random car talk

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by docleary, Feb 13, 2014.

1. There's nothing plain about them to me.

2. #362 mercinariesgtr, Aug 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2014

A flapdisk or whatever is your friend with fluxcore. I ve also heard that a lil pam will make it so none of the spatter sticks but that negates the whole idea of having a clean work piece for welding.

edit:heres a pic of the manifold, still gotta wirewheel it/acetone it and give it some paint. as i said earlier its not pretty but it ll do, its definitely better than a cast iron log manifold. stuck my led hheadlamp in it and no holes so its good to go. As of right now this is the first and only thing i have ever welded so.....

Attached Files:

3. today a regular customer at my shop came in today for to re-balance the tires on his old Jeep CJ. when he pulled in the lot, i thought there was a bread truck behind him. but the diesel clatter was "Cummins" from his Jeep. turns out he did a Cummins 4BT(3.9L/4cyl.) engine and transmission swap a couple years ago. gave me something to read about when i got home. most interesting swap on a Jeep ive ever seen. sure ive seen some different V8 swaps for old CJ's but a compact diesel like that?!? awesome. i asked about weight difference and he says its about 500 pounds more than the old straight 6. but the weight difference was offset  because he effectively doubled his fuel economy. probably the most practical engine swap ive ever seen.

guy that owns my old amc eagle has a blue cj with a cummins. definitely badass and as you said, practical.

5. #365 mercinariesgtr, Aug 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2014
    4bt is a great swap for lots of things. Not to mention you can put pretty much any aftermarket stuff from the 6bt on em so they have huge aftermarket support and performance upgrades.
         On another note i got the mani wirewheeled and painted and put my timing cover and waterpump back on the 5.0, still looking for a c-clip that i broke when replacing a part in my t-5. Its the c clip that holds the reverse assembly and its like the last fuckin piece as far as having the whole tranny buttoned up and i cant find the right sized clip anywhere. delays like this really annoy me. Also got my diypnp set up with the boost control solonoid to run megasquirt ordered today

6. #366 docleary, Aug 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2014

what is all that going into?

edit - my car is almost legal! insured it yesterday, registered it today, now all i need are some tires and an inspection sticker. but i'm gonna go carve up the fresh pavement with bald tires before the dew burns off.

7. the 5.0 and t5 are for my e36 and the turbo shits for an aw11

8. I got my front mount heat exchanger for the A2w intercooler mounted up today. It has to go infront of the radiator (at least thats what they say) and has a pull fan on the back of it. I had to remove my air conditioning to make this all happen but it was dead anyways (not a big a c person anyways). Did a lot of hacking because i wanted to install it in a way that would allow me to remove/fixleaks/fill it without hating my life. That being said heres some pics, its in there secure as fuq now and has the hoses on it and all that stuff, its also worth mentioning that it was WAY BIGGER than the air conditioner. Hood still opens and closes well which is good, still have to wrap up the install tommmrrow/run the hoses to the rear. the twine in the pics is holding my liscense plate up and outta the way. Also tossed in a picture of the bmw and the v8 thats all ready to be in the car if it wasnt for tracking down stupid conversion parts/fixing the transmission and other boring things. Literally have the car prepeed, harness made, just need a drive shaft and some odds n ends.

Attached Files:

9. #369 Scars, Aug 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2014
    Is that the old school Superchanged MR2????!!!!

Can we be Toyota buddies????!!!! (no homo)

That is such a cool car. My wifes uncle had one back in the day and it was really fun to drive.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. #370 invinciblejets, Aug 30, 2014
    It's an na mr2 he's turboing the 4age^

I love all aw11s tho

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Grasscity Forum..grabba dabba goo

11. #371 invinciblejets, Aug 30, 2014

I love classic toyotas
    I miss my st162 celica

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1409405301.995131.jpg

Attached Files:

i thought i remembered you talking about a 5.0 e36. that'll be dope, eh?

13. #373 Scars, Aug 30, 2014
    Wow dude, that white Celica looks killer! You did a really good job with the styling. Nice and simple with a little bit of grunt.

I would sell my left nut to get into a Celica All Trac.

You're right, Toyota has been years ahead of the game from the start. I love them all.

14. I've been looking at st162s for a daily May pick one up again just has to be 3sge this time so 3sfe bull shit
    Would love to look at st165 altrac but it's hard finding one in any condition period

15. Would love to put this in a st162
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1409427452.130396.jpg

16. #376 invinciblejets, Aug 30, 2014
    And put one of these ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1409427680.147090.jpg
    In a ra64 notchback for nostalgia sake
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1409427703.684739.jpg

Ahhh I love toyotas

17. If you've wrenched on old toyotas, you know this symbol
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1409427943.268904.jpg

18. My favourite car at the minute.

http://youtu.be/pYkbfGKdSQI

19. #379 Scars, Aug 31, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2014
  20. #380 Scars, Aug 31, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2014
    This car is used for the President of Japan. A limousine called the Toyota Century. Used for Japanese Royalty, government officials and other top ranking executives.

They come with a V12 engine that is basically 2 inline 6 motors fused into one. Twin independent intake systems, twin ignition systems with 2 ECUs. 

I would live to stuff this motor into something here stateside.

[​IMG]

Twin Turbo version stuffed into a Supra by Top Secret.

[​IMG]