Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Best sativa strain for motivation and being active.

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by TheHappyHerbMan, Feb 11, 2014.

1. jack herer ........or lambsbread

2. Sour Diesel will wake you up, that's for sure. Sativas are actually the plants with higher levels of THC. CBD and CBN are more related to indicas.

3. I know everyone is different but when I medicate with Sour D people tend to notice I'm high. For some odd reason I don't get this with strains like Cindy 99 or Green Crack.

4. I agree, sour D always does the trick for me.

5. The problem I have with Sour D is the "stoned" effect outweighs the energizing clear headed high I'm after. If you check the strains characteristics on a site like Leafly, which I use a lot, you'll see Sour D's first 3 characteristics are euphoric, up,  and happy. So you're going to get stoned and look it! It's hard to find good Sativas and dominant ones that are clear, energizing, upbeat and functional. Kali is a great Sativa but it's got a head quality that puts it just over onto my "not a wake and vape/smoke" strain. There's one called OCD that is great. Just can't find it.

Totally agree. Yeah I use Leafly too but having been a medical cannabis patient in Colorado since 2011, Leafly can be inaccurate. One of the strains that comes to mind is Blue Dream. I've seen it labeled Sativa, Indica and hybrid at various shops. I'll never buy Blue Dream because it's one of those strains that has gotten too popular, so you really never know which genetics you have. Even in a heavily regulated state like Colorado, things are far from B&W. Dispensaries only have to grow 70% of what they sell, so the other 30% can come from another dispensary and there is no regulation saying if said dispensary sells to another that the strain names have to be accurate. 

But yeah in my experience, and yes everyone will respond differently, Cindy 99 and Green Crack are great wake and bake strains for motivation, creativity and just being active in general. Cindy 99 being the more uplifting of the two. 

7. CBD has zero THC in it. CBN I'm pretty sure is the kind you're looking for. CBD is for children w/ seizure etc..

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

8. Hey johnny#5....I think you've got that mixed up. THC and CBD are both individual component parts of cannabis, but they are very different. CBN is what you get when cannabis decarboxylates which happens by applying heat. Baking, smoking, or vaping. It's the opposite of what Happy wants. It also happens over time and exposure. CBD is incredibly versatile medically. Check out Storm Crow's archives some time. Pack a lunch :smoke:  there's volumes of "links" to data.
    CBN is sedative. I use a good Indica for sleep issues and bake it well so that the CBN increases considerably. I process it to get the oil.
    Which leads me to why strains are so important. You wouldn't want to use a Sativa, high THC, to sleep nor an Indica, lo THC, for daytime energy. It's much more efficient to start with the right product. There are exceptions in the hybrids but that's a pretty good rule to follow.
    Back in the day when bud was binary, you had some or you didn't. THC/CBD/CBN weren't even a consideration. Today we have lots of choices :hello:

9. to some they have less time than others to figure out those choices or to even know they have choices.. people need to make their own program and get with it

10. My inputs:

C99 (Cinderella "Cindy" 99) - Genetics are Jack Herer stock if i'm not mistaken. Grows easy, yields decent, excellent sativa high. This should be your first choice!!!

Durban Poison (African landrace) - very energetic/motivating. I'm a photographer and have done some of my best work under the influence of the Durbs. Can be a bit racey/paranoia-inducing at the onset though... Unfortunately can grow very spindly. Can be grown indoors/stealth, but honestly you should look elsewhere if growing in limited space/stealth-ops.

California Orange (or Orange Bud) - these are Skunk phenos I believe, and are said to be 50/50 sativa/indica? In my experience the high seems more on the sativa-ish side. Very clear, great for socializing, and enough trippiness to please the sativa fan. However, many think these are underpowered. If you like a "lighter" high, this is your bag (I personally love these strains!). Smoke enough though, and she can still launch you into outer space. Easy to grow too, should stay squat, and compact buds (for a sativa anyway)

Nebula - Never tried it, but heard it's a pleasure to grow, with decent yields. Sativa high, but have heard it's racey/paranoi-ish. I definitely plan on trying this.

Silver Haze - Easily the highest I ever got was smoking this stuff! Super trippy, almost trance-like. Can't exactly say it was "clear-headed", but holy crap did this set me off! Smoked it back in the 90's at "High Time" coffeeshop in Amsterdam (not to be confused with High Times magazine). If you appreciate a Haze high, this is where it's at. I'm sure other hazes are quite similar, although I don't have experience with them (Super Silver Haze, Super Lemon Haze, etc)

Kali Mist - genetics are a bit of a mystery, but apparently Cambodian landrace dominant? Grows pretty easy (so I've heard), but long flower period. High is of the highest caliber! It's like a clear-headed haze high to me. Excellent stuff.

Just thought that might peak your interest a bit. Unfortunately in my area, everyone is cash-croppers, so it's speedy indicas for the most part, and mediocre grows at best :(

11. Agent Orange - really can't go wrong with citrus

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk