random car talk

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by docleary, Feb 13, 2014.

1. nah i'm from maine.. was just wondering if it would be worth it to offer herb in trade. but i can't really do less than $200, so fuck it.

pulling the engine from another early model e30 318i. 143k mile m10 engine/ getrag 240 transmission.

plan is to build for turbo, and use my m10 block for something crazy.

2. bumper sticker i saw on a vw bus:

"i beat up four hippies and all i got was this old van"

3. cool well if you want to burn id be down (assuming your not some 40 yr old whose gunna chloroform me) i ve never met a blade IRL. Id also be careful offering people weed for stuff on craigslist, especially since you dont wanna be caught with more than an oz in mass. I m not 100% sure but i tihnk that because its decrim for a zip or less they made it harsher if you have more than an oz becaues more than likely you are not gunna use all that yourself.

4. #444 docleary, Sep 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2014
    hell yeah i'll bring a small amount of some of the best maine has to offer. i've met a couple. and i'm 24 haha.

would be really interested in checking out your stable and projects.

edit - my parents just gave me the subaru with the fucked up engine.

5. #445 mercinariesgtr, Sep 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2014
    yah sounds good, ever go to harvest fest? i always wanted to go when i was up at unh. Im 23 btw and yah my toyota may actually be out of the barn by this weekend..depends on what sort of suprises i run into. The nugs i have right now were actually grown by someone in the area they are super stanky.

edit:: Didnt get tons done today as far as my list of things to finish but what i did accomplish were huge as far as wrapping things up. I got my turbo all "clocked" which required a couple days of pb blaster and hits with a rubber mallet, then about 45 minutes of fighting the retaining ring on the compressor. Once it was opened up i cleaned the turbo up and reassembled so that it works great with my set up. I got my second o2 sensor bung welded into my exxhaust and painted the whole thing so that i can wrap it without worrying too much about corrosion ( the exhaust is a cannon btw 3 inch all the way no cat) and i figured out my oil relocation which ended up required i cut a bolt and fabricate my own center peice to go through the sandwich plate and attach to the filter relocator. Now im pretty much on the home stretch, intake pipiing (which is sitting in a box ready to go), oil pan drain (pan drops easy in this car, just unscrew), and clean up some hack wiring someone else did while i have the engine bay somewhat cleared out.

6. I almost forgot to post the pictures from the Indy car event I went to.  Had a blast and got that horsepower fix I've been needing to scratch.  Got a few good shots with my crappy camera.  And fuck verizon because their stupid freebie bag ripped and my camera fell out and now I have to tape it to hold the batteries in.  Anyways, the sounds were what really made the experience, a couple of the spots on the track had me giggling it was so rowdy and raw!  Even found a nice spot to light up a spliff and experience an awesome turn up close.  Well here are a few shots for the gearhead blades.  :bongin:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] and yes thats me with a bloody mary  :yummy:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Just wondering on people's opinions on Bentley / Rolls Royce? I have a 2012 continental GT I bought second hand about a year ago, thinking about selling it and getting a Rolls instead but don't know if I want to make the jump. The GT is a luxury car, but it still has the kind of sporty look. If I did go for a Rolls, I'd get the wraith, the phantom is too square and boat like in my opinion. If I didn't get the wraith, I'd probably keep the GT but just modify it slightly, but there isn't really that much you can do without making it look tacky :/

8. Go for the rolls if your going to have a luxury car get a real one not a confused Bentley...
    Lucky you tho got some pics of her?

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Grasscity Forum..grabba dabba goo

9. Yeah but none that I'd put on here, it's pretty distinctive, I haven't even put an pic's on my facebook or anything. I'll try and get some pic's up if I do end up getting one, it most likely won't be as distinctive, but at the moment it's a bit... colourful... I can put some pic's up of my range rover though?

10. Yeah bentleys tend to stand out especially if you have anything custom lol

11. i saw a gt in the center of town yesterday with a poorly fitted, ricey, bodykit. I just shook my head.

12. Heres a pic of my exhaust all wrapped and ready to go on the car along with my turbos ghetto boost reduction system. Basically its a spring that assists the wastegate so i can adjust it all the way from super low to stock boost, ultimately it will be left at a low setting with megasquirt controlling a boost solonoid that will open to allow air to reach the wastegate. Its mainly a safety thing for the intial start up and testing of the car.

Attached Files:

13. Looks good! that bitch is gonna be loud^

14. yah hopefully the turbo does a lil something to make it quieter because thats 3 inch all the way no cats and that muffler basically does nothing (was on my tdi for a few years before falling off in may) the whole thing maybe has 5 feet of piping

15. True turbos do quiet an exhaust alot

16. i fixed all the wiring and once again i have a car that will actually start. i am looking at my to-do list and its all little things/reassembly. I am really excited to drive this car again, even if im going to be running like 1-2 psi at first its just such a joy to drive in its N/A configuration.

still haven't heard any word from the seller. but i'll keep you posted.

harvest fest, like in starks on harry's hill? i used to go to most of harry's festivals but don't anymore.

i've got dice right now. i'll try to bring down ECAD or MOB.

18. Washed my dirty ass vert today can't really tell tho paint is fucked but I don't care. Lol
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1411138161.722778.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1411138193.925979.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1411138296.198802.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Grasscity Forum..💨⛽️

19. #460 docleary, Sep 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2014
    solved a temporary issue i've been having with my car. battery i scavenged is too tall by about an inch, so i couldn't latch the hood. it opening in reverse with a heavy hinge on the front meant i wasn't worried about losing my windshield over it, but it still bugged me. plus gave cops another reason to stare at my car as i drive by. due to my car's lack of an inspection sticker, it had to be remedied. so after trying to put washers on the roller to negligible effect, i simply removed the roller on the passenger side, where the battery is located.

now it looks like a swapped car on that side haha. i'll have to take a pic to share in case my explanation isn't detailed enough.