thomasjeffersons veranda

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by donothinggardening, Feb 10, 2014.

1. Sweet seeds is the breeder :)

http://en.seedfinder.eu/strain-info/Cream_Caramel_Auto/Sweet_Seeds/

Love that site lol. They will stop branching after a while its like flowering they have a sort of stretch then they bud up...pretty cool to watch though!

2. #1642 HOWHIGHISTOHIGH, Sep 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2014
    Have you noticed any male characteristics with these yet..? I've noticed a couple reeealllly tall ones. Lol. I'm gonna guess there males, but we shall see..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPphDSc6ZEE&app=desktop

3. Awesome thanks man! Excited to see what they do :D

Yeah I probably have a dude or two... a couple are tall and have lanky appearances.. I'm down for anything. All ladies is cool and two ladies is cool. If I get all dudes I'll probably be bummed lol

TJ

4. I didn't know it'd be that noticeable. I kinda hope they are, then I'll have knowledge on it. Jus not more than 2! Haha

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

5. Getting pretty wild in here I see! :smoke:
    Hey bro, I got a couple free 3.5oz of extreme mykos! :) should I use them?

6. Pretty much. About all the training I did was weigh down some of the outer branches to let more light in.

I'll see if Google can find a supplier for the cream caramel.

Sent from somewhere over there.
    No, not there...over THERE.

7. Definitely get them in the final pots for at least one week, preferably two before flipping. It gets those roots headed into those ten gallons for flowering

8. Great thread tj I just found it up to page 40 can't wait to catch up! Mind if I take a seat and enjoy?

Sent from my XT1031 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. So do ya think if I mixed up a little ewc/extreme mykos tea it would be good for my soil? Or would ya suppose it's better mixing straight into the soil?

10. Dude hell yes! Glad to have ya dc. :wave: :)

TJ

11. Hey sorry I forgot to reply before. The extreme mykos is just another vam inoculant. It needs direct contact with roots ~24hrs after being moistened. So for best results, it is usually recommended to dust it on the roots at tp. Although some experts like Dr. Mike Amaranthus say it is effective to irrigate with too. Might be worth a try! What is the expiration date on that stuff? Unfortunately, it will exp eventually...

TJ

12. I checked..it doesn't have an exp date. So what is the big deal with this shit compared to a normal everyday vam?

13. #1653 DeadLeaf, Sep 20, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2014
    It's says "improves soil structure" so that means it can just be added to the soil too... curious stuff. It boasts a lot of different claims that don't really make sense to me. I'll just do a side by side... oh I know..I have a mini me GFBA that has taken forever and I'm gonna tp it right now...I'll use the mykos on that! :) I'll post the update in my thread as soon as I get that going ..and these couple bowls too! :bongin:

14. #1654 TheWaterBoy, Sep 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2014
    The plants look great, TJ!! I bet your getting excited to get rolling again!  

Peace brother! 

TwB

Edit: Lets get @[member="Patanjali"] over here... I'm sure he would like to be along for the ride!

15. #1655 Anatman, Sep 20, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2014
    Pun? :smoking:

Haha! Thanks TwB!

Hey how's it going TJ/OS?! I'm going to have to come back through this thread tomorrow when I get a new allotment of 'likes' lol!

Can't wait to see what you do with auto's! The only ones I have seen grown out were done  either in straight DWC or passive hydro. Certainly they will not compare to your living soil! ;)

I saw you mentioned xtreme mykos. I've been using this product for about 2 years now, and I really like it. At the local dro store with the good guy discount it's like $15-16/per lb. I can't beat the price, and it's straight glomus intraradices. Personally, I don't like the 2 million trichoderma spores some companies like to add. I'm kind of thinking it is the premier product repackaged, but that is only a hunch. :confused_2:

Good to see you!
    P-

17. Fuck...forgot to take pictures and I was accidently a little rough with the little plant I hope I didn't hurt it :unsure:

18. Weird :blink: mine does lol and it probably should. It is just fungi spores afterall.

"VAM" just is an acronym for Vesicular Arbuscular Mycorrhiza. "Myco" is the Greek root meaning "fungus", as in mycology- the study of fungi. "Riza" is the Greek word for "root". So "mycorrhizae" literally means "fungus root". It refers to a type of symbiotic relationship: a mycorrhizal relationship... NOT a species of fungus. There are many species of fungi that form mycorrhizal relationships with plants.

Xtreme Gardening Mykos is an inoculant containing 1 species of VAM fungi: Glomus Intraradices. This strain is known to infect a wide variety annual flowering plants very easily and that includes cannabis. Some people argue that having only 1 strain of VAM should be more effective than a mixture with many strains such as products like Great White which use the "everything but the kitchen sink" method.

Mycorrhizal fungi are pretty incredible man! I think that the products do probably make a lot of ridiculous claims. It isn't magic lol. Just fungi.

TJ

19. TheWaterBoy - thanks man! And yes I am really excited for this run. So far it is going quite well :) can't wait to see some flowers in my tent again!

And hey, good thinkin. I like that Patanjali guy! CO blades, ftw! :yay:

TJ

20. Plants are looking good my man! Enjoy the weekend bro