Car audio thread

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by B33PB33P, Feb 11, 2014.

1. Do you have aftermarket front speakers? Anyways, based off what I see there, you have the LF filter proper. I am wondering which channel you have the subs on? Are the subs on front channel because the manual for your Pioneer HU says there is a dedicated subwoofer out. The other side of the amp, opposite side of wire hookup is usually where the real adjustments are. 

2. Does you sub cut out when you turn it up higher? Your coil may be unwinding just a little and causing back feed into the amp causing it to go into protect at higher volume levels

Sent from my HTC One

3. Yea guys I'm fuckin confused as fuck I just hit up my buddy there he's gonna look at it for me.thanks a lot for trying to help me

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. If you were nearby I would just do it for you

5. #25 Rainy Daze, Feb 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2014
    Haha I appreciate it man I just wish I could do it myself. Last time I let people who don't know what their doin mess with my radio I guess I had to learn this lesson the hard way. Just the constant cutting in and out pisses me the fuck offff

6. Bad ground maybe. Bad electrical.

But if the gain on your amp is too high, it will do that.

The gain is used to match the voltage output from your headunit. Its not a volume control.

Increasing you frequency could give you results you like. I like 80-120 hz

Im running: A pioneer headunit, a Rockford fosgate T-2000BD mono block, 2 MTX 9500, dual batterys and a high output alternator. Inside of car is dynomatted, all the panels have sound deading attatched. Foam is also installed. Dashboard is packed with stuffing. Entire electrical system, all wires have been replaced with larger wires.

All this in my 73 AMC Gremlin.

7. #27 Synyster Jesus, Feb 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2014
    I actually just redid my system.

Had Focal PS165's in my doors and rear on a Cadence 4 channel. Amp blew and took my front speakers with it. The rears were fine though... replaced the blown Focals with a set of JL C3's and replaced the Cadence with a JL 4 channel. The C3's are ok, but they don't get very loud and sound... average... at high volume. The Focals were better. The JL amp just works, nothing special. 

Then I replaced my old sub with a Sundown Zv4 12", put it in a 2.5^3 box, and hooked up a Soundqubed 2200 (freaking excellent amp, noticed you wanted one, OP). The lows are fucking violent. I've got a second Zv4 waiting to go in, gonna wait until I can get another SQ2200 and replace my mids... again.

Also added a Pioneer AVIC-Z140 and a reverse camera because I can't see shit out of my Camaro.

Oh and I've got Dynamat in my doors and all over my trunk. It seriously helps. No rattles (ok, that's a lie, but I can't help it at this point) and it keeps the bass tight and the mids are louder.

8. I found out what it was just a bad ground

9. Excellent.

10. Anybody follow Steve Meade? If not I suggest you do.

11. I have a Fi bl 15 on a crecendo 2250 powerd by an XS d3400 in the front and a XS Xp 3000 in the back. Will post pics tomorrow.

12. #32 B33PB33P, Mar 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2014
    Damn nice setup man I'll post up a pic soon got my all my stuff 98% done but lost the drive to go 100% still need to repaint it and stuff

Sent from my HTC One

13. I literally just finished installing my system. 2 12" fosgate rockford p3's pushing a 1000w amp

14. not sure the exact model of my speakers or head unit.

but i have 4 infiniti speakers, 2 infiniti tweeters

2 1000 watt jl audio amps

2 10" kickers pushing 800 watts each

ken wood touch screen head unit.

Ill post pictures tomorrow when its light out. 

in my opinion best system I've heard in a while. not saying its the best but out of the people i know it definitely tops theirs!

15. stock, since I'm supposed to be the only one listening to it

16. I ran a very early version of the hdc 18" off of about 1500watts rms in an Isuzu trooper. 6.3 or so cubic foot box with an enormous amount of port area tuned somewhere around 33hz iirc. That bitch was intense. Mine was an aluminum coil sub but I believe the coppers are more efficient. Upgrading your electrical at all? Can't make wattage without an amble supply of amperage from the alt.

17. Ahhhh the beautiful act of correctly setting gains, and the never ending job of sound deadening/rattle tracking. Remote gain knobs can come in handy for a substage volume control but only if "max" on the knob = correct setting on amp. Which alternator company did you go with? Have always wanted to try one of the bigger fosgate amps but am too cheap. Most importantly... Gremlins rock

Surprised and happy to see so many "small scale" companies in here. Audioque/FI make me smile.

18. Its acually nothing fancy, just a large case ford style alternator that I upgraded to about double output. The stock unit produced about 90 amps, so I should be about 180 amps. (Just sent it to a local electrical shop)

Which is bare minimal for my stereo. Need 200+ or some shit for that AMP. It was bench tested (the amp) at like 2600 RMS @ 1 Ohm.
    Hell, my box is total junk, and leaky. So I never have been able to fully hear the power.

When I can, I need to get a bigger, tougher built box. (My MTXs 9500 were used, the box was a MTX sledgehammer, cut down to be smaller. I thinking Its called a sledgehammer box I cant remember.

Yeah its suck a how many rattles that car has. Most of it was the roof sounding like metal roofing when the base would hit. Made it sound like shit. It was a "drag" car, amd inside was gutted. Had the headliner though, so I got some still cardboard material and made a new one. Dynomatted the metal on the roof, layered (glued and taped) foam on top of that, then the headliner and fabric.

Old cars are fun, way easier to make custom shit that acually fits and can be made to look good.

19. I have nothing special, mostly stock besides 2 5.5inch alpine speakers up in the front footwell and 2 10 inch mtx in a ported box with 800w running through em. With a small ass bmw 318is it still bumps and its all i need till i can upgrade to my dream system:)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

20. #40 Grandpa Subin, Mar 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2014
    Unfortunately, I'm stuck with a Bose HU (because of nav.), but the rest of the system is pretty decent.  Audio Control unit front ends ARC KS-300-4 (bridged) to Dynaudio mids and tweets while a ARC KS 300-2 feeds a 10" Alpine shallow mount sub (stealth spare tire enclosure). I found that sound dampening (CLD, closed cell foam, and MLV  really helped audio quality.  I m really pleased with the Dynaudio gear which replaced Jl Audio which replaced Pioneer which replaced Rockford ... and so on