ridiculous shipping fees on parts and troubles finding basic stuff that should be sourced locally.  :cry:  Keep those eyes peeled one may pop up. what else were u lookin at? 

2. To be honest I'm most likely dreaming I have my rx7 so I need a good daily preferably an auto so my
    girl can drive it too.
    I want a wagon of some sort..found a 5 series wagon I love but not sure I wanna go german on my daily...but I'm just ignorant.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Grasscity Forum..💨⛽️

3. Ah don't let her hold you back, take your lady to a nice big open lot and let her thrash on the old clutch for a bit haha. I did with mine, I have to say it is sad hearing your pride and joy buck and snort for a few minutes. but she learned decently quick luckily for my car. Even tho i have to admit my commuter is an auto and it is nice to just be able to lax out. 

4. Trust me she is NOT open to new thing and very difficult with cars. She's 21 still doesn't have her DL and has no immediate plan of getting it.
    So I'm hoping to persuade her lol.
    And I've never owned an auto since I was driving my parents cars so it would be nice to just throw it in gear and go.
    Rather than waking up at 6:30 to take my girl to work and have to start up the loud and harsh rx7 lol

e34 525iT has what might be one of the most dependable engines produced by bmw, the m50.

tourings are classy as fuck.

6. #586 invinciblejets, Nov 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2014
    This is the add looks llike a work horse wagon which I like and they do seem to be fairly reliable from what I'm reading I hope he still has it in a month or so.
    http://charleston.craigslist.org/cto/4696405674.html
    Kills me its auto but at least like I said my girl would be able to drive it.

7. solid price. a manual touring is actually pretty uncommon.

8. there's a manual alpine 525iT that's been going around craigslist here in maine. its turned up in two different towns since i started recognizing it. needs exterior trim and rust repair but if i were to do an air ride system, it would be in that chassis. the tourings are just beautiful. i think they made a few m5 tourings for the european market?

9. pretty sure I saw an imported m5 touring on bringatrailer not to long ago.

10. #590 mercinariesgtr, Nov 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2014
    got my whole car back together from doing the headgasket but its running like someone stuck a sock in the turbo, its got me thinking i skipped a tooth somewhere on the cams.... Once this is fixed im going to start specing out the parts needed for some new headlights. Im going to DIY my own projectors with some H1 bulbs, red demon eyes and orange halos. Was going to go with red halos but i figure i ll put the demon eyes on a switch and run the oranges off the drls/fogs that way i can turn off the red when i see the popo because technically you cant have red angel eyes(or red anywhere on the front) but orange is ok.

11. Sounds sick man! Careful with the red lights though.. definitely don't smoke and drive with those. Sorry to hear about the turbo too.. hopefully its something easy like adjusting cam gears.

Finally got my turbo mocked up to the manifold today.  I'm still waiting on my intercooler piping/intake piping to fully mock it up, but it does look pretty beast on the manifold.  Turbo wheel is about 2/3" larger than stock wheel, plus the exhaust wheel is metallic... no more ceramic weakness! Yayyy. lol

Attached Files:

12. going to look at a 318ti tomorrow after work. 155k, 5 speed, needs brakes for $900.

bf.c would be pissed to hear i'm considering it for a winter beater. but in my eyes, its just an e36.

13. #593 mercinariesgtr, Nov 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2014
    ordering a 4agze/tranny/lsd tommorrow, the blocked coolant passages and blowing the headgasket and stuff was no bueno for the 110k 4age in my car. I got like no compression left haha oops (50's and 60's when it should be ~140), i figure getting <50k mile 4agze is a good route seeing as it comes with all forged internals and a lower compression ratio just for boost. Also the tranny on my cars got a lot of movement in 5th and they re notorious for losing 5th gear in the early generations. The lattter gzes have a stronger/different tranny where this isnt a problem and because jdm it has a lsd. Apparently someone whose done it before can drop an engine in 90 minutes so i figure it ll take me a day/weekend, then it should just be plug n play and tweak the tune, voila. After this its not so much how much power can you make thats the question as it is how streetable do you want it to be ? HIDs are on the backburner haha, gotta get this bitch on the road before lights are important

14. was given a nissan sentra xe today by my extended family's preacher.

don't know shit about it, other than its an automatic and has a current inspection sticker.

15. AWD vs RWD?

Sent from my HTC One mini using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. Just bought a 1989 CRX with a b16 in it. The guy owned the car for 14 years and its if decent shape. I'm not sure if I want to flip it or park it in the garage.

17. Depends what you are doing... Drag racing, circuit, pulling, autox, offroad(trucks), etc

18. Wow these two strokes sound soooooo good

http://youtu.be/_y5jY76bqp4

19. Yeah, that uh....flux capacitor really...shakes when you kick it up to um....8th gear...

20. I have my engine and am pretty much ready to change em over. By the end of tonight i ll be all ready to put my new one in, i just have to get the engine from my work. I had it delivered to my job because there are people there to sign for it and its a "commercial" property so i got a better deal but now its blocked in place by two oil trucks which i guess i could move but my dad has a licensee/insurance and knows whats up so id rather have him move em, plus then someone else can help me get it into the truck (i have a lifting tailgate on the pickup). I could prob move the trucks but i ve only ever driven the older one and dont want to not flip a switch or something else important and mess up a truck