random car talk

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by docleary, Feb 13, 2014.

1. Thinking about doing a budget VIP build. It'd be easy just to go out and buy a load of bits to chuck on it, but where's the fun in that? I already have a Bentley, which is pretty much as VIP as it goes, but apart from paint and wheels, and a few bits and bobs, it seems sacrilegious to strip it and start again. I'm thinking I'll set myself a limit, maybe like £5k-£10k, price of the car included. Thoughts on which car to use? I've pretty much narowed it down to an old 7 series BMW, or an Audi S8, older model, my uncle had a 2004(?) which pulled like a bitch, 4.2l V8. If anyone has any suggestions on other models or anything I may have overlooked, please share :)

2. Dude go japanese for real vip style
    Older gs300 ls400
    Infiniti q45
    Be creative.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Grasscity Forum..💨⛽️

3. #503 DBV, Oct 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2014
    Its going to be difficult to go VIP with that much money... Best bet is probably a Beamer, decently dependable for their age.

there's an '83 733i factory five speed (!) in what looked like henna for sale near me. would look awesome bagged.

5. Audi A8 or BMW 7 series. If you're trying to look really different, 850 BMW.

6. my vote is for an e38[​IMG]

7. #507 invinciblejets, Oct 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2014
  8. I know it'll be difficult to go VIP for that kind of money, thats the fun of it :) I can weld and know how to fibreglass pretty well, also had quite a bit of experience with engines and the mechanical side of things. I have a friend who's an electrician who can help with that side of things. I'm planning this as a proper DIY project, making pretty much everything I can from scratch. I'll make my own seats, dash surrounds Etc. I want to try and do it with as little money as possible, I want it to be something I truly built myself, pretty much, but if I have to go over for the sake of the end result I'm not about to cut corners just to save my pride. Apart from uni, and the occasional stock meeting and consultation and shit, I can work on it pretty much whenever I want. Want to get a Varex exhaust to put on it to keep it nice and quite when I can. Sound insulation, to make it pretty much luxury inside, but no fluffy seats and gold bullshit. Been doing a bit more searching, looking at Lexus, BMW's, even a few old Merc's, but I really hate Mercedes for some reason so doubt I'll go that route. Just as a side note, if any of you haven't checked out "Mightycarmods" on youtube, that's the sort of idea I'm going for, budget build, but I plan on spending a lot of time doing this car and want it to look good. I haven't decided yet whether I'm going to get an old beat up piece of crap with a blown engine and drop a new engine in, or spend the extra up front for a piece of crap with a half decent engine in it :/

9. Hell yea man, I used to watch mighty car mods all of the time. Lol.

Honestly, the safest, but most costly way is to buy a beater and tear out the motor and restore from ground up and swap motor. If you buy an older car, the motor will have issues even if not for seen at first. You'll at least want to rebuild motor for proper build. Tuning/modding an old motor is always risky business..

10. I plan on rebuilding the engine if I kept an old one in, and I think I'd feel better having a newer engine in it, even if it's only newer in the sense that it's done less miles. If I get a car without a turbo, I'm definitely going to turbo it. I fucking love them. Anything I get, will go straight into my garage, and get completely stripped back to just frame, shell and engine, then go from there. Hopefully get around to drawing up some designs in a few days ( Just by hand, CAD is the bane of my life at the moment), just to get a feel for it. Suicide doors and scissor doors are played out, but I'll still end up putting suicide doors on the back just for shits and giggles. One of the things I REALLY want is a fridge or bar in the back, just a small one. No idea why, I just do xD

11. Get an SC300.

12. just went out to start my car to get her warming up, so i can pick up a girl and go to breakfast.

apparently pulled into the driveway with the odometer at an even 380,500.

which means 426 miles since i registered it last month.

13. checked my oil due to a couple of odd noises i was hearing and found it was 3/4's of a quart low. so i'll say 450 miles per quart of 20w50.

14. im having oil issues too, i have a leak thats really fucking me up even though everything runs so well. Im thinking that maybe it is a head gasket, real shitty but also not THAT bad, can be done in the car in a day or two

15. Shit I go threw easily a quart every hundred miles or less I need to change my oil it's all gas diluted from it getting flooded...rotary problems

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Grasscity Forum..💨⛽️

16. Rotella 15-40

17. my cars losing oil down the front of the block.....now that i think about it it was a small leak before the turbo, just enough that over a couple days it d leave a spot and it doesnt leak now when its not in boost but once the boost hits it squrits out. It doesnt help that in the 4age the whole crankcase gets pressurized when you go turbo because there is no check valve on the pcv and it is routed after the turbo. going to check on it today to see exactly whats up before getting HG stuff. man does she pull though, its rediculous what a little snail will do to a 2000lb car with a 1.6l engine.

18. thinking about a dodge charger for my next ride... black on black or white on black... next year sometime.

i've been thinking of using a lower viscosity oil during the winter months.

rotella a good brand? (its a shell product, right?)

20. how muh oil does your car take? mobile 1 is only 22 bucks for 5 qts at walmart. I hate to say it but im a bit envious of your quart per 450 mile oil consumption. Thats something i could at least live with, im dumping a quart in 5 miles.