Car audio thread

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by B33PB33P, Feb 11, 2014.

1. I got down to getting the door panel off and got the size of the speakers

$700 later.... Getting my speakers installed this Friday and making $87 payments for 10 months :)

:eek:

What kinda speakers?

3. Kicker for two front, Kenwood 6x9 and something vega 600w amp

lol ok, I was hoping that price included an amp.

5. Plus a installation and 4 year protection plan for everything

6. wtf is a 4 year protection plan? incase they jump out of the door and punch you in the face?

7. Sure

8. 0914141322.jpg 0914141458.jpg 0914141458a.jpg 0914141458b.jpg

Attached Files:

9. #91 manontherun, Sep 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2014
    So I will try to not endure any jealousy.

I'm running 2 infinity 1 kW amps powering 2 1kw infinity subs.

6 jl audio speakers ( forget what ones but they are fairly nice) 2 in the rear 2 in front and 2 in the center (van) with separate tweeters in the front top.

1 jl audio amp for the 4 rear speakers and a ken wood for the front, they match very well and provide a beautiful balance.

Now my centerpiece is my deck. The eclipse mk 7200. My god guys. If the was ever an audiophile deck to be owned it is this one. I scored it for $800 installed a few years ago and the a out of customization is amazing. 24-bit DACs and 32-bit digital signal processor

I am considering posting pics but my vehicle is rather well known and I would prefer not link my personal life to this forum.

You could just snap some pics of the interior. At least show us the eclipse!

11. Still have some tape to peel etc.. But making progress on my fiberglass box. Still always to go but it's taking shape. I definitely regret not using any wax or release agent, but the tape comes off relatively easy so you live and learn I guess..

Attached Files:

Have you ever fiber-glassed before?

13. No.. This is my first time. Interesting stuff to work with.

I've never worked with it either, really interested to try

15. It's really not too hard, but takes time. Also, be sure to wear protective mask! I tried a paper mask at first and it made me sick because the fumes still made there way through the mask even though I couldn't smell it. Lol. Full 3m respirator works like a charm though.

Also definitely recommend slow dry resin. I started out with bondo resin from home depot and that stuff dries crazy fast and is impossible to use for a sub box unless you use hardly any hardener.. professional slow dry resin is where it's at. Other than that, just mask your area, apply wax, tin foil or release agent to mask and start brushing/applying fiberglass. Not hard, but like I said, definitely takes time.