random car talk

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by docleary, Feb 13, 2014.

1. Striping parts off my crown Vic today got some guy who needs whole front fascia.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum..grabba dabba goo

Nice, how far away in the part out are you from making your money back on it?

3. Already am inherited from my dad so all profit
    It's the police model so had front push bar sold that by itself for 200$ bout to sell
    head light, left fender, front bumper, hood and all brackets and hardware for 150$
    And might have junk yard come get it for 300$ after or may continue parting it out depends on how much my neighbors like having a car with no front sitting in the driveway haha

4. #204 invinciblejets, Jul 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2014
    Fuck this thing I need a break
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1406747220.820436.jpg

5. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1406755829.753353.jpg

Got shit done made some money got stung by wasps.
    now tomorrow gotta pull the gas tank that's gonna be fun with a full tank of gas......fml

6. #206 invinciblejets, Jul 31, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2014
    Fuckin ten year old car and I'm cutting bolts off wtf I expect this with my 25 y/o rx7 and wtf is up with ford and 5/16
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1406820016.186650.jpg

7. #207 invinciblejets, Jul 31, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2014
    Anyone have any ideas for draining 18 gallon of gas out of the gas tank?
    with out wiring the fuel pump because I'm not putting a battery in it.

Where the fuck am I gonna put 18 gallons of gas?

Something big an pokey and a kiddy swimming pool.  Fuck that gas tank.

orrr you could siphon

9. buy a few jerry cans and a hand operated siphon from walmart.  do you have the time to prep it for demo derby?!?

im thinking of plasti-dipping my Metros bumpers and side trim black. right now, they're several shades of dull grey/graphite and sun bleached white. i thought of doing them white like the car but th cars paint is so dull and crappy, i fear the spray wont match real good and will look extra trashy. the whole car's clear coat has all peeled away and the paint looks like it was sprinkled with water, even when its dry. 
    at least with black it will all be solid.

10. Fuck it guys buying whole car I told him I'm not doing all that work for 100$ so selling it to him for 500$ tomorrow
    Should demo derby that thing I hate it and would love to see it die!

11. all you need is a cage, fuel cell, and racing seat and harness.

12. That's probably what it will end up as it's a good car but no title perfect for demo but I know my rx7 could use the cash.

13. if you did demo, you are required under Grass City law to record the event and post it here for ALL to view.

14. True story^
    Hah

15. man. that would be the most badass thing. im putting that on my bucket list. Demolition Derby. i wonder if they'll let me wear a headset or headphones with Metallica's, Damage Inc. and Fuel playing back to back for the duration of the derby. truly magnificent.

16. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1407000993.676248.jpg

17. #217 mercinariesgtr, Aug 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2014
    picked this up last week, so far so good. its not perfect but it is 100% worth the 1200 i got it for. So far i ve done 6-7 hundred miles and had it run for pretty much 5 hours straight with no hiccups. Interiors mint, new tires, paints meh (good from a far but far from good), and the driving experience is amazing, thing loves corners and  pulls nicely, sounds great above 3k and pulls hard above 3k. The hood doesnt quite close all the way but im sure i can fix that easily, i checked out the front end and it doesnt have the signs of an impact/repair(theres of metal that holds the bumper that gets rusty, if original it should look rusty, if its new you gotta problem). Car has 100k on it.

EDIT::i didnt realize how little it looks next to my truck haha, i shoulda parked the truck, then my vw golf, then the mr2 to show how little and low it really is.

Attached Files:

18. Love the aw11 awesome addition
    4age engine is just a masterpiece

19. Going to the junk yard tomorrow pretty sure
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1407023276.854766.jpg

20. I take it you prefer your car to look good and not drive good lol.