Annoyed that my girlfriend is going vegan...

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by NeRDxARCHON, Feb 12, 2014.

1. just keep in mind how you feel about her being vegan is how almost all vegans are treated when they say they do not eat meat. everyone right away is like omg bacon and steak....... it is her choice let her do what she wants to do.

I like meat and go off and on vegetarian. it isn't something I do on purpose its just that meat is fucking expensive! its cheaper for me to eat rice and lentils for a week than it is to eat bacon and steak lol.

and while yes people are omnivores, we have the decision to make what we eat. just because I can go outside and eat a roach doesn't mean I am going to right? if I want to eat meat I can... if not I wont. she is an adult and you are too so just let things flow. chances are she is going to see how incredibly hard it is to go a 100% vegan life style and it wont stick anyway.

Why did she decide to go vegan in the first place?

2. i wonder if they are still together? 

3. Vegans tend to have more health problems than us mighty meat eaters. They look very unhealthy too..

Sent from my G526-L22 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. I couldn't go vegan because its too much work and I love meat. All my meals are very basic and simple. I maintain I guess you could say.

Eggs for breakfast, sandwiches for lunch, meat every night at dinner. Of course I throw in some other easy things like banana's, apples, green beans, etc with whatever meal I'm having.

I like to eat and I don't want to think about every little thing I'm eating... I just grab it and go. 

5. Don't let yourself get too steamed up about it... Think about the bright side of it, the healthier your girl eats the better her kitty tastes. Lmao

hellllllo, kitty

7. Maybe the irritation is coming from you feeling challenged? If you're completely confident in your lifestyle choices, then her choosing to be a vegan should only require meal planning, and nothing more. It shouldn't provoke any emotions.
    I'm a vegan, and while I'm not too in your face with it, with most of the world, my husband went vegan for our relationship and our family
    I find with something like this, the couple has to be on the same page. That doesn't mean you have to go vegan, but it does mean that you and her have to be comfortable and not bothered by each other's choices.
    For my husband and I, our choice was veganism, we have a child though and we agreed that this is the best choice we can make for our family.
    I have a vegetarian friend who's been with her meat eating husband for 11 years and has a child who's mostly vegetarian. A vegetarian friend who's been with her vegan husband for 10 and has two vegetarian kids.
    It can work, you just have to figure out why you're emotionally reacting to her decision. Once you get past that, it will become no big deal.. She might be excited or proud or whatever and want to talk to you about it. That's fair, it's a new lifestyle. It's normal and it will fade and not be so new anymore.

I'm a vegetarian and I can confirm that I enjoy giving head and I know what i'm doing :laughing:

9. #129 s A t I v A, Nov 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2014
    you rock

10. [quote name="NeRDxARCHON" post="19859967" timestamp="1397658032"]Update: she caved. She's a vegetarian now but every now and then, she gets stoned and eats meat. Haha.

I hope it's something she feels okay with. It would suck if she has negative feelings about caving and decides that you are partly to blame. If she's fine with it then that's awesome for both of you! I just hope you're not putting out her passions. I ate meat for 2 years and it was a sign that I was broken and didn't care about the things that made me, me. Just make sure she's happy! Good luck.

11. What kind of health problems? Seems odd that you thing decomposing flesh and meat is healthier

12. its only seems odd because you used words that make it sound bad

Scientifically speaking meat is extremely healthy

-yuri

13. #133 BlazedGlory, Nov 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2014

If he's eating decomposing meat he be doing it wrong :laughing:

It's true that a vegan diet can be nutritionally sound, but it's also true that lots of vegans don't do it properly and end up with nutritional deficiencies.

I'm pretty sure a large percentage of non vegan regular omnivore's don't do it right either and end up with nutritional deficiencies as well.

15. lol, Why would you feel angry about this? You sound like a shitty boyfriend... Either respect her decision or let her find a better partner who will.

Well less so, because really the big issue is getting enough protein without eating meat, you need to eat a lot of certain types of veggies to get enough, just eating carrots, cucumbers, peppers, etc. won't get you enough.

It's just a diet that takes more effort, and lots of people do it but don't put in the necessary extra work.

17. #137 Brother Urb, Nov 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2014
    Yeah I never understood those people.   I find it pretty easy to get my protein, along with everything else.  Simple as drinking hemp seed protein(or other form of protein) and popping some vitamins every day.  It's actually easier than preparing meal.

Not a vegan btw.  Just a vegetarian.

indeed. one has to consume a lot of protein on a vegan diet. 
    especially if a vegan consumes fruits and therefore a large amount of carbohydrates, that would lead to disasters.

it's not that vegan diet is inherently bad .. it's that most people are doing it wrong. (i guess that's true for most diets).

19. #139 yurigadaisukida, Nov 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2014
    The vegan argument as I see it though, is that technology has brought us past the need for.meat

You can get vegan protein supplements from the nutrition store next to whey protein.

In.fact most things can be supplemented now days

Since we can get protein from.other sources, why enslave animals?

Basically we evolved, and with great power.comes great responsibility. Technology removes the need to animal food products

-yuri

20. This guys got it! Please, do your research if you live in America, look into the GMO's that are contained in 80% of our foods, the pesticides that are quickly becoming stronger each year. I have been a victim of this poison, and now I will have to live with gastrointestinal issues for the rest of my life. That's serious, something that does not make life happy, or fun. Medical bills just keep stacking because I was tossed around with doctors, before I realized I needed to see a Naturopathic to get any real help. All I'm asking is to do the research, inform your families. Don't become a victim of this massacre.
    This is not something to turn your heads to any longer. My job consists of looking at 1000's of medical records all night, It's probably an estimated 70% that are gastro related. They have just approved of a new agent to be used for next years agriculture to combat the adapting enviroment. This pesticide will contain about 50% of the chemicals used in Agent Orange, the shit we sprayed all over Vietnam back in the war. Just do your research, we can't even get GMO labeling on the foods we eat, because of the massive misinformative campaigns that are pumped with multi-million funds. Watch out blades, the world is getting crazier each day.