Annoyed that my girlfriend is going vegan...

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by NeRDxARCHON, Feb 12, 2014.

1. Yea.... that would be nice. Its BS though kol

Sent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. It is not BS. I am serious. Google is your friend. Hope your vegan is not defective.

3. #103 mrs. illadelphin, Aug 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2014

http://www.infowars.com/soft-killing-the-american-people-using-toxic-food-toxic-water-and-toxic-vaccines/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOYkjt9F81c

Well just for the BASIC very skimming the top of the surface, we could mention, the rampant amounts of coloring used even though we have determined them to have poisonous effect but the FDA in America allows it. Food coloring is banned in 98% of Europe and Asia, but...check what you're eating. Even healthy "natural" foods are sitting there laden with chemicals... 

Listen to that album, MF DOOM knows...

but that's just the tip of the iceberg..

We may be willing, but not many people are given a choice to know the truth and once they know if they choose to continue on living that way, then what else is there to say? Good riddance, I guess.

4. You don't make friends with salad

Omega369

5. I suggest doing your own research though. I don't consider anything from ANYONE to be an absolute fact, I have to do my own investigation. But once I find these things to be true I don't sit back and act like they aren't out of convenience. I still eat this awful shit most of the time too....why? because it is readily availible, not expensive, and hell it was created by scentists to be addicting and it is! hooorayy for MSG and fat salt and sugar!! the kings!! 

sigh...

anyways, the truth remains:

all disease can pretty much be avoided, all lifestyle ones especially could be cured and taken off the map if we just changed our habits and lifestyle. But no one wants to do it we are all too spoiled and lazy... 

obesity is only being treated from the outside with toxic diet foods..

it's depressing

I can only pray people start doing their own thinking soon enough because it's insane how much of it is not conciously thought about or even talked about anymore.. People want to debate on things that are true and completely unavoidable. You want PROOF of what I am saying? Look around at this country, the evidence speaks for itself.....@[member="yurigadaisukida"]

6. Just let it go man. It's her choice, support her and if she falls then help her out a little.

If she decided on meat again say 'I told you so'.

My sister is vegan and we've had many a debates and said it's best that everyone does their own thing. I cut down on meat though especially processed meats.

7. I'm still waiting for evidence of conspiracy.

All I see is buisnessss trying to make money of people.

8. Ezactly. Meats gross

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

con·spir·a·cy
    <div style="font-size:large;">kənˈspirəsē/
    <div>noun

1. \t\t<div style="margin-left:20px;">\t<div style=";">\t<div>a secret plan by a group to do something unlawful or harmful.
      \t 
      \t 
      \t 
      \t 
      \t@[member="yurigadaisukida"]
      \t 
      \t 
      \twhat more evidence do you need? there is no seperation now in our government there is too much corporate influence it is a conflict of interest because now the manufacters profit is of more concern than the consumer (general populaton) SOOOO when the CEO of one of these companies is on the board of the FDA doesn't that seem kind of unlawful or harmful to us as a public? when they discover these things are poison elsewhere, they are removed from shelves and discontinued, and here, we leave it up to the consumer to be knowledgeable on what they eat, which means leaving them uneducated to make an improper choice. the government needs to be concerned with the health of the public not the profit of Coca cola company. But we all know this isn't the case...
      \t 
      \t 
      \t 
      \tthese people control everything that is effecting everyone. captializing off of human suffering sounds like a major conspiracy to me especially when most people are oblivous to what is happening to them...
      \t 
      \t 
      \t 
      \t 
      \t 
      \t
      \t</div>\t</div>\t
    </div></div></div>

10. Look into the lobbying that goes on with big buisness, it's the ILLUSION of a choice 

[​IMG]

we are all blind to it

11. same thing happens with elections though.....

they're all staged...

if you want to VOTE... VOTE WITH YOUR MONEY!!! 

stop letting people make profit off of your poor health 

~~~ 

there is an app called 

BUYCOTT 

I suggest you all download it and find causes you care about, that way you can find out if the products you buy are harmful or not

12. Vote with your money.

Something we can agree.on. this is basically how politics should work

13. Oh look, another ridiculous health thread on GC where nobody knows wtf they're talking about.  :love:

14. ummmmm

That's health in general not just grass city.

Have you ever read a university published peer reviewed study?

Sometimes they are absurd.

I read one from (Oxford?) Idk one of those big name schools. It claimed red meat is responsible for a 20% increased mortallity rate

Their findings did indeed show that people who ate red meat had shorter life spans overall.

But after reading the detials of the study, you find something interesting.

The majority of "red meat eaters" consumed a high percent of their meat in the form of processed meat. Thinks like spam and Bacon.

The majority of non red meat eaters, ate lots of fish.

The majority of fish eaters, were typically more concerned with health, and were less likely to smoke/drink; and.more likely to exercise.

The opposite was true of red meat eaters. People who didn't care about their hhealth ate lots of Bacon, drank, smoked, and were out if shape.

So what the study really proved is that people who are lazy, drink, smoke, and eat lots of processed foods, have a 20% shorter average life span.

The red meat itself wasn't proven to be significant. But even so the study was published and claims against red meat were made

Yeah these observational studies may not speak volumes, but we have substantial proof and links of animal consumption to INCREASE risk in heart disease and risk for cancer, findings never conclude a "cause and effect" because it's always variable but we can measure the Pro-cancer factors in red meat to the be excess in fat, protein, or iron, or heat-induced mutagens. Too much protein causes issues for the kidneys, and contrary to what most people think we get on average, too much, rather than too little, in the American diet. Also, yeah, cooking the food in general is like bastardizing the entire chemical structure of it. We know there are carcinogens created from cooking these meats enough to kill the bacteria also... All in all, it sounds like it should be a lessened habit no matter what angle you come from. No one has the necessity for as much as we get today, it's just tooooo much... 

16. How much is too much protein?  Does it matter the source?  I agree that we consume too much meat, but only because we don't eat nose to tail anymore (too much muscle meat/amino acid imbalance), and maybe excessive iron intake... but not for any other reasons you stated above.

You seem one step away from linking the China study, please don't.

Perhaps not, but homo sapiens have always consumed meat in one form or another. Paleolithic man consumed great quantities of Fish.

18. #118 yurigadaisukida, Sep 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2014
    Its actually lie that humans are naturally vegan.

Even our primate cousins eat meat. Just not usually in the form of manslaughter and birds.

Primates eat bugs all the time.

Edit: My phone auto corrects mammal to manslaughter but never actually corrects my real.mistakes.... Gunther shshit

19. As long as she's not shitting on you every time u eat a burg I don't see the problem. Make sure she knows what's up

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

20. I honestly think you have a pretty good attitude about this if you're not trying to belittle or discourage her from doing what she wants. 

I've been vegetarian (and on and off pescetarian) for years, but my husband, friends and family are total carnivores. I still cook meat for everyone if that's what they want, but I won't eat it. For me, that came a result of not liking to criticize other people and understanding that not everyone is going to feel the same way as I do, but sometimes when people are impassioned about a new "thing" in their lives they lose sight of themselves. 

All that being said, I would tell her what you're feeling. I think a lot of times people feel weird about vegans because there's this unspoken line of judgment hidden in the word. If you tell her "I'm going to continue to eat meat, and I need you to be okay with it. Maybe one day I'll try your thing, but that is not today." what can she possibly say? I think laying down that hard boundary is going to be key in staying happy. If you don't, it will feel like every time she talks about it is condemning you (even if she doesn't meant it that way), and that can breed a lot of resentment.