My first grow and im concerned. whats this mean?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by RedNeck Budz, Feb 13, 2014.

1. The way to think about this is that your plant will always grow a huge elaborate root system before it starts growing significantly above ground. You want a good pot size first of all (3-5 gallons is pretty standard for small time indoor growers). The amount of time that it will take your plant to fill that space with roots is entirely dependant on the amount of light of the correct spectrum. If your plant doesn't have enough light and its trying to fill a bucket with roots it will take forever.

2. what would u suggest for light after it sprouts? could i throw it under a 600 watt MH?

3. yes, but most people who do a 2 room setup find that 400w mh is a good combo with a 600w his for flower. Supposable doing this result is in each room finishing at the same time so all u have to do is one big transition each 2 months..

4. true. well i would have to get another fixture to do a 2 room set up. im thinking of using my 600 MH for the vegetation and when its time to flower switch to my 600 HPS. think its a good idea?

5. Ya, it'll be nice

6. MG.....thats the only thing that looks real wrong. they might be a little stretched.  you would have been better off with straight promix. that MiracleGro stuff is really no good, grab some promix if you can, mix some EWC in there and thats at least a good start. at this point you could transplant into that new mix whenever your ready. 

7. yea i really just took them out of a cub and put them into a pot