Annoyed that my girlfriend is going vegan...

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by NeRDxARCHON, Feb 12, 2014.

it's all about the quality of the product.
    even the best cut "usda approved" chunk of meat is not the same as grass fed 100% natural steak.

also meat consumption probably went up due to shitty fast food growth and a ton of horrible beef-like products used in all those burgers. that + sugar = cancer.

high quality meat alone would not cause cancer, or there's unlikely to be a direct link. 
    what the studies show is that the meat quality has gotten worse and worse over the years and we are now experiencing the results of all these harmful industrial by-products.

to say that meat=cancer, is not really true. but shitty food (including "meat" in mc donald's burger or frooty loops) = cancer, for sure.

2. Not really....

Again, it comes down to hormones and the way red meat breaks down in the human body but

Research... NOT research funded by the meat and dairy council... real unbiased research...

I think I am done in this thread but I hope anyone who further looks into this will lessen their meat consumption as I try to myself, I would like to go fully vegan unless I could live near or on a self sustaining farm but we will see what the future holds...raw organic and non gmo is the best way to go though

3. It's no so much that meat ingestion is harmful, more so the imbalance of amino acids consumed because of excess muscle meat consumption.  Eat more bone broth, or supplement with gelatin.  Also beware of excessive iron (get blood drawn regularly) and watch your calcium to phosphorus ratio (eat more dairy protein).

4. meat is a complete protein

You got.any links on.meat.causing amino acid.imbalance?

-yuri

5. Large amounts of tryptophan and methionine..both have been linked to cancer in excess.  Yes it is a complete protein, however we are not meant to eat only muscle meats.  People used to eat the whole animal, us westerners like our steaks and boneless chicken breasts.

where's your research?
    http://examine.com/faq/does-red-meat-cause-cancer.html

guys at examine know what they are doing. i will trust their word, because it is indeed well-researched and unbiased. 

7. I've never heard or read this. Got any links to peer reviewed controlled studies?
    Considering muscle meat makes up over 80-90% of the total meat, I can't see organ consumption as making a significant difference in protein balanc

Not doubting you. Just your claims surprises me and I'd like some.further reading.

Especially since cancer is pretty.much caused by DNA damage from free radicals and thus Tue primary cause is lack.of antioxidant consumption on a duly basis

-yuri

to paraphrase dr. Gerson... "a disease cannot exist in an otherwise healthy body".

most of us are too busy fighting off toxins from the consumption of poor quality water, poisonous food and toxins in the air. 
    if your immune system is overloaded with cleaning out the toxins from your daily lifestyle, then it simply has no way to fight serious disease. 

a lifestyle of damaging the immune system vs the one that promotes its optimal function, is what ultimately leads to cancer, diabetes and other chronic illness.

9. is meat one of those toxins?

-yuri

10. Not the meat itself. It really depends on how you process it.

"Heterocyclic amines (HCAs) and polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs) are chemicals formed when muscle meat, including beef, pork, fish, or poultry, is cooked using high-temperature methods, such as pan frying or grilling directly over an open flame (1). In laboratory experiments, HCAs and PAHs have been found to be mutagenic-that is, they cause changes in DNA that may increase the risk of cancer."
    http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/factsheet/Risk/cooked-meats

But the meat still provides you with a good amount of nutrients. Maybe that evens out the carcinogens. When you smoke pot you also get a lot of shit but also the cannabinoids which seem to work against cancer. I don't think I can convince any vegan though. They can't convince me either. It's often a hardened topic. I stick to meat and fish.

11. Yea. The way I see it, meat itself gets too much hate

We have non vegans living past 100...

I think people overthink diet. Don't eat junk. Eat veggies. Lol

-yuri

12. we're hoping to bag a free range vegan buck this weekend

13. #193 yurigadaisukida, Dec 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2014
    There is non vegan Buck?

What is.Buck? Hoarse?

-yuri

14. #194 well highdrated, Dec 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2014
    natural, pasture raised cattle should be void of most toxins. 

the industrial, processed and treated meat is full of toxins as we've seen many times. 

i am talking about chemical toxins. naturally occurring ones are rather minimal, and if you eat other foods (such as veggies, which was said a few times) most of them will be negated. 

a person puts more toxins on their skin in the form of creams, sun lotions, deodorants and make-up than anyone who consumes reasonable amounts of high-quality meat. 

15. #195 forty winks, Dec 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2014

a buck.  the vegan comment was a silly add on ...

[​IMG]

16. Now I feel.dumb. I knew what a Buck was... LOL. *smoke*

-yuri

17. Sigh I guess that's how my friends feel about me then:( I am moving towards a vegan diet but my friends don't like the idea. But I really dislike the taste of meat and eggs.... So why not veganism for me right???>